Photo

Marijuana

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
64 replies to this topic

#41 biggs881

biggs881

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 March 2011 - 03:12 PM

QUOTE (AcneSlayer @ Mar 28 2011, 07:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (jimmy188 @ Mar 27 2011, 06:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (AcneSlayer @ Mar 27 2011, 11:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Boss01 @ Nov 3 2010, 11:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It will make your fitness worse and if you continue it can mess with your mental health.

There's no scientific evidence supporting that. Please don't make statements as truth when they aren't proven or even haven't really been studied yet.

It won't help anyone.

Thank you. smile.gif

Incorrect.

The impact of cannabis use on mental health has been studied extensively for years,
and cannabis use is now an established risk factor for developing psychotic conditions including schizophrenia.

See here:

http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/15871146

http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/17662880

http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/14754822

Yes, I was already aware of these. However, the people who developed psychosis or schizophrenia were already at risk for developing these disorders.

Please read the studies very carefully.

#42 AcneSlayer

AcneSlayer

Live. Laugh. Love.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 27 March 2011 - 03:22 PM

QUOTE (jimmy188 @ Mar 27 2011, 04:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (AcneSlayer @ Mar 28 2011, 07:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It will make your fitness worse and if you continue it can mess with your mental health.

There's no scientific evidence supporting that. Please don't make statements as truth when they aren't proven or even haven't really been studied yet.

It won't help anyone.

Thank you. smile.gif

Incorrect.

The impact of cannabis use on mental health has been studied extensively for years,
and cannabis use is now an established risk factor for developing psychotic conditions including schizophrenia.

See here:

Yes, I was already aware of these. However, the people who developed psychosis or schizophrenia were already at risk for developing these disorders.

Please read the studies very carefully.

Okay. I surrender.

90% Clear thanks to Ortho Tri-Cyclin Lo!
Current Routine:
-Neutrogena Acne Stress Control Power-Clear Scrub
-Carley's Clear and Smooth Exotic Butter Moisturizer
-Aveeno Positively Radiant Moisturizer with SPF 30
-Clean and Clear Persa Gel Maxiumum Strength (spot treat)
-Tretinoin 0.05% (currently twice weekly at night)
-Queen Helene Mint Julep Mask (once a week)
-Everday Minerals Mineral Makeup
-Ortho Tri-Cyclin Lo

#43 --Val Pal--

--Val Pal--

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 March 2011 - 03:56 PM

mj for acne will probably completely depend on the person and their genes and biology.

mj and its affects on health...yes there are health effects. now...lemme just say first...i am a psych major and have studied effects of drugs on the brain, also i live in the state of CA where most ppl either smoke weed and there are many smoke shops/medicinal mj etc. is there medicinal purposes with mj?yes. the studies of thc on the receptors it affects in the brain show it affects pain signals, which is useful for someone with a disease with chronic pain, such as cancer, etc. it also helps to reverse the action of throwing up. for example, a cancer patient who is going thru chemo will tend to throw up a lot bc of the chemical concoction of drugs they are taking, this is bad for the needed nutrients their body needs. smoking mj will help to keep in the food they eat, and throw up less. the mj is affecting the part of the brain (in the brain stem) that in responsible for reactions such as throwing up.

does mj have bad health effects?yes. many people say its natural...so is tobacco. many moons ago people would smoke tobacco (alone) in a pipe, was it still bad for them? yes. nicotine in tobacco , thc in mj, and other chemicals in natural drugs (there are many other drugs that come from a plant) ..these main chemicals in the plants serve as natural pesticides to kill off bugs. from an evolutionary perspective this is awesome bc the plants found a defense mechanism to thrive and kill off bugs with the chemical. thc is not the only chemical you are smoking when u smoke tho..and smoking ANYTHING is bad for the lungs and brain. even if u were just smoking paper. any inhale of whatever u are smoking cuts off oxygen every time to the brain (for that second it takes u to inhale and exhale). continuing to do this is not goo for the neurons. its also not good for the lungs, and the smoke does affect the lungs. if u smoke all the time and have smokers cough or spit...ur lungs arent doin to well=P also thc affects cannibinoid receptors in the brain, these receptors have been found in abundance in the hippocampus, which is a VERY important part of the brain for forming memories. does mj make u not remember anything?NO. but it does make it harder to retain and learn new info/anf affects ur ability to remember certain things (when ur are smoking a lot). mj also has affects on mood/behavior, etc, thats already known.

