686 replies to this topic

#181 SKguy

SKguy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 May 2010 - 02:39 PM

QUOTE (Stephen1346 @ May 12 2010, 03:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wow I'm glad to see so many replies ..... Mj you say your acne heals pretty quick when you break out , I'm wondering if that has anything to do with the oily version
, I'm on regular and when I've broken out over the last week I noticed the pimples were not as big but haven't really healed Any faster.

I think I'll order the oily version , I'm on day 8 tomorrow And Im starting to think 15 days isn't enough and I hope the gap between then and my next order doesn't make me any worse.

I'd love to know if people think acnescript is any good at preventing breakouts?

Also if they ran out of samples And ran out of stock then so many people must be using it and you have to order online so people know how to use a computer , it'd be great if they could share their experiences with us.

Stephen; In my opinion, I think everyone should be on the oily version. It just makes sense to me. Because you don't have true acne usually without having oily skin. If you blot your face or have extra oil coming up, you should be the oily. Especually if you are not cleansing properly to remove all the extra oil on your skin. So yeah, I'd say try the oily one and see how that goes. If it still doesn't work - return in. They have a guarentee.

Besides, while taking AcneScript, I think EVERYONE should skill cleanse and moisturize. Toners shouldn't be needed. But you should still cleanse atleast once a day, but I'd stick to twice, and then moisturize. Besides, then dry skin shouldn't be such an issue.

I don't think stopping taking it will make your skin WORSE. It's not an antibiotic or anything or you should be fine with that. You skin will probably take a few days to get the last bit of AcneScript out, but after that, you should just return to normal. Like how you were before taking it. I'm thinking that is the case.

All users posting on here have confirmed they still break out while taking AcneScript, just the pimple runs through its cycle much faster (usually pops up and is gone within a day sometimes two). So don't think it's going to stop you from breaking out. That's not what AcneScript does. All it does it help your skin and body to heal faster and fight infection better.

I grew a pimple in my ear now and it made my conch piercing infected. I'm hoping my AcneScript will be in the mail today so I can start taking it. I'm very curious to know what (if anything) it will do for my infected ear piercing. Hmmm.

#182 namrata

namrata

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 May 2010 - 06:23 PM

hey.. i have been using acnescript for about 10 days.. i ordered the oily version. i dont know what to make of it.. i have been getting spots since i started but i guess they are less frequent and alot smaller than the ones i used to get. i cleanse and moisturise my face everyday.. i also use karin herzog's vita a kombi 3. I am not sure if it is the vita a kombi 3 that ishelping with my acne or whether it is anescript but my skin does look better. still have red marks though.. they are adin with time and with the help of vita a kombi.. not sure how much acnescript has helped me with my red marks..
hope this helps!

#183 SKguy

SKguy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 May 2010 - 07:27 PM

AcneScript™ - Zit Bomb!™

So what the heck is this now? I just noticed it on the website today. It's called AcneScript Zit Bomb. As described: "This is the AcneScriptâ„¢ Oily Skin formula - but taken twice a day. Greatest oil reduction." It comes with double the amount of pills (so 120) for less than double the price. My question about this product is is it exactly like taking 4 AcneScript Oily a day, or is it like taking 2 AcneScript Oily a day, with just double the vitamin B5 or whatever? If it's the same formula, wouldn't it just make sense to buy the "Zit-Bomb" version anyway and still just only take 2 a day? Simply for the deal, right? I don't know. It'd be nice to know what the difference is. Like, is it simply a bigger bottle of Oily under a new name or is there an actual change in anything at all?

Also it seems like AcneScript is reading every post on here. Certain questions that keep coming up are being answered on the FAQ page. I'd post, but that's just cluttering this board. Check it out HERE. They answer the post-AcneScript question of breaking out, and when to take and what to take with it, body resistance, and yeah.

Glad to know the company is listening to us and talking back!! biggrin.gif That's amazing customer service!

Oh, and I guess someone DOES order the dry skin. The -adults-. LOL. But yeah, be interesting to know how it effects different ages too!

Edited by SKguy, 12 May 2010 - 07:31 PM.

