Photo

Beware of Proactiv!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 salpk

salpk

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 April 2010 - 01:59 PM

I did not receive my proactiv order so I had called them. They tracked it and told me it was delivered. I asked for the tracking # because my order confirmation was never sent to my email and the delivery confirmation wasn't sent either, like they said we would get on their website. I tracked it while on the phone with one of the reps and told her that this was never sent to my address. It was sent elsewhere. She had lied to me! Then she said that she will send a replacement. I told her that I don't want the replacement and to refund me the money. I was not going to support them and waste my money on such a shady company. She said that I could not cancel and that she will put my account on hold till September. I told her give me a refund and she said that I will have to fill out an affidavit. Told her forget it, I will just dispute the item with the bank. So I called the bank and told them of the situation, that they lied about the delivery of the item, and also that their website says that we can cancel at anytime, no questions asked. The bank called them and they had us on 3 way conversation and the bank representative said she will leave the conversation and that if they continue to fight me on the item, call back, and she will refund me. So I talked to a different proactiv rep and he said that my account is cancelled. Then he said they will refund me after I receive and sign an affidavit. I told him to send it to me fedex 1 day and he put me on hold. Then he came back and said they will override and just give me the refund. What a shady place. I had called them in the first place because I did not want them to charge me for another month when I haven't even received the item yet. This is all a scam to get another months worth of money out of you. I'm sure the product works, but they're in this business to make more money...and this is how they do it. I told the rep to find a better job and he surely must not feel good scamming people...that I'm probably not the first to complain. He was quiet for a good 30 seconds.

#2 lovestravel

lovestravel

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 April 2010 - 02:29 PM

QUOTE (salpk @ Apr 21 2010, 02:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I did not receive my proactiv order so I had called them. They tracked it and told me it was delivered. I asked for the tracking # because my order confirmation was never sent to my email and the delivery confirmation wasn't sent either, like they said we would get on their website. I tracked it while on the phone with one of the reps and told her that this was never sent to my address. It was sent elsewhere. She had lied to me! Then she said that she will send a replacement. I told her that I don't want the replacement and to refund me the money. I was not going to support them and waste my money on such a shady company. She said that I could not cancel and that she will put my account on hold till September. I told her give me a refund and she said that I will have to fill out an affidavit. Told her forget it, I will just dispute the item with the bank. So I called the bank and told them of the situation, that they lied about the delivery of the item, and also that their website says that we can cancel at anytime, no questions asked. The bank called them and they had us on 3 way conversation and the bank representative said she will leave the conversation and that if they continue to fight me on the item, call back, and she will refund me. So I talked to a different proactiv rep and he said that my account is cancelled. Then he said they will refund me after I receive and sign an affidavit. I told him to send it to me fedex 1 day and he put me on hold. Then he came back and said they will override and just give me the refund. What a shady place. I had called them in the first place because I did not want them to charge me for another month when I haven't even received the item yet. This is all a scam to get another months worth of money out of you. I'm sure the product works, but they're in this business to make more money...and this is how they do it. I told the rep to find a better job and he surely must not feel good scamming people...that I'm probably not the first to complain. He was quiet for a good 30 seconds.

QUOTE (salpk @ Apr 21 2010, 02:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

#3 lovestravel

lovestravel

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 14
About Me

Posted 21 April 2010 - 02:31 PM

trust me, you are going to get another bill in the mail! i had to cancel 3x before it was actually cleared.
and there reps are worthless!

#4 c'est la vigne

c'est la vigne

All aboard the nekobus!!!

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 April 2010 - 05:09 PM

Moved to the Over-The-Counter Acne Medications board.

The Announcements And Feedback board is for discussing technical issues on the boards, not for acne- or treatment-related posts. ; )

#5 acnefree24

acnefree24

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 April 2010 - 05:26 PM

you did yourself a favor by not recieving your proactive product... because to me proactive sucks in treating acne

#6 Cindy6789

Cindy6789

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 April 2010 - 06:04 PM

Well that sounds like a real pain. I have used proactiv for years. I buy it in one of those vending machines at the mall I just get the cleanser. That way I don't get signed up for a month to month thing I just get what I want when I want it. I just use it on my face and it's done a good job. Doesn't work on my back though. I just got the BP 16 ounce from here so hoping that does the trick.

#7 Zeru

Zeru

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 April 2010 - 09:00 PM

I HAVE heard that their reps are a total pain in the ass. Completely worth trekking to the mall to avoid that craziness.

#8 lemuriadawn

lemuriadawn

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 May 2010 - 12:53 PM

I put my account on hold for 3 months and then checked my account today and saw that they had charged me again. When I called they told me that the last order I received was a 3 months supply, which was not stated anywhere in my order that the next shipment would be a 3 month supply, and I would be billed for the next 3 months. Then they told me there was nothing they could do to stop the payments. When I asked for a supervisor they said they could stop the payments and refund me when I ship the product back. They are scammers and want to get as much money out of you as possible. They don't make things clear so that they can sneak it past you. And, their product speeds up the aging process and gives you sun damage at a very accelerated rate.