Photo

Marijuana

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
64 replies to this topic

#1 IMakeThemKitKatFries!

IMakeThemKitKatFries!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 4
About Me

Posted 04 April 2010 - 05:23 PM

Ok so i know how people always say that smoking makes your skin look ugly but thats with cigarretes. Im not gonna lie, i smoke weed once in a while and its a good way to hang out with friends and just relax. But i really dont know if its actually bad or good for my skin? Does weed affect skin the same way as acigarettes does or does anyone have bad effects on their skin when they smoke, IF you smoke as well? Just want to know what people think about this topic.

#2 miketomass

miketomass

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 April 2010 - 05:48 PM

Well for my research, and for my personal experience with friends. Yes, it can make your acne much worse....it can also accelerate hairloss if you don´t have the best genetics.

Although marijuana is highly popularized these days, be careful...

#3 IMakeThemKitKatFries!

IMakeThemKitKatFries!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 April 2010 - 06:13 PM

QUOTE (miketomass @ Apr 4 2010, 06:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well for my research, and for my personal experience with friends. Yes, it can make your acne much worse....it can also accelerate hairloss if you don´t have the best genetics.

Are you serious? It can accelerate hair loss. I didnt know that. Maybe thats why my brother is going bald LOL.

#4 AcnePwns

AcnePwns

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 06 April 2010 - 12:07 AM

speaking from long personal experience, it does NOT have effect on acne

That's all I'm going to say because talking about drugs will get you banned on this site

#5 dykim90

dykim90

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 April 2010 - 12:10 AM

thats a hard call. i think for me it did because whenever i did, i got oiler and much redder. but i loved it. if you can, smoke weed everday. haha

#6 IMakeThemKitKatFries!

IMakeThemKitKatFries!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 April 2010 - 12:58 PM

QUOTE (Help Wanted @ Apr 4 2010, 07:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (miketomass @ Apr 4 2010, 06:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Are you serious? It can accelerate hair loss. I didnt know that. Maybe thats why my brother is going bald LOL.

Why would you get banned, its relating to acne and A LOT of people smoke weed. The stupid government just says its bad. Alcohol is much worse. Once they really need money they will legalize weed and tax THE HELL out of it. Watch....

#7 c'est la vigne

c'est la vigne

All aboard the nekobus!!!

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 14
About Me

Posted 06 April 2010 - 01:09 PM

Posts promoting illegal drug use, or posts discussing drug use that are not acne-related are not allowed on these boards.

From the board rules:

-No promoting illegal behavior.

-No posts relating to recreational illicit drug use, whether street drugs or prescription medications, unless specifically related to acne.

Posting about drug use as it pertains to acne, however, is allowed.

Hope that clears up any misunderstandings. ; )

#8 IMakeThemKitKatFries!

IMakeThemKitKatFries!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 April 2010 - 09:42 PM

QUOTE (c'est la vigne @ Apr 6 2010, 01:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Posts promoting illegal drug use, or posts discussing drug use that are not acne-related are not allowed on these boards.

From the board rules:

-No promoting illegal behavior.

-No posts relating to recreational illicit drug use, whether street drugs or prescription medications, unless specifically related to acne.

Posting about drug use as it pertains to acne, however, is allowed.

Hope that clears up any misunderstandings. ; )

Thanks for CLEARING that up get it.....what a lame joke

Edited by Help Wanted, 07 April 2010 - 11:06 AM.

#9 Miimii

Miimii

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 April 2010 - 04:44 PM

Well my experience is that smoking will make your acne worse. But it's not really the weed, it's more the cigarettes. You should smoke pure tobacco instead. Cigarettes are full of bad stuff.
When you smoke weed your body uses much energy and you get a shortage of vitamine B. That's why you feel so relaxed and lazy. Vitamine B are very important to have good skin condition.
So this could also be the reason people get acne from smoking weed. Here in Holland it's legal so once in a while I buy some. But it's not good for my skin, I always regret afterwards.
It's certainly better then alcohol which is harddrugs, weed is a soft drugs.

#10 IMakeThemKitKatFries!

IMakeThemKitKatFries!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 April 2010 - 03:00 PM

QUOTE (Miimii @ Apr 7 2010, 05:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well my experience is that smoking will make your acne worse. But it's not really the weed, it's more the cigarettes. You should smoke pure tobacco instead. Cigarettes are full of bad stuff.
When you smoke weed your body uses much energy and you get a shortage of vitamine B. That's why you feel so relaxed and lazy. Vitamine B are very important to have good skin condition.
So this could also be the reason people get acne from smoking weed. Here in Holland it's legal so once in a while I buy some. But it's not good for my skin, I always regret afterwards.
It's certainly better then alcohol which is harddrugs, weed is a soft drugs.