#184 namrata

namrata

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 May 2010 - 07:51 PM

QUOTE (SKguy @ May 12 2010, 08:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
AcneScriptâ„¢ - Zit Bomb!â„¢

So what the heck is this now? I just noticed it on the website today. It's called AcneScript Zit Bomb. As described: "This is the AcneScript�„� Oily Skin formula - but taken twice a day. Greatest oil reduction." It comes with double the amount of pills (so 120) for less than double the price. My question about this product is is it exactly like taking 4 AcneScript Oily a day, or is it like taking 2 AcneScript Oily a day, with just double the vitamin B5 or whatever? If it's the same formula, wouldn't it just make sense to buy the "Zit-Bomb" version anyway and still just only take 2 a day? Simply for the deal, right? I don't know. It'd be nice to know what the difference is. Like, is it simply a bigger bottle of Oily under a new name or is there an actual change in anything at all?

Also it seems like AcneScript is reading every post on here. Certain questions that keep coming up are being answered on the FAQ page. I'd post, but that's just cluttering this board. Check it out HERE. They answer the post-AcneScript question of breaking out, and when to take and what to take with it, body resistance, and yeah.

Glad to know the company is listening to us and talking back!! biggrin.gif That's amazing customer service!

Oh, and I guess someone DOES order the dry skin. The -adults-. LOL. But yeah, be interesting to know how it effects different ages too!

acnescript is very unclear about exact amounts of each ingredient present in the different versions of acnescript. i am not sure but i think it is not good to have such high amounts of each ingredient. for example, zit bomb users are required to tke twice thedosage as the oily users. I know that high levels of zinc in th body is toxic. The product has not bee ested for long enough.. esp the zit bomb as it has only been introduced recently. I am not sure if i will be buying the zit bomb version just yet..

#185 SamBo

SamBo

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 May 2010 - 07:57 PM

I've been on the product for about a week (not sure when I started). I haven't noticed any change yet. Red marks are still as red and am still breaking out as much as I used to before the pills.

#186 SKguy

SKguy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 May 2010 - 08:43 PM

QUOTE (namrata @ May 12 2010, 08:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (SKguy @ May 12 2010, 08:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
AcneScriptâ„¢ - Zit Bomb!â„¢

So what the heck is this now? I just noticed it on the website today. It's called AcneScript Zit Bomb. As described: "This is the AcneScript�„� Oily Skin formula - but taken twice a day. Greatest oil reduction." It comes with double the amount of pills (so 120) for less than double the price. My question about this product is is it exactly like taking 4 AcneScript Oily a day, or is it like taking 2 AcneScript Oily a day, with just double the vitamin B5 or whatever? If it's the same formula, wouldn't it just make sense to buy the "Zit-Bomb" version anyway and still just only take 2 a day? Simply for the deal, right? I don't know. It'd be nice to know what the difference is. Like, is it simply a bigger bottle of Oily under a new name or is there an actual change in anything at all?

acnescript is very unclear about exact amounts of each ingredient present in the different versions of acnescript. i am not sure but i think it is not good to have such high amounts of each ingredient. for example, zit bomb users are required to tke twice thedosage as the oily users. I know that high levels of zinc in th body is toxic. The product has not bee ested for long enough.. esp the zit bomb as it has only been introduced recently. I am not sure if i will be buying the zit bomb version just yet..

I do believe 4 tablets of the Zit Bomb would only be 40mg of zinc. 20mg, twice a day. That would be fine. Most people on this website who take zinc take 50mg daily, at one time.

Apparently the exact amounts are found on the actual bottle I've been told.

#187 sick of cystic acne

sick of cystic acne

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 May 2010 - 12:10 PM

Those supplements aren't entirely for my skin (I'd still take fish oil and a multi everyday even if I had clear skin - but all the other stuff is definitely for my skin - and to be honest, I didn't even name everything... I also take other things on occasion (like a few times per week) such as lipoic acid, magnesium, selenium, etc. etc. etc.

I really do think you should start taking alot less supplements. Why don't you just break it down to your multi and the fish oil? Try that for a while. Your acne may be getting worse from an allergy or abundance of something you are supplementing. Just try it, that's all I ask.

