Photo

tea tree oil and jojoba oil

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 G angelo

G angelo

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 14 April 2010 - 06:46 AM

I'm currently looking for a very mild moisturizer that helps with small blemishes. I have a problem with cream based moisturizers recently, i develop at least 3 white heads in the course of the day when i use a cream based moisturizer. Will i benefit from mixing tea tree oil and jojoba oil? anyone have any advice on how i should go about doing this, and when to apply it. my face doesnt like too many products, is this going to be too much in addition to my purpose cleanser and clindamycin in the morning and my benzol peroxide cleanser and differin at night?

how do you mix tea tree oil and jojoba oil? or should i just try jojoba oil by its self? any advice would be great!

My regimen:

Morning:
150mg tablet of Doryx
Cleanse with Purpose Cleanser
Apply Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel

Night:
Cleanse with PCA 5% benzol peroxide cleanser
wait 15 minutes
Apply Differin 0.3% gel

#2 fosono

fosono

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 April 2010 - 06:56 AM

sorry to dissapoint you but the results i got from mixing tea tree oil and jojoba oil weren't that great. i tried the OCM for about 3 months and it didn't work for me. it didn't make my acne worse but it also didn't make it better sad.gif

#3 hesitation

hesitation

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 April 2010 - 07:43 AM

Same here. I tried mixing TTO and jojoba oil. Acne got worse for some reason.

#4 G angelo

G angelo

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 14 April 2010 - 07:57 AM

Thanks for the replies guys!! did you ever use tea tree oil as spot therapy or anything like that? i'm just trying to find the best option for me with my skin that is slightly dry in the morning and oily in the day!

any one with other advice would be great!

My regimen:

Morning:
150mg tablet of Doryx
Cleanse with Purpose Cleanser
Apply Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel

Night:
Cleanse with PCA 5% benzol peroxide cleanser
wait 15 minutes
Apply Differin 0.3% gel

#5 hesitation

hesitation

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 April 2010 - 08:24 AM

TTO works amazingly well as a spot treatment, that's why I tried mixing it in the first place.

#6 Jay326

Jay326

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 April 2010 - 12:16 PM

Whenever trying something new I would test it out on a small part of your face before putting it everywhere. I know that TTO works for alot of people but for me it made me break out worse, specifically on my nose.
Things are lookin up, oh finally
I thought I'd never see the day
When you smiled at me

#7 MackabeeNutz

MackabeeNutz

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 April 2010 - 08:24 PM

I agree.Nothing beats Tea Tree Oil as spot therapy..( although I just used iodine to tincture to shrink this huge shiner i had to less than half its original size in one night !I only did this because it was right beside my eye and i thought i was taking the least risk by using it-since it dries fast )

After seeing how well it worked as a spot therapy, after putting the undiluted stuff on my face -__-'

I know..stupid.

My whole face got red tight, and the acne became aggravated.

So I decided to mix it 1 part TTO and 3 parts Aloe vera Gel.
Same thing.not as bad as the pure TTO, but there wasnt any acne clearing going on either.

So..I just use that mixture for those patches of skin that have multiple bumps on, and sort of as a
waterless maintentance cleanser for these patches.
But TTO is only good for spot therapy.
But mixed with aloe it might just work as a moisturizer if you decrease the amount. I might make a new batch of 1/5 TTO and 4/5 aloe.

I bought this moisturizer meant for acne and not just acne prone skin, its from this company
that might be canadian..might not, the company is called Derma-E, and the cream is called
Very Clear Problem skin moisturizer.and I Love it, its actually one of the best cosmetic creams Ive ever bought.It kinda makes your matte.It goes on creamy but once you spread it you feel a matting effect, plus moisture.

#8 Pandora3co

Pandora3co

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 April 2010 - 09:49 PM

HMM... can't speak for jojoba oil, I used it for a bit but never mixed tea tree in it.
But I HAVE and currently mix tea trea oil and Emu oil, and it works great for me! I also spot treat with tea tree but my AM/PM moisturiser is Emu Oil with a few drops of tea tree in it and it definately does not break me out.

I should probably also note that I have skin that's on the dry side, Not sure how well this would work on oily skin.
Regimen

Cleanse with - Neutrogena - deep clean wipes
Exfoliate /Tone with - ACV/Lemon Juice 1/1part mix
Treat with - Tea Tree Oil and 2% SA lotion
Moisturise with - Dan's AHA lotion w/1-2 drops jojoba oil added

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
-- Eleanor Roosevelt

#9 manifest

manifest

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 April 2010 - 09:56 PM

Tea tree oil is great for spot treatment, but its aggravating to some. Its very drying and can sometimes leave your face red if its undiluted.

Ive noticed that I can put pure tea tree on spots most of the time but cant after ive been in the sun...

Weird I know.

If it is aggravating your skin just dilute it with some water. I wouldnt use it as/or in a moisturizer.

I havnt used jojoba but I know its a carrier oil (meaning it help other essential oils penetrate the skin) you could try jojoba plus an essential oil mix for a moisturizer. Just research the benefits of different ones and pick some that sound suited to your skin. Use 2.5 percent standard dilution which is ten drops essential oil to 4 tsp carrier oil.

It looks like some others that have posted didnt have good results with jojoba so you could try a different carrier like sweet almond or coconut oil...

I use coconut and I like it. I use it at night as a moisturizer because pure oils make your face shiny. I like the idea above about mixing with aloe...im guessing it wouldnt leave your face shiny.

#10 lara6

lara6

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 April 2010 - 10:09 PM

I mix TTO and jojoba every once and a while and I love it.

I used to use clindamycin and bp also but I don't anymore. My skin is now less dry/sensitive so it handles the TTO just fine.

I don't think it has ever broken me out.

But ya, everyone is different, so just see what is best for you!