Photo

Protein Powders = acne ?

vitamin e vitamin k biotin riboflavin niacin calcium magnesium chromium zinc selenium

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
12 replies to this topic

#1 avalon94536

avalon94536

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 March 2010 - 07:20 PM

the protein powders like ON whey, syntha 6, myofusion, true mass, etc all have the artificial sweetner acesulfame. which is the only ingredient I can see that would cause acne. And does protein powder that has Iodine cause acne? I have tried all of them and for some reason they all make me breakout a little bit, nothing too bad but i am just wondering!

5.75 Lbs. Chocolate Milk Shake
Supplement Facts
Serving Size3Scoops(145g) ā€ ā€ 
Servings Per Container18

Amount Per Serving % DVā€ 

Calories 630
Calories From Fat 140
Total Fat 16g 25%
Saturated Fat 5g 25%
Cholesterol 110mg 37%
Total Carbohydrates 76g 25%
Dietary Fiber 5g 20%
Sugars 14g **
Protein 46g 92%

Vitamin A 5000IU 100%
Vitamin C 60mg 100%
Vitamin D 400IU 100%
Vitamin E 30IU 100%
Vitamin K 80mcg 100%
Thiamin 1.5mg 100%
Riboflavin 1.7mg 100%
Niacin 20mg 100%
Vitamin B6 2mg 100%
Folic Acid 400mcg 100%
Vitamin B12 6mcg 100%
Biotin 300mcg 100%
Pantothenic Acid 10mg 100%
Calcium 250mg 25%
Iron 18mg 100%
Phosphorus 180mg 18%
Iodine 150mcg 100%
Magnesium 400mg 100%
Zinc 15mg 100%
Selenium 70mcg 100%
Copper 2mg 100%
Manganese 2mg 100%
Chromium 120mcg 100%
Sodium 260mg 11%
Potassium 410mg 12%

* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
** Daily Value not established

Other Ingredients
A Sustained Release Ultra-Premium Protein & Amino Acid Matrix Comprised Of (Ultrafiltered Whey Protein Concentrate [Milk], (Which Contains Alpha-Lactalbumin), Microfiltered Whey Protein Isolate [Milk], (Which Contains Whey Isolate Peptide Fractions), Calcium Caseinate [Milk], Micellar Alpha And Beta Caseins And Caseinates [Milk], Milk Protein Isolate [Milk], Hydrolyzed Whey Protein [Milk], Egg Whites [Egg], Glutamine Peptides, Glutamine AKG, L-Leucine, L-Isoleucine, L-Valine), Maltodextrin, Dutch Processed Cocoa Powder, Richmix Sunflower Powder Consisting Of (Sunflower Oil, Corn Syrup Solids, Sodium Caseinate [Milk], Mono-Glycerides, Di-Glycerides, Di-Potassium Phosphate), LitesseĀ® II Polydextrose, Natural And Artificial Flavors, Nutrisperse MCT Powder Consisting Of (Medium Chain Triglycerides, Nonfat Dry Milk, Di-Sodium Phosphate, Silicon Dioxide), Vitamin & Mineral Blend Consisting Of (Magnesium Phosphate, Ascorbic Acid, Vitamin E Acetate, Biotin, Chromium Chelate, Niacinamide, Iron, Vitamin A Palmitate, Selenium Chelate, Calcium Pantothenate, Zinc Oxide, Vitamin K1, Copper Gluconate, Vitamin D3, Manganese Sulfate, Pyridoxine HCL, Thiamin Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Vitamin B12, Folic Acid, Potassium Iodide), Qualicel Cellulose Gum, TicaloseĀ® Cellulose Gum, Xanthan Gum, Guar Gum, Gum Acacia, Acesulfame Potassium, Sucralose (SplendaĀ®), Lecithin [Soy], AminogenĀ®, Papain

#2 vapor-trail

vapor-trail

when it's time to party we will party hard

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 15
About Me

Posted 30 March 2010 - 06:01 AM

You might have a dairy sensitivity. However, there are a lot of protein powders on the market that are based on egg, soy, or hemp protein, so if you don't mind paying more, you can find those online or in health food stores.

Edited by vapor-trail, 30 March 2010 - 06:02 AM.

#3 Ghostunit

Ghostunit

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 March 2010 - 06:38 AM

Have tried jayrobb??? sideways.gif does not break me out

Best way to make your skin smooth and clear eventually:

Plant-based diet is the best medicine for everything.. That's if you consume at least 80% raw, mainly from veggies and fruits.
Exercising: cardio is great for skin and lifting a bit.
Thinking positive and try not to stress or think about acne.