Alright, I think you may have a point. I do take a crapload of supplements. And I need to know if acnescript is working or not ... so I'm going to cut back (for as long as I can at least!)... I am going to stick with a multi, vitamin d, and fish oil.... and of course acnescript.

Not sure how long I'll last on it... but I'll try... it's especially silly for me to add in niacin at the same time of acnescript - If something did work, I wouldn't even know which one it was. If acnescript isn't a success THEN I'll try niacin. Here goes nothing I guess!

#188 SKguy

SKguy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 May 2010 - 02:26 PM

Alright, I think you may have a point. I do take a crapload of supplements. And I need to know if acnescript is working or not ... so I'm going to cut back (for as long as I can at least!)... I am going to stick with a multi, vitamin d, and fish oil.... and of course acnescript.

Not sure how long I'll last on it... but I'll try... it's especially silly for me to add in niacin at the same time of acnescript - If something did work, I wouldn't even know which one it was. If acnescript isn't a success THEN I'll try niacin. Here goes nothing I guess!

That sounds all-in-all like a good plan. I'm glad you're going to be cutting back now. Like I said, your acne might have gutten worse, etc due to a combo or supplements you are taking or possibly a reaction to any supplement you are taking. But yeah, you really don't got anything to loose by cutting some stuff out for a few weeks. Besides, if you find you start breaking out more after stopping them, bring one back in and see if it does the trick, if not, try a different one.

#189 Del!

Del!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 14 May 2010 - 02:21 AM

would say stop taking the fish oil, and take your Acnescript with a lighter meal. Don't take it at the same time as your multi-vitamin. (take your vitamin with breakfast and AcneScript with lunch)

Give it a try! Let us all know how it goes.
[/quote]

I'm curious as to why u say to stop the fishoil? I take fish oil and have just received my acnescript order so was wondering why you say this?

#190 nobody.

nobody.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 May 2010 - 02:41 AM

Right, my acnescript ran out yesterday so this will be the first day i havent taken it. Ill keep you updated on how my acne goes or comes.

Theres so many variables to take into account its rediculous! As we are some of the first consumers to try this, its good that we are testing it out and sharing what we are doing.

As of today this is the best my acne has ever looked over the past 6 years ive had it!

#191 sick of cystic acne

sick of cystic acne

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 May 2010 - 09:38 AM

Well it was hard, but I only took a few supplements yesterday (multi,fish oil, Vit D, and acnescript)... I am not impressed with acnescript so far (but I do wonder if my skin would be way worse without it right now??... I wish there was a way to know that)...

I HAVE to stop eating so dang much... I don't want anything to keep me from knowing if acnescript is doing a good job or not. I have to eat normal portions so I can tell if it's acnescript that is making the difference or not.

I really really really hope this works... I have (I think) about 7 or 8 days worth of pills left. Hopefully that's enough time for it to start making a difference.

Has anyone researched the ingredients in this stuff (I know about the B vitamins, tumeric, zinc, etc... but what about the burdock?? and the beta glucans and stuff?? Think it's safe to be taking that stuff long term? Will it overload the liver?)

Does anyone else have any more updates on their progress??? I hope it's working for you guys!

#192 namrata

namrata

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 May 2010 - 09:44 AM

i think acnescript (oily version) has helped reduce my skin's oil production slightly!

#193 SKguy

SKguy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 May 2010 - 02:06 PM

I'm curious as to why u say to stop the fishoil? I take fish oil and have just received my acnescript order so was wondering why you say this?

It's just because really, at this point, what we all want to know is AcneScript. We all know everything about taking fish oil for acne, now we wanna know about AcneScript. So I recommended that user to stop taking it. I also think they were taking it at the same time as AcneScript, which no one should do.

It's really up to you - if you want, keep taking the fish oil. But atleast don't take it with AcneScript.

#194 SKguy

SKguy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 May 2010 - 02:11 PM

QUOTE (MJ.23 @ May 14 2010, 03:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Right, my acnescript ran out yesterday so this will be the first day i havent taken it. Ill keep you updated on how my acne goes or comes.

Theres so many variables to take into account its rediculous! As we are some of the first consumers to try this, its good that we are testing it out and sharing what we are doing.

As of today this is the best my acne has ever looked over the past 6 years ive had it!

