klaron

5 replies to this topic

#1 goodz19

goodz19

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 May 2010 - 06:42 PM

Hi. I was onBactrim/Sulfa wash/Klaron from approx 2006-2009 with fabulous results. Doctor took me off the Bactrim as i was on so long. I continued using the wash with first good, then ok, then poor results. I recently tried the regimen (for the 2nd time) but all it did was burn the top layer of my face off, despite going slow.

After much frustration and feeling down, I contacted by derm about going back on the Bactrim since its the only thing that worked. My liver test came back fine.

Ive been using for 3 days and this morning I noticed a small flat rash in my right temple area and small slightly raised rash behind my right jaw. I have not taken any Bactrim today since seeing it. Its still there, not getting worse. My pharmacist says that one can become allergic to a product at any time. I dont know how that is, but I was using the Klaron and the wash (both sulfa products like the Bactrim) w/ absolutely no adverse effects. And Im putting it on my face. Am I freaking out about this small rash for no reason? I know there are serious side effects when using Bactrim. I really would like to continue since its the only thing thats ever helped. I just find it odd that an allergy would pop up like that, out of nowhere seemingly, when I've consistently been using Sulfa products w/p a problem.

Thank you for any advice or experience you can lend.

Morning: Cetaphil cleanser, apply Sodium sulfacetamide

Evening: Cetaphil cleanser, apply differin, wait 1/2 hr, apply aczone as spot treatment.

Not overally exciting w/ the results

Also Has Seb Derm and been using Oxistat in beard area in the mornings.  Same, nothing special about the results

#2 LoveGreenSmoothies

LoveGreenSmoothies

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 02 May 2010 - 07:15 PM

I would be freaking out too! I think you should call your Dr. tomorrow and see what they say. It's probably nothing, but you can never be too careful.
Please only PM me if it's something that cannot be talked about on the thread or is highly personal. This way, everyone benefits.

#3 goodz19

goodz19

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 May 2010 - 07:24 PM

I will definitely call in the morning. Seems very puzzling to me. I would think an allergic rash would be more widespread than something localized. But Im no doctor. Seems my face would have reacted since Im using the Klaron still.

Appreciate any thoughts or comments

Edited by goodz19, 02 May 2010 - 07:26 PM.

Evening: Cetaphil cleanser, apply differin, wait 1/2 hr, apply aczone as spot treatment.

Also Has Seb Derm and been using Oxistat in beard area in the mornings.  Same, nothing special about the results

#4 Snowangel0917

Snowangel0917

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 06 May 2010 - 05:04 PM

I used Bactrim about a month ago and it was actually working the first week & then I became itchy all over my entire body! It was crazy! I couldn't even sleep at night! So I think it is possible to become allergic out of no where. Sucks casue it worked so good! Now I'm on Solodyn (Minocycline) not working as amazing, but i'll give it some time.
Morning
-Wash face w/ Ovace (sulfer wash)
-65mg Solodyn around 2pm
-1 fish oil pill around 7am

Night
-Wash face w/ Ovace (sulfer wash)
-Wait 30 minutes to apply Atralin gel
- 1 fish oil pill around 7pm
-Multi vitamin

Diet
No junk food! (suger)
No dairy!
Drink a ton of water!

#5 goodz19

goodz19

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 May 2010 - 05:54 PM

Thanx. The Bactrim did the job when I first used it.

Anyway, the doctor said to stop til the rash goes away and then try again. I didnt take any Sunday and Monday and the rash was gone.

I took a morning and afternoon on Tuesday and 1 in the morning on Wednesday. I then noticed a small hive on my left wrist that went away quickly, then later in the evening, 2 more on my chest. Needless to say, Im done w/ the Bactrim sad.gif So disappointing too since it worked beautifully before.

#6 Snowangel0917

Snowangel0917

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 06 May 2010 - 06:04 PM

I used Bactrim about a month ago and it was actually working the first week & then I

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users