Photo

Need info on Nicomide!!!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 Gen15

Gen15

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 February 2003 - 01:33 PM

Is it a prescription or not? If it's a prescription, how come it doesn't appear in the doctor's PDR? Does it work or not? Does it have any other names? I've been on the look out for info and I can't find much. Please if you can, give me a hand. Thanks. :?

#2 thatunoguyo

thatunoguyo

wowowowow

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 February 2003 - 02:45 PM

i took nicomide for a while but it didn't work for me so i stopped. it's prescription.

#3 sm

sm

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 February 2003 - 05:54 PM

i used nicomide and it worked great for me. along with the reigmen nicomide has helped me be 100% clear for almost half a year now. it is a prescription so you have to get one from your doctor. nicomide is good because it is not a medicine more like a vitamin so there are no side effects like with antibiotics. i highly recommend using it although it takes about a month and a half before it starts to kick in and work for you.

#4 njacobs

njacobs

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 February 2003 - 01:01 AM

Nicomide is a prescription medicine. My derm does not understand why the makers of Nicomide chose to make their product require a prescription. It is just a vitamin/mineral combination. My derm gave me a bunch of samples. I can't really say whether or not Nicomide helped me. It did not make my acne worse. I have insurance, but I will not pay the copay for what basically is a vitamin pill. If you go to your local health food store, you can approximate the ratios of the different components of Nicomide. The main ingredient is nicotinamide which can be found as niacinamide in the US. The other ingredients are zinc and folic acid. I picked up the separate vitamins and minerals, and saved a lot of money over the prescription price. If you do not have a prescription copay, I would say that you have nothing to lose by trying Nicomide. Take it twice daily, but be aware that the zinc contained in it can cause nausea when taken on an empty stomach.

#5 Gen15

Gen15

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 February 2003 - 11:44 PM

I'll keep you posted of my progress. Again, and I know you guys understand, I'm very greatful.
Feel free to ask anything. take care and never give up!
:D

#6 newcastlegirl

newcastlegirl

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 February 2003 - 09:57 AM

I have been using Niacinimide Cream since December for cystic acne. It is a B-vitamin compound and my naturopath got me a presription at a local pharmacy, Key Pharmacy in Kent. It works so great on the cystic acne. But I did see that acnemiracle.com sells the 5% gel niacinimide at their website and does not need a prescription. You may want to look into this way of using niacin. I have not used the pill version you guys are all talking about, so do not have any expertise on that part. I believe the 25,000 i.u. of Vitamin A has really helped my oil production stay down without drying out my skin.
Karen

#7 mliq

mliq

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 July 2003 - 05:49 PM

My derm does not understand why the makers of Nicomide chose to make their product require a prescription. It is just a vitamin/mineral combination.

If your derm really said this then maybe you need a new doctor! Obviously every drug company wishes their products were sold OTC, it is the FDA that determines whether they require a prescription.

But agreed, it is stupid that any topical skin cream requires a prescription.

#8 Turnakit

Turnakit

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 July 2003 - 07:42 PM

Yeah ...trust the FDA cuz they really care about your health...Thats Bullshit they would make band -aids require a perscription if they could..Our country is run by pharm. companys, thats who pays the doctors

#9 mliq

mliq

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 August 2003 - 06:58 AM

Well in this case they probably wanted to make it prescription because if it wasn't people would see that it is just some vitamins put together and they couldn't charge so much for it.

But in most cases, the drug companies definitely can make more money when something is non-prescription, its the doctors who are getting rich off prescriptions!

Most people here wouldn't even go to a dermatologist if all this stuff was available to try OTC, its not like the derms ever have any magic knowledge anyway.

My derm didn't even know there was such a thing as niacinimide gel, nevermind the study years ago showing it to be more effective than cleocin, a favorite among derms which has much more harmful side effects.

You would think that when they are getting so rich off us they would at least do their research, but not many do.