Witch hazel

6 replies to this topic

#1 tayloralligator

tayloralligator

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 April 2010 - 03:50 PM

Oh my god. Okay. I just want to share this with the world of acne sufferers. I have tried absolutely everything. Differin, tazorac, antibiotic pills, proactive, finacea, retinol, natural treatments like apple cider vinegar, crushed up aspirin, sea salt. I even tried the acne.org regimen but maybe I wasn't doing it right because my skin was so horribly dry that I couldn't go out in public. So about a week ago, I was reading about witchhazel and I figured, why not. Its only like two dollars. And omg, I kid you not. My skin has cleared up soooo unbelievably much. It's a million times softer (it felt like sandpaper before), younger looking, my horrible hyperpigmentation on my cheeks is slowly fading...my pores are smaller...i'm still getting a few pimples when I wake up in the morning but they are calmer and they go away faster. My skin in general just looks healthier. I can't even believe it and it almost seems too good to be true. All of my friends have noticed and commented on how much clearer my skin looks. I just take a cotton ball and soak it in generic rite-aid witch hazel and put it all over my face, morning and night. If you've tried everything and feel like giving up, just try this. It won't hurt..it's sooo cheap. Good luck people smile.gif

#2 Dannigirl

Dannigirl

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 April 2010 - 08:54 PM

I'm with you- thousands of dollars later. Sighhhh....it's not the only thing I use but I love it. It has been helping straightening out the acne, I cleansed and medicated to death.
wub.gif
I suggest it to everyone.

#3 c'est la vigne

c'est la vigne

All aboard the nekobus!!!

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 14
About Me

Posted 22 April 2010 - 09:06 PM

Moved to the General Acne Products board.

and i totally would have a crush on you if I had any lesbian tendencies

[sig-img:553]

Click here to find out why I'm so frustrated.

... and watch out for those RBDs.

#4 violetfae

violetfae

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 April 2010 - 03:56 PM

To make the witch hazel even better, add six drops lavender essential oil per 8 oz. witch hazel. Witch hazel is astringent and lavender is said to work similar to tea tree oil as an antimicrobial agent.

#5 BD REMO7

BD REMO7

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:hiking and anything outdoors, from kayaking to bird watching

Posted 26 January 2011 - 06:06 PM

QUOTE (violetfae @ Apr 24 2010, 05:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
To make the witch hazel even better, add six drops lavender essential oil per 8 oz. witch hazel. Witch hazel is astringent and lavender is said to work similar to tea tree oil as an antimicrobial agent.

Do you just use witch hazel no soap ?

#6 wendyb3785

wendyb3785

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 November 2011 - 05:40 PM

I literally worship Witch Hazel for my slight redness skin, and light\moderate acne . I have tried everything (feels like), im in my late 20's and I was like dang when is all gonna be over with. My boss is in her late 50s and doesn't look a day over 38. She told me to try T.N. DICKINSON'S WITCH HAZEL ($3 at wally world) on a cotton ball and oily of olay (pink) for the moisturizer cuz the witch hazel tends to dry out your face. Been doing this method for 4 months now and I don't have a red face, no acne (other than when its that time of the month lol) and I have no more acne scars. The moisturizer is a little pricey but it compensates for the witch hazel for being so cheep. I will use the acne method for the rest of my life. Done a little research and witch hazel also prolongs wrinkle development. So plz try if u had never tried cuz im sure u will find what u have been looking for for who knows how long now.....

#7 Nelo18

Nelo18

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 November 2011 - 01:36 PM

Witch Hazel is an irritant and will probably make acne worse. Causes free radical damage and collagen breakdown. but if it works, keep using it i guess.

http://www.cosmeticscop.com/cosmetic-ingredient-dictionary/definition/1602/witch-hazel.aspx
Claravis 40mg started 10/12/11
Stopped on 11/10/11 because of Liver Functioning and High Cholesterol.

Recontinued 3/16/12 - Finished 8/25/12

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users