MJ, what I really really want to know is what regimen you used externally for your acne, and what you are going to use now. Also what other supplements (if any) did you take while on AcneScript? And what will you be taking now? And just so you know ;; as it takes a few days to notice results of AcneScript, it will also take a few days to 'stop' noticing the results when you stop taking it (as your body still has a little reserved)

#195 SKguy

SKguy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 May 2010 - 02:16 PM

QUOTE (sick of cystic acne @ May 14 2010, 10:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well it was hard, but I only took a few supplements yesterday (multi,fish oil, Vit D, and acnescript)... I am not impressed with acnescript so far (but I do wonder if my skin would be way worse without it right now??... I wish there was a way to know that)...

I HAVE to stop eating so dang much... I don't want anything to keep me from knowing if acnescript is doing a good job or not. I have to eat normal portions so I can tell if it's acnescript that is making the difference or not.

I really really really hope this works... I have (I think) about 7 or 8 days worth of pills left. Hopefully that's enough time for it to start making a difference.

Has anyone researched the ingredients in this stuff (I know about the B vitamins, tumeric, zinc, etc... but what about the burdock?? and the beta glucans and stuff?? Think it's safe to be taking that stuff long term? Will it overload the liver?)

Does anyone else have any more updates on their progress??? I hope it's working for you guys!

Here's a tip. Take all your supplements except the multi, and possibly the fish oil, and lock up the rest. Give them all to a trusty friend or parent or something so that you don't take them. Some supplements can in fact counter-act with others. Or you may be taking too high amounts that could be causing more problems. You need to just stop all together for about 2 weeks and see what happens.

As for the ingredients: Burdock is well-known herb for liver and blood cleansing. It is a very strong and potent cleanser and will work wonders on the liver. I think that isn't one of the herbs you get a tolerance to, BUT it is strongly recommended that you take it with a liver-builder (like dandelion) to help boost the effects. I'm sure there is TONS of information on burdock even just on this website, research it up if you're interested in it. It will not over-load the liver, because it cleanses it.

#196 Misery-Agony-Pain-HATE

Misery-Agony-Pain-HATE

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 May 2010 - 03:32 PM

QUOTE (MJ.23 @ May 14 2010, 03:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

your not going to order a bottle of it?

#197 pinkbobbie

pinkbobbie

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 May 2010 - 11:31 PM

Hey - I've read some long posts in the supplement section about acnescript but everyone there has cysts & really bad acne. Anyone use it on mild-moderate acne? Is it only for really bad acne or will it be ok for mild acne??

#198 pinkbobbie

pinkbobbie

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 May 2010 - 11:36 PM

Hey - glad that this seems to be working well for most of you. From what I can see most of you have really bad acne. Has anyone taken it with mild moderate acne? I'm just worried it would overwhelm me. Does it cause your skin to get red hopefully not??

#199 swdison

swdison

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 May 2010 - 11:51 PM

QUOTE (pinkbobbie @ May 14 2010, 11:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey - I've read some long posts in the supplement section about acnescript but everyone there has cysts & really bad acne. Anyone use it on mild-moderate acne? Is it only for really bad acne or will it be ok for mild acne??

Well, I use it for my mild to moderate acne. It seems to be helping. Papules seem to come to a head faster. And the pill itself is just good for you in general. Can't really go wrong with it. Also, I'm taking the normal version (as opposed to the dry and oily versions).

#200 nancyg

nancyg

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 May 2010 - 12:50 AM

Let me start by saying I'm so sorry to hear about your father. Not an easy situation. Now, for your acne. I can tell you that my boyfriend and I have both had phenomenal results with acnescript (google it). We both have - rather had - cystic acne. His was worse & more on the back, mine more in the face. Both of us have more or less become acne free. Not entirely. We still get them but they disappear quick and and the redness just disappears. Having said that it has a lot of turmeric in it and your already on that so ??? I know they use organic stuff and pepper which helps the other stuff - well, go to the website & you'll see what I'm talking about. I'm so sorry for your situation. I don't know if this will work for you but I know it worked for two of us so...worth a try. GLuck. smile.gif PS Get the heck off of that elsalvadoran penacilin. That can't be good for you.