some people can smoke mj and be as normal as they always are, and continue to be motivated and everything, great. others...become the typical "stoner". they live to get high. i know people from either category.

my personal take on it..i dont smoke. have i?yes. but i decided not to make that a habit. i also decided to study the brain, and realized how amazing the brain is .....ABSOLUTELY amazing.......without any drugs at all. there are pros and cons about mj. i personally have a sister who is 19 years old...doesnt know a single thing about working hard for ur own money...doesnt find knowledge and learning amazing...has no motivation and her reason for not getting a job is bc she is "going to get drug tested and she isnt gona stop smokin". she lives for smoking weed. she is also at the point of getting kicked out of the house by my mom=P bc she is doing nothing with her life but sitting there smoking weed. from my personal expereince i can not stand people like that.

im not judging anyone tho, whoever wants to smoke...do what u want! also...again...it affects acne for diff people differently. sorry for such a long thing im just real big on how drugs affect the precious brain and i get interested in discussing it haha.

Edited by ~VaLeRie~, 27 March 2011 - 03:56 PM.

old regimen: proactiv, sometimes other cleansers
new regimen: Aveeno ultra calming foam cleanser
-Sometimes I add the AVON light exfoliating beads into the cleanser in my hand to exfoliate
-Witch Hazel as an astringent
-Neutrogena face moisturizer for sensitive skin (at night 2 drops of jojoba oil)

If needed:
-Sometimes I use St. Ives green tea cleaner for acne
-Neutrogena BP 2.5% for spot treatment

Make-up:
L'oreal True Match press powder( any recommendations on natural make up with good coverage??)
Avon smooth minerals concealer (they stopped making this product though, so I am looking for a good concealer, recommendations please!)

diet: 2-3 cups of green tea a day, trying to make food diet better

vitamins: currently looking for a good brand of fish or krill oil

#44 c'est la vigne

c'est la vigne

All aboard the nekobus!!!

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 14
About Me

Posted 27 March 2011 - 07:08 PM

Keep in mind, please, that these threads need to be kept acne-specific in order to be kept open. This site isn't the place to debate the pros and cons of marijuana in general.

QUOTE ("Board Rules")
No posts relating to recreational illicit drug use, whether street drugs or prescription medications, unless specifically related to acne.

This is the second reminder about this that I've posted in this thread. There won't be another.
; )

and i totally would have a crush on you if I had any lesbian tendencies

[sig-img:553]

Click here to find out why I'm so frustrated.

... and watch out for those RBDs.

#45 Gators_Fan

Gators_Fan

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 March 2011 - 09:29 PM

As stated before, I believe the biggest issue with smoking marijuana and acne is the urge to snack hard. It's proven that over eating, especially in one sitting is bad for digestion resulting in acne. Usually when you're high you snack on junk food, and lots of it.

I'm not sure about any hormone/testosterone altering effects of Marijuana that would affect acne, but it's not out of the question. If you do smoke, the best thing to do (and the hardest), is to make sure you don't pig out. Even if you still feel hungry, lay off the food.

#46 masg

masg

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Posted 29 March 2011 - 06:56 AM

When i started smoking cannabis 4-5 months ago, I noticed that my cystic acne stopped within a week or so, I now only get whiteheads, and those go if i stop eating chocolate.

As for marijuana being illegal when cigerettes and alcohol kill hundreds of thousands if not millions of people all over the world it is ofcourse ludicrus.

So many people struggling to find health problems associated with marijuana? I just wanna say STOP, take a look at tobacco and alcohol, it doesn't even matter if marijuana maybe 'bad for you' if you have some pre-existing rare mental conditions , when those other things are proven terrible for health and are still legal.

Marijuana also lowers your testosterone, which is great for me and acne wink.gif

Skin condition is good. scars etc.

#47 dejaclairevoyant

dejaclairevoyant

~clean body, beautiful life~

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 April 2011 - 02:11 PM

I've used marijuana off and on, in some form, for most of my life.
It has pretty much zero effect on my skin.
I do think smoking is bad though, just for your lungs and what not.
I'm buying a vaporizer this week for this reason.

But yeah... marijuana and acne... no effect that I've seen.

