Photo

Klaron/Sodium sulfacetamide experiences

sodium sulfacetamide klaron

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 chellelynn85

chellelynn85

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 April 2010 - 06:51 PM

My routine consists of washing my face with Clenia in the morning and washing with Plexion at night. I was using Duac once daily in the evening, but unfortunately my skin is sensitive to BP so I had to stop using it.

Instead of Duac, my dermatologist prescribed Klaron for me. He told me to apply it once in the morning and then once on the evening. I have only been using Klaron for about a week, but I have actually been getting a few more pimples since I started using Klaron.

My question is, do you think it could just be my skin adjusting to the withdrawl from Duac and getting used to Klaron? Also, those of you that have used Klaron, how long did it take for you to see results? Overall, would you recommend it to someone?

Thanks so much for your help!

#2 27inLA

27inLA

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 06 April 2010 - 07:02 PM

I am currently using Clenia (morning and night)
Duac in the morning
Tazorac at night

I was using a 4.5% BP cleanser (with Differin) for 4 months and it was really irritating my skin. I switched to Clenia last week and my skin has had a complete turn around. I think the gritty BP cleanser I was using was doing more harm then good. I also started using Duac (so far no sensitivity).

It's possible any time you change a regimen your skin might have a reaction and breakout. Sorry I can't be of that much help since I'm not using Klaron. If Duac was working and you stopped that could have caused a breakout.

-How long were you using Duac for?
-Did using Duac get you noticeably clearer?
-What reaction did you have that made you think you were sensitive to the BP?

#3 chellelynn85

chellelynn85

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 April 2010 - 07:41 PM

27inLA - Thanks for your response. I am glaf to hear Clenia is working for you as well.

The reaction I experienced from the Duac included extreme skin irritation and redness, skin blotchiness, and a slight rash. My dermatologist told me to test it on the inside of my wrist to see if was cauing my reaction, and I experienced the same symptoms. I have a history of sensitivity to BP because I expereiced extreme irritation when I used a BP face fash as well.

Hopefully you are correct about my skin breaking out due to the change in reigmen. It just bums me out because my skin was just getting really clear....

I still have high hopes for the Klaron due to the reviews I have read on the forum...!

Edited by chellelynn85, 06 April 2010 - 07:45 PM.

#4 27inLA

27inLA

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 06 April 2010 - 07:48 PM

I agree!

When I was prescribed Clenia and was reading up on sulfacetamide sodium topcials I was extremely optimistic. If Clenia was working for you, I'm sure Klaron will give you great results.

I just switched regimens also and am hoping I don't have to deal with some of the initial craziness that can happen to your skin when started something new.

#5 chellelynn85

chellelynn85

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 April 2010 - 07:51 PM

I know I always get anxious about breaking out when I begin a new regimen too! But it sounds like you are on your way to finding your perfect regimen!

Can anyone else share their review or experience of Klaron?

Edited by chellelynn85, 06 April 2010 - 08:08 PM.

#6 Guest_strssedout_*

Guest_strssedout_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 10 April 2010 - 09:30 PM

Hi, I'm 22/F who used Klaron along with Oscion cleanser for 2 years previously, and it worked wonderfully for me. Looking back I think that was the clearest my skin has ever been, so I highly recommend it. Its not drying, and absorbs realllly quickly, and I think with time it will give u results.

#7 chellelynn85

chellelynn85

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 April 2010 - 02:18 PM

QUOTE (strssedout @ Apr 10 2010, 09:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi, I'm 22/F who used Klaron along with Oscion cleanser for 2 years previously, and it worked wonderfully for me. Looking back I think that was the clearest my skin has ever been, so I highly recommend it. Its not drying, and absorbs realllly quickly, and I think with time it will give u results.

Strssedout~

Thank you for your reply and sharing your experience with Klaron. I think you are right in the fact I just need to be patient and give the Klaron more time to work.

Actually in the past few days, I have already seen much improvement in my skin! I think the inital breakout I attributed to the Klaron was actually just a result of stopping the Duac and changing my regimen.

I am loving the Klaron now because it is so gentle. I have not experienced any dryness, redness, or irritation which is great!

I will keep everyone posted on my results with Klaron. Now I am simply waiting for a few small red marks to fade.... yay!

#8 faithinhim

faithinhim

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 April 2010 - 03:17 PM

I was on Klaron back in 2004/2005. My derm had originally prescribed me Duac, but I had an awful reaction to it. My skin definitely looked like I'd had an intense chemical peel. My acne cleared up from Klaron/doxycycline/Differin, and it stayed clear until 2008.

I'm not sure, though, how much of a role the Klaron played in clearing my skin since I was on several different prescriptions.

Stay strong and good luck!