Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's the best thing to put on a spot?

13 members have voted

1. 1. What's the best thing to put on a spot?

• BP
    • Vinegar
    • Lemon juice
    • Toothpaste
    • Retin-A
    • Other (please specify)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

9 posts in this topic

What's the best thing to apply topically to a pimple?

*Not* a cyst, just a small, raised lump - just perhaps what you'd call a run-of-the-mill spot, possibly the type that even non-acne sufferers would get.

I've read so many different 'miracle' cures, would be interesting to see how this poll turns out..

Would be good/helpful if you could briefly explain how you'd apply/use your choice too.

smile.gif

sulfar that's the only time i use the sulfur masks, for spots i get. I also use bp everyday anyway but i voted other

I think you need to apply something with salicylic acid in it to help clear the pore if its just a raised bump.

I use the Clean & Clear Blackhead Scrub and it works well to keep me clear of those bumps (and I used to get them ALL the time).

I combine this with BP, but I only use the BP when I actually see/feel a pimple coming up because I, too, am concerned with some of the stories I've heard about BP, although I'm not gonna give it up completely. tongue.gif

~nancy

What stories have you heard about BP? I've always wondered if putting too much topicals is bad for your skin but it seems as if I don't use anything, I just breakout even worse.

I don't remember who, but someones skin got really messed up after using it for a long time, like it was really dry and cracked unless they were always putting moisturiser on

What stories have you heard about BP?  I've always wondered if putting too much topicals is bad for your skin but it seems as if I don't use anything, I just breakout even worse.

~nancy

tea tree oil/penetration enhancer (jojoba oil, bisabolol, etc) mixture. Tea tree oil doesn't do the trick for me otherwise. Others on the boards have had luck with tea tree oil mixed with jojoba or emu oil on spots. My BHA lotion contains bisabolol.

99.5% Clear (skin gets 'congested' PMS week, but no actual breakouts)

---------------------------

Fragrance-Free Baby Wipes + a few drops Rimmel Makeup Remover solution

3/4 AHA Toner* & 1/4 Glycerin (cotton pad) -- good toner, moisturizer, and makeup base (use less glycerin if not under makeup)

Occasional Treatments (2-3x/week): Exfoliating bp wash* in shower, 2.5% bp lotion* at night

CoverGirl TruBlend Powder Foundation

* = Klear Action Kit (Pro-Activ knockoff)

Gluten-free diet (for non-acne reasons, but it seems to have cleared my acne)

If you want sulfur + BP why not just get the Clearisil Adult Acne BP.

I wanna try that. My friend has it,it seemed to work well.