Current Skin-Care Regimen (A work in progress):

Morning:

Gentle wash with DKR cleanser

Benzoyl Peroxide 2.5% (Following Dan's Regimen)

DKR Lotion + A squirt of Argan or Grapeseed oil (The  lotion alone wasn't hydrating enough)

Skin 79 Korean BB Cream (excellent stuff)

Evening:

Gentle Wash with DKR Cleanser

DKR Lotion + A squirt of Argan or Grapeseed oil

#48 CelloIsLove

CelloIsLove

Pedo-stache <3

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 9
About Me

Achievements

Posted 16 April 2011 - 10:16 AM

^ But you're coming on this board; I'm assuming you have acne, or have suffered from acne. So how can you claim that it has no effect on your skin?

I'm CelloIsLove.

Here's the problem I see:

People want to heal their acne through diet and lifestyle. Great. But then they get obsessed only with their skin and not how they FEEL. Physically. Emotionally. What is the quality of your life? It's not directly connected to your flesh, I can tell you that. Then obsess over their food. They hear "diet" and think low-fat, juicing, fasting, cleansing, starving. You're young. Do you really think you have liver failure? Do you really think you need more fiber?

Paleo changed my life. It's the only lifestyle that ever helped me-not just with my skin, but with my life. My happiness. My fitness. It says, "Eat good quality meats. Eat lots of veggies. Eat fruit too. Some nuts. Then go outside. Walk around. See the world. Play with friends. Lift heavy things. Get some sun. Then go sleep, wake up and do it again." What that means to me is to live an enjoyable, happy, dynamic life where I can be the best me for the people I love, not anxious, not angry, not depressed.

Be gentle to your skin, your heart, your tummy, and your life.

Get out there and live.

And also eat bacon.

#49 masg

masg

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 April 2011 - 11:08 AM

Hey I drive a car and I have acne, I'm pretty sure that doesn't have an effect on my skin.
Just because he smokes weed it doesn't mean it HAS to effect him simply because he has acne.

#50 dejaclairevoyant

dejaclairevoyant

~clean body, beautiful life~

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 April 2011 - 11:59 AM

QUOTE (CelloIsLove @ Apr 16 2011, 09:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
^ But you're coming on this board; I'm assuming you have acne, or have suffered from acne. So how can you claim that it has no effect on your skin?

Hey there... totally reasonable question. I'm a reallllllly old member of this board. wink.gif My skin is completely clear now through my diet and has been for awhile. I just come back and post on the boards once in awhile to try and help people get to where I am now (clear-and believe me I've been to hell and back trying to find what works)

I still smoke, it's one of my last unhealthy habits that I need to break (along with consuming coffee). I've smoked off and on through the years. When my skin was at it's worst, it actually happened to be during the 1.5 years I was taking a break from marijuana. This was a time my diet was at its worst and I had not yet realized the connection between my bad food and my breakouts. When I went back to smoking after that long break I didn't notice my skin getting any worse. If anything it probably relaxed me a bit which helped somewhat, considering I was VERY depressed about my skin at that time....

There are certainly negative health effects to smoking marijuana, but I haven't seen it effect my skin at all. Haven't seen an effect with coffee either, for that matter... but neither are too good for overall health and well being.

Current Skin-Care Regimen (A work in progress):

Morning:

Gentle wash with DKR cleanser

DKR Lotion + A squirt of Argan or Grapeseed oil (The  lotion alone wasn't hydrating enough)

Skin 79 Korean BB Cream (excellent stuff)

Evening:

Gentle Wash with DKR Cleanser

DKR Lotion + A squirt of Argan or Grapeseed oil

#51 kittycatsaysmeow

kittycatsaysmeow

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 May 2011 - 01:15 AM

I'm going to go ahead and say no, smoking marijuana does not cause acne.

If anything, it helps my skin a lot. I have anxiety/ocd/stress and whenever that happens I'll end up picking at my skin. even at small whiteheads/blackheads that aren't even visible and my face will end up all red and leave scars.

I just started smoking again a few weeks ago and now I never even think about my skin. I don't have the need to pick at it and I never go into bathrooms and check my skin out anymore.

Not to mention my anxiety/ocd/stress is basically gone. I don't do all of the little obsessive things that I did before I started smoking again. And these are obsessive things that I've been doing every day for years. Plus no more insomnia whatsoever, I sleep like a baby now.

It's sad to see that marijuana isn't fully legalized yet. Did you know people who take the sleeping pill ambien or lunesta, have been reported doing things that they didn't remember doing? As in making food, driving a car, shopping. I caught my grandma who takes ambien, eating raw hamburger meat at midnight and she couldn't even remember doing it the next morning. Sounds pretty fucking dangerous, huh? This is a drug doctors will throw at you when you tell them you can't sleep.

