No replies to this topic

#1 whoalisa

whoalisa

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 9
About Me

Posted 15 April 2010 - 11:35 AM

So a while back I was dealing with what seemed to be ringworm (or some kind of fungal infection) on parts of my face (gross, I know redface.gif ). It seemed like tiny little patches of bumps on my chin, around my nostrils, and on my eyelids ninja.gif At this point I was still struggling with acne on other parts of my face, and between the pimples and the little fungus bumps, my skin was a mess. Anyway, my boyfriend had been using this shower body wash which was meant to treat jock itch (!! and other fungal infections! redface.gif ) so I decided what the hell, I can't put lamisil on my eyelids, I might as well try this. I used it as a face wash and within a matter of days whatever it was that was taking up residence on my face was disappearing, and for that matter, so was my acne! (Hooray!) I used this stuff for two months and it cleared my face entirely. One of the ingredients in this stuff is tea tree oil, which of course is effective on both fungus and acne. I've tried using TTO in the past as a pure oil diluted with water or jojoba oil, but even at it's tiniest dilution, I still found it too harsh for my skin. This fungicure soap stuff seems great for anyone who has sensitive skin like myself. This soap is very gentle, and it seems to get the job done better than any other method I've tried. It's only about $8 or so, and it's supposedly available at walgreens, although I haven't been able to find it in any of the stores here in florida. Here's a list of places where you can find it, and also a link to it on drugstore.com.
It seems the people who make the fungicure also make products actually meant for acne. I wouldn't mind trying one of those products as well!

Where to buy!

FungiCure Medicated Anti-Fungal Soap for Jock Itch

As an afterthought, the fungicure soap is just a piece of a bigger whole in my facial regimen, but it is the only one that pushed my skin over the edge to being totally clear. Here's the rest of the regimen:

Wash face with:
pHisoderm deep cleaning cream cleanser
FungiCure Medicated Anti-Fungal Soap

Immediately after washing apply a few drops of 21st Century Vitamin E Oil with lemon essential oil added (lemon oil is already one of the ingredients in the vitamin E oil, but I added more for good measure)
After the oil has been absorbed a bit, I use 2 year old Retin-a Micro (who knows if it still even works or not? rolleyes.gif )

Moisturize with Olay Regenerist deep hydration regenerating cream.

Good luck, all! eusa_dance.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users