I am doing these and my skin is currently very smooth and clearing up!
I am a vegan raw 100%. I feel better, have more energy, saving animals a year, glow skin, I look younger, etc.

#4 Pimpstick

Pimpstick

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 March 2010 - 06:44 AM

Dunno which one of those that the nutrition label for, but that looks like a weight gainer / MRP and not a pure protein powder. There's a big difference there. Just from skimming the ingredients it has a lot of milk and I think I saw corn syrup in there, both of which some people think are triggers. Whey protein has never made me break out. Are you taking this because you recently started working out? I ask this because maybe you aren't showering soon enough after working out. That'll make my skin break out badly.

Jayrobb protein is 140 dollars for 5 pounds. I'm not going to tell you not to buy it, but I'm baffled that anyone would spend that much money on protein when you can get 22 pounds for that much money.

Edited by Pimpstick, 30 March 2010 - 08:15 AM.

#5 avalon94536

avalon94536

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 March 2010 - 11:34 AM

The Ingredients are from True Mass

Does the Iodine cause it?

Edited by avalon94536, 30 March 2010 - 11:36 AM.

#6 enjoy

enjoy

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 March 2010 - 07:05 PM

the stuff listed also has sucralose in there too, which I always thought was one of the more widely known ones apart from aspartame

ON does make a few natural version whey powders though, or at least they did, which only had like 3 ingredients but was unsweetened

edit: oh and i can't say i've ever personally experienced a relation between whey and my acne, but i dont take it religiously like for bodybuilding or anything, I mainly use it in shakes once a day with some PB,oats,banana etc. but not everyday as a quick sub for a meal when there's no time for breakfast

Edited by enjoy, 30 March 2010 - 07:10 PM.

#7 mbbento

mbbento

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 March 2010 - 09:51 PM

Personally, I have never found whey to affect my acne. I have taken on and off for most of my life, and currently consume about 100 grams of it per day.

#8 nobody.

nobody.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 April 2010 - 08:30 AM

If you go to a body building forum they will laugh at you for suggesting it lol.

Its ironic that body building forums know how to clear acne better than this site...

I personally dont think they do at all. When you work out; now that can cause acne!

#9 Ariventa

Ariventa

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 April 2010 - 03:39 PM

Whey can cause problems if you are sensitive. That's a no-brainer.

Anyways, whey sucks. Why waste your money? It digests so fast that it is almost useless except for post workout, and even then, you can just eat food. If you use whey as a meal replacement you are wasting your money if you do not heavily buffer it.

If you are worried about it, go to trueprotein.com since they custom make everything. Just get unflavored protein as there will absolutely nothing in there except the protein. You can get beef, egg, rice, gemma pea, casein, whey and just get it plain.

#10 Pimpstick

Pimpstick

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 April 2010 - 03:48 PM

QUOTE (Ariventa @ Apr 2 2010, 04:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Whey can cause problems if you are sensitive. That's a no-brainer.

Anyways, whey sucks. Why waste your money? It digests so fast that it is almost useless except for post workout, and even then, you can just eat food. If you use whey as a meal replacement you are wasting your money if you do not heavily buffer it.

If you are worried about it, go to trueprotein.com since they custom make everything. Just get unflavored protein as there will absolutely nothing in there except the protein. You can get beef, egg, rice, gemma pea, casein, whey and just get it plain.

The bro-science is strong in this post. Whey doesn't digest that fast. Also nobody uses straight whey powder as a meal replacement. You'd have to consume a ton of whey to equal the calories in a meal.

#11 Ariventa

Ariventa

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 April 2010 - 05:27 PM

compared to food, it is one of the fastest digesting proteins there is.

Take a look at BB.com and you'll see tons of people taking in tons of whey when they should be eating food.

#12 avalon94536

avalon94536

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 April 2010 - 05:55 PM

i think the glutamine in ON WHEY causes it also. and i had no acne when i took x-tren and other pro- hormones

#13 Pimpstick

Pimpstick

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 April 2010 - 07:42 AM

QUOTE (Ariventa @ Apr 3 2010, 06:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
compared to food, it is one of the fastest digesting proteins there is.

Take a look at BB.com and you'll see tons of people taking in tons of whey when they should be eating food.

Not arguing with that. BB.com is full of fail. However, unless you're training for a competition, your protein source is going to have little impact on your overall progress provided you consume an adequate amount of protein in the day. Saying it's "useless except for PWO" is not correct.