I really think i should start taking vitamins because i really neglect that part of my diet. I really have NO interest in smoking tobacco because i hate it period. Cigarettes are even worse so Im really glad Im not addicted to them. Thanks for the Vitamin B knowledge though, Im going to get some pills in GNC to take care of that

#11 436

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 April 2010 - 03:18 PM

If you are gonna smoke weed do what i do
Use a vaporizer
burning the wed actually releases more toxins into the lungs
when you use a vaporizer you only release 3 chemicals one in which is THC and thats what gets you high

thats just my 2 cents but weed is good in some ways like it helps with stress and stuff
ever sincee i stopped smoking my acne got worse mainly because it was my stress reliever from school & work
so starting 4 20 im gonna take a couple hits a day just to relieve the stress ive been having

#12 ben100604

ben100604

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 April 2010 - 04:44 AM

It never affected my skin in any way, but I was never a heavy smoker of it. My heaviest use was a couple of joints every weekend for about 6 months. If you're smoking joints then there's going to be tobacco in there, so it's not going to be GREAT for your skin or health at any rate.

If you're smoking just once in a while, then I wouldn't worry. Just enjoy.

#13 srotriya

srotriya

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 03 May 2010 - 10:17 AM

Maybe this website will help to clarify things for you.

#14 californiaEstie

californiaEstie

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 09 May 2010 - 10:30 AM

Taking vitamins would be a good idea. Over time supplements can really help your skin. I think marijuana might not make your skin worse in short-time (or not horribly worse) but it will make you look older sooner.

#15 joris

joris

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 May 2010 - 03:00 PM

QUOTE (srotriya @ May 3 2010, 06:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Eh that link is about longs not about skin. This post was not about how healthy smoking mariuana is. Which is btw pretty healthy since you dont smoke a whole pack a day but only a few a year. (most people). With this less it has such a minor effect that i wouldnt think its a good argument. One beer is way more dangorous then smoking 1 sigarette. And i think eating a cake is more dangerous than smoking mariuana. Not that you should if you dont live in the netherlands. Because you shouldnt do illegal things thats stupid.

For the question i think it varies from person to person for what ive red. Some say it highly effects it and others say it doesnt at all.

What the hell do you mean with that!

Edited by joris, 09 May 2010 - 03:02 PM.

#16 hockyrocky28

hockyrocky28

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Posted 09 May 2010 - 03:21 PM

Doesn't sound like you do it that much, but my older brother smoked weed everyday for the longest time and he's going crazy bald dude. He's just turned 21 and there's absolutely no hair loss problems in our family genetics. He has terrible ass skin so maybe that could be the culprit but i'm not sure. I'm almost 100% that it caused his hair problems though. So just try not to overdue that shit and definitly take vitamins because as far as I know it can cause deficiencies which can cause acne. I only read the first post cause I'm lazy as shit so sorry if I repeated anything.

#17 c'est la vigne

c'est la vigne

All aboard the nekobus!!!

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 14
About Me

Posted 11 May 2010 - 05:51 PM

Reminder: No posts relating to recreational illicit drug use, whether street drugs or prescription medications, unless specifically related to acne.

#18 chelseabmc

chelseabmc

welcome to the border may I take your order

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 October 2010 - 02:05 PM

MARIJUANA IS NOT ILLEGAL EVERYWHERE.

"Those interested in medical cannabis will remember that the CB1 receptors, discovered less than 20 years ago, are activated by THC and other cannabinoids in cannabis. This activation provides the psychoactive effects of cannabis and also some of its other health enhancing properties. CB receptors also respond to endocannabinoids produced by own bodies, primarily in our nerve cells. The receptors are part of the endocannabinoid receptor (or regulatory) system, now seen as a major physiological system, with important roles in pain relief, neuroprotection and anti-inflammation, even digestion and vision.

Such CB1 activation by THC from the plant world or anandamide from our own cells, along with other cannabinoids produced by the cannabis plant or our own bodies, can provide profound health benefits. Cannabinoids also work by activating CB2 receptors (primarily found on immune cells). Independent of their actions on receptors, cannabinoids are anti-oxidants, protecting nerve cells and other tissue from oxidation stress."

MORE AT *Moderator edit, URL removed - read the board rules. *

#19 Sunset1

Sunset1

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 16 October 2010 - 11:25 PM

I would say that it depends on the person.
I know people who smoke it who have clear skin and I know people who smoke it who have acne. It's not really a yes or no question.

However, I wouldn't suggest smoking it lol. It can have other unwanted effects on you not to mention it is illegal lol. eusa_naughty.gif

#20 pennygracie

pennygracie

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 November 2010 - 10:53 PM

It makes my breakouts worse