While I sat back and solved my problems with a plant...

#52 c'est la vigne

c'est la vigne

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 May 2011 - 06:56 AM

Reminder: Drug-related posts are allowed only if the specifically relate to acne. These threads are not to be used to promote methods of using illegal drugs.

Some posts have been removed. ; )

#53 GreenEyes33

GreenEyes33

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 04 May 2011 - 07:14 AM

In my experience- no. It didnt make any difference. I live in Canada and we see weed differently up here, almost everyone does/has smoked it. It's a great stress relief, and stress does affect acne, and a lot better for you than drinking.

I used to smoke and noticed no difference in my skin whatsoever. I dont smoke anymore, mostly because Im planning on starting a family soon and I want my body to be in as good shape for that as possible. That being said, I probably will have a joint once in a while once I'm doing having kids.

Lots of people smoke it for their whole lives. It's SO much safer than other drugs, alcohol, or cigarettes. If you can vapourize it it's even better (or eat it) because then the smoke doesn't harm your lungs. smile.gif

Edited by GreenEyes33, 04 May 2011 - 07:14 AM.

What's working for me:

Diet:
-Avoiding gluten. Small portions of rice, sweet potatoes, potatoes and quinua for carbs.
-No milk, but I do enjoy small quanities of other full fat dairy
-Lots of fruits, veggies, water, eggs, fish, chicken, turkey, and occasionally red meat
-Green smoothies a few times a week
-Green tea everyday

Supplement:
-1000 IU D3 on non-sunny days. Will up it to 4000 again come fall.
-Zinc, 50 mg twice a week
-Omega 3, 3 times per day

Routine:

Evening- remove makeup with a few drops of jojoba oil, clean with hemp oil soap, moisturize with a bit more jojoba oil.
-Sleeping for a minimum of 8 hours a night, in darkness
-Walking the dog everyday and yoga once a week

Eating as healthy and organically as possible, applying only natural products to body, stressing less, exercising more, getting sunshine, camping, laughing lots.

________________________________________________________________________________

Link to my log, complete with progress photos!: CLICK!

#54 GreenEyes33

GreenEyes33

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 04 May 2011 - 07:16 AM

QUOTE (DejaClaireVoyant @ Apr 16 2011, 01:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (CelloIsLove @ Apr 16 2011, 09:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey there... totally reasonable question. I'm a reallllllly old member of this board. wink.gif My skin is completely clear now through my diet and has been for awhile. I just come back and post on the boards once in awhile to try and help people get to where I am now (clear-and believe me I've been to hell and back trying to find what works)

I still smoke, it's one of my last unhealthy habits that I need to break (along with consuming coffee). I've smoked off and on through the years. When my skin was at it's worst, it actually happened to be during the 1.5 years I was taking a break from marijuana. This was a time my diet was at its worst and I had not yet realized the connection between my bad food and my breakouts. When I went back to smoking after that long break I didn't notice my skin getting any worse. If anything it probably relaxed me a bit which helped somewhat, considering I was VERY depressed about my skin at that time....

There are certainly negative health effects to smoking marijuana, but I haven't seen it effect my skin at all. Haven't seen an effect with coffee either, for that matter... but neither are too good for overall health and well being.

I agree with this. Since I stopped smoking, my skin got worse. I owe it to the fact that it's so good at relieving stress and helps you to relax.

What's working for me:

Diet:
-Avoiding gluten. Small portions of rice, sweet potatoes, potatoes and quinua for carbs.
-Lots of fruits, veggies, water, eggs, fish, chicken, turkey, and occasionally red meat
-Green tea everyday

Supplement:

Routine:

Evening- remove makeup with a few drops of jojoba oil, clean with hemp oil soap, moisturize with a bit more jojoba oil.

Eating as healthy and organically as possible, applying only natural products to body, stressing less, exercising more, getting sunshine, camping, laughing lots.

________________________________________________________________________________

#55 GreenEyes33

GreenEyes33

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 04 May 2011 - 07:30 AM

QUOTE (AcneSlayer @ Mar 27 2011, 04:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It won't help anyone.

Thank you. smile.gif

Incorrect.

See here:

Very true. In addition, often times the use of marijuana falls within the same time frame that many people who are predisposed to do so, develop psychosis- early twenties.

