Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:44 PM
Oxy Maximum Face Wash
Dickinson's Witch Hazel
Neutrogena Healthy Skin Face Lotion SPF15
Posted 01 November 2012 - 06:47 PM
Edited by xCharliex, 01 November 2012 - 06:48 PM.
Posted 03 November 2012 - 10:46 PM
That said, no there is no way marijuana could give you acne. The effects on your hormones are minimal. Unless you have acne stemming from lung or respiratory issues, in which case you shouldn't be smoking anything.
Posted 07 November 2012 - 05:51 PM
Posted 07 November 2012 - 06:31 PM
- Arguing about the pros and cons of MJ. This thread is about Acne in relation to MJ.
- Very quick observations of causation and correlation between Acne and MJ
I personally do not believe that Marijuana will improve the skin in the long run.
I've been a long time smoker of more than a decade. I'm no amateur to this, I'm the guy who smoked before brushing his teeth and then smoked again "because the day would be more interesting." Part of this was to escape from having acne. I just turned 30 a few months ago, which prompted my motivation to stop, and proceed with a new diet. I feel incredible right now...
I have a theory behind Marijuana's effects on the human body in relation to acne. To explain it all, I'm going to break this up into a few sections.
Marijuana and Hormones
Unless you're the one growing the plant, you have no idea what goes into it or how flushed the plant is of growth chemicals.
The way your body will interact with these chemicals is a mystery, as everyone's body is different. Fact is, Marijuana will change your body's hormonal balance.
This will cause or clear your acne temporarily, as an imbalance is introduced, but the inverse and final result, is acne.
Marijuana and Skin Clearing Phenomenon
- If you're a newbie to smoking marijuana and experience a clearing of your acne when smoking weed, I can only assume that your stress level has been lowered by acne. The body responds well to stress relief, but this isn't all that's necessary to control acne, obviously. It is merely one thing that will help. Curing acne requires a lifestyle change.
- If you've had clear skin, and you break out after smoking MJ, you should probably stop. This is your body's way of saying it is bad stuff.
- If you've been smoking for a long time and your acne has stabilized, and you break out after quitting, this is your body's way of balancing itself. You're going to have to undo the damage you've done to your body. There's inflammation and likely a host of other problems, including a weak liver.
Marijuana and Carcinogens
Both, MJ and cigs contain the same carcinogens that cause cancer. Before we know it, we'll have a health epidemic if we continue to spread the misinformation that MJ is harmless.
Fact is, most people smoke it out of a tall bong, or rolled up in a blunt. This ravages hell on your lungs, and after a while, your body is doing a great deal to compensate for this.
Marijuana Binge Eating and Lifestyle
The final and ultimate cause, would be that MJ causes the individual to crave things like sugar, which cause acne. This logic needs very little explanation.
While MJ can be beneficial to sleep, it ultimately should not be relied upon to regulate a person's sleep cycle.
MJ can also make you too lazy to wash your face, or get you into a skin picking trance without even knowing it.
Marijuana and Overall Health
If we can look at health as a percentage value, I'd say everyone has the potential to be... close to 100%.
Let's say you're at 80% health. Smoking MJ will NOT make you go up to 85% health. In fact, MJ lowers the body's lung capacity by at least 5% or more, which contributes to less oxygen in your bloodstream.
At the risk of sounding like a raving lunatic, I'm going to have to conclude that MJ contributes to acne by declining your health and does nothing but give you a temporary remission, at best.
If you absolutely must smoke... I have to convince you to first stop, heal your body, and then try it again. If you have a breakout, there you have it. Only you know what will happen and only you can can make that choice.
The key word is MODERATION.
You might break out, but at least it will be mild in comparison to adopting a lifestyle where you are smoking weed, on top of other things.
Edited by jarrit, 07 November 2012 - 06:48 PM.
Dan's regimen cured my acne about 90%
Diet cured the other 10%