Bridge of nose red

2 replies to this topic

#1 Thrill

Thrill

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 May 2010 - 12:02 PM

I once had a few large spots on my nose, this was the start of it all. I applied Sudocrem and then started using toothpaste, and it's seemingly burnt my skin.

My skin is now red, and doesn't want to go down. The skin is clear of spots, but it is red and shiny and feels different to the rest of my nose. it starts between my eye brows and goes down about 1cm, and around the top of my nose. it's quite noticeable, but people say it isnt that bad.

I have jojoboa oil, aloe vera gel, aloe vera gel which contains tea tree, benzoyl peroxide cream and gel, 2.5%, 10%, 4%.

i don't know what to do. if i just leave it, it does not heal up or get better. the skin is just red, it isn't painful or anything,

#2 Shantelle

Shantelle

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 03 May 2010 - 02:41 PM

QUOTE (Thrill @ May 2 2010, 12:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I once had a few large spots on my nose, this was the start of it all. I applied Sudocrem and then started using toothpaste, and it's seemingly burnt my skin.

My skin is now red, and doesn't want to go down. The skin is clear of spots, but it is red and shiny and feels different to the rest of my nose. it starts between my eye brows and goes down about 1cm, and around the top of my nose. it's quite noticeable, but people say it isnt that bad.

I have jojoboa oil, aloe vera gel, aloe vera gel which contains tea tree, benzoyl peroxide cream and gel, 2.5%, 10%, 4%.

i don't know what to do. if i just leave it, it does not heal up or get better. the skin is just red, it isn't painful or anything,

Hi there

Not sure about this but it could be Seb Dermatitis (fungal infection of skin). Mine started similarly- breakouts that came and went, then skin becomming redder (on nose). It was difficult to figure out what was going on as in my case, skin didn't itch. Is the skin area a little oily? this would be a warning sign of seb dermatitis. My Dermatologist diagnosed it and put me on sporanox anti-fungal capsules, and miconazole cream (must use sparingly otherwise makes skin redder). After 1 months treatment, skin is much better but still a little pink. advise you see Derm asap though...

#3 Thrill

Thrill

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 May 2010 - 12:48 PM

Hi Shantelle,

Yeah, my nose is really oily (and my whole forhead for that matter) I dont know if its just scarred with the toothpaste and im messing it up even more by applying aloe vera and BP 2.5% and all this or what?

you say dermatolgist? thank you

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users