People have to be careful to read where these studies come from, and who pays for them. Nixon actually was a big part in the study that initially said marijuana kills brain cells. What they didn't tell you was that the monkeys used in the experiment were given gas masks and exposed to nothing but the smoke for minutes at a time. If you cut off oxygen to the brain for that long by any means, of course your brain cells will die.

Anyways, I don't think marijuana is completely harmless, but I don't think it's as nearly bad for you as alcohol. Of course, everything in moderation. Anything can become psychologically addictive, even tapping a pencil. But if smoking once in a while helps relax you, then it will decrease stress and have a positive impact on acne. Of course, use your brain and like alcohol, don't drive or do anything crazy while high.
What's working for me:

Diet:
-Green tea everyday

Supplement:

Routine:

#56 jeerseeyshoree

jeerseeyshoree

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 May 2011 - 07:50 PM

"""acne related post"""

i smoke pretty often, i dont think it does much, i think it might actually help, reduces alot of stress, leads to reducing breakouts. im not sure, but i dont see it being noticablly negative on my skin. Marijuana is not a drug that can kill us, make us addicts or harm our bodies dramatically.. if used in moderation. IM NOT CONDONING OR ENCOURAGING the use of this, harmless drug. and your right, alcohol is ALOT worse for you. alcohol is unnatural to our bodies, marijuana does not interact with any brain chemicals to cause any damage, except in VERY rare cases. cops in my area rather kids smoke then drink, they rather not have 100 calls during the weekend for kids that have drank to much, i live in a very small town in nj. alright well hoped i helped
a.m. :
- gentle cleanser
- cerave moisturizer

p.m. :
- gentle cleanser
- st.ives apricot scrub
- every other night, zirh alpha-hydroxy face wash
- differin
- moisturizer
- duac on spots

occasionally:
- mint julep mask
- lime/ lemon juice

medications: - might help get more accurate feedback?
am> 50mg vyvanse (ADD)
:::::: Mid-day- 10mg adderall (ADD)
pm> 50mg zoloft, ( OCD, A Few Anxiety Disorders, Body DD), Cerefolin NAC ( OCD and Dermitillomania), NicAzel (Acne Supplement), Rozerem and Melatonin (Sleep)

#57 c'est la vigne

c'est la vigne

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 May 2011 - 08:24 PM

Another reminder:Please keep the posts in this thread specifically related to acne, or the thread will be closed. Also, for the record, adding a "disclaimer" to your posts does not mean that it's okay to promote drug use. Some posts have been removed.

#58 Boss01

Boss01

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 May 2011 - 07:57 AM

I smoke about 20 per day (ciggeretes) I don't know if they effect my skin or not
I've smoked weed in the past and it didn't make my skin any different
but if you get the munchies and start eating crap then that will effect acne.

I smoked crack once and my skin got really bad a couple of days afterwards
maybe smoking does cause acne in some people but i'd be suprised.

#59 masg

masg

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 May 2011 - 12:47 PM

Only way I could imagine weed being bad for acne is that the SMOKE from a joint could clog to your skin?

I've never seen any bad reaction from actually getting high.

#60 HoustonD

HoustonD

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 October 2012 - 04:21 PM

This thread is probaly dead but I find very interesting. A little background of my life, i started smoking bud around age 13-14yo till 25yo, everyday. I quit this year and have been getting the worst acne of my life hence the thread i made http://www.acne.org/...hen-everw-pics/. Whats weird is that i quit bud sometime around april of this year and since May I have been getting a shit load of pimples(papules, Pustules, csyts). During those years i smoked 13-25yo I would get a pimple(only pustles) 1-3 per month(if any) nothing i would stress about, it would also go away in a couple of days as well. I would eat pretty much anything(fast food, soda, junk food) and it would'nt cause me to break out.

Ever since i quit i pretty much cut out all junk foods and been eating healthy foods, vitamins/minerals, exercising(which i rarely did as a stoner) and it doesn't seem to make a difference on how many acne I get. Now i do think my acne is hormonal due to only having jawline/cheek acne and i dont know what to do. Im a guy btw so maybe thc has been lowering by testosterones during those year and since i quit it un-balanced them? Maybe i need to start taking saw palmetto? Can't really smoke until May 2013 so I can't really experiment, but these scars/hyperpigmentation are piling up.

Just find it odd that after i quit, my acne has been horrible.