Photo

Hyperplasia

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 chris1024

chris1024

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 April 2010 - 04:30 PM

So, this is fun. I went through horrible acne as a teenager, had nice skin for quite some time, and now these start popping up! Bringing me back to the way I felt 20 years ago (has it been that long...). Anybody else deal with these? They are becoming quite distracting, dragging my confidence down.

#2 guppy45

guppy45

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 03 May 2010 - 12:42 PM

Do you mean sebaceous hyperplasia? If so I think electrocautery has worked for some but they can grow back. I have some of these but may or may not get them cauterized until I fix my folliculitis. Uhm. I personally think hyperplasia is brought on by genetics & dryness. When on the lips it's referred to as fordyce. It's almost like the glands get bigger in hopes to get moisture. Interestingly, accutane can sometimes shrink hyperplasia but they again sometimes grow back.

Basically, from my digging online cautery seems to work better than lasering them. In theory, after their removal, they scab over for about 1.5 weeks and then heal.

QUOTE (chris1024 @ Apr 25 2010, 06:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So, this is fun. I went through horrible acne as a teenager, had nice skin for quite some time, and now these start popping up! Bringing me back to the way I felt 20 years ago (has it been that long...). Anybody else deal with these? They are becoming quite distracting, dragging my confidence down.

#3 chris1024

chris1024

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 May 2010 - 05:42 PM

Yeah, the problem is finding a derm in my area who will actually treat them. I have an appointment with one who does laser. Not sure if they are bad enough to spend the money on that but they do bother me, not to mention that my skin has gone crazy lately with zits.

#4 mebe

mebe

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 July 2010 - 10:59 PM

hmm I suffer from this as well. bump this to see what others have to say.

#5 chrisc1024

chrisc1024

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 March 2013 - 04:30 PM

Still been dealing with this for a few years now (had to reregister since I couldn't remember my old details). They have gotten worse in the last few months. Found a derm who will use electro cautery, have my appointment next month and will post pictures.

#6 chrisc1024

chrisc1024

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 March 2013 - 04:56 PM

Sorry for the weird angle, best way to see them. Just hating the bumpy texture that they are creating. I'd say about 5 more small ones have appeared in the last few months. 

photo_zps96d68ed8.jpg

Edited by chrisc1024, 25 March 2013 - 05:02 PM.

#7 chrisc1024

chrisc1024

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 April 2013 - 03:30 PM

Had my first ever electrocautery today. Didn't hurt too bad, and they are scabbing up...she didn't get all of them, she said the ones that are too small are hard to treat without damaging the skin. Kinda feel like I have a sunburn right now. But, I'm feeling like at least I did SOMETHING about this for the first time since it started a few years back.

#8 goodz19

goodz19

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 April 2013 - 07:33 AM

Please keep us updated w. your progress.  I too suffer from these and am interested in having them removed if at all possible.