Photo

Dermaroller

vitamin a needling

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
257 replies to this topic

#41 FrankY

FrankY

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 25
About Me

Posted 01 June 2003 - 04:32 AM

I can get some retin-a gel.05 for free if you are hard up for cash (I've got some spare lurking around) - send me a PM with your address if that's the case.

Maya - u never seize to amaze me :-

#42 -Jay-

-Jay-

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 10
About Me

Posted 01 June 2003 - 05:41 AM

[removed]

#43 Maya

Maya

• New Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 June 2003 - 05:43 AM

bluerain - http://www.lipoxidil.com/derma.htm I bought it from this site
by the way, the retin-a is in the post to you.

FrankY - I've sent you a PM

#44 mynameis

mynameis

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 June 2003 - 08:01 AM

Anyone--

What is the best cream to use after doing the dermaroller>?

Is it okay to use this approx. 8 months after accutane?? It seems safe enough.....

Thanks! :-

#45 bluerain

bluerain

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 June 2003 - 09:55 AM

bluerain - http://www.lipoxidil.com/derma.htm I bought it from this site
by the way, the retin-a is in the post to you.

FrankY - I've sent you a PM

Maya you are really angel, i believe that.

#46 mynameis

mynameis

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 June 2003 - 12:06 PM

In addition to my last question:

Do you think it would be okay to use this roller then apply a lactic peel?

Thanks!

#47 Maya

Maya

• New Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 June 2003 - 03:05 PM

mynameis - my gut feeling is that you should not use the dermaroller for 1 year after accutane - but the lactic peels should be OK.

#48 Maria

Maria

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 June 2003 - 03:40 PM

I've already posted this URL here before but something happened and the post disappeared. Anyway, since it's pretty interesting I'm posting it again:

http://www.vivida-sa.co.za/about/

compare that to this:

http://www.dermaroll...ngl/history.htm

hmm.. :-k

I think it's an interesting device anyway and thinking of buying one...any updates?

#49 mynameis

mynameis

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 June 2003 - 03:47 AM

I would also like to know if anyone is using this method, and with what creams?

Thanks

#50 jackthebear

jackthebear

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 June 2003 - 04:38 AM

I wanted to add to the new users of Retin-a (bluerain) to go easy with the retin-a when you start. I used retin-a for awhile and it irritated me to no end. Actually, it was the retin-a micro .1 that this happened with. i never had a problem with the .025 cream. In any case, my face got irritated and dry and I had an increased frequency of breakouts, which I incorrectly assumed was a good thing, because on the website, it said that you might get breakouts at first as the skin is expunging some of the bad stuff in your skin, and that this was 'normal' for the first few weeks. Anyway, it went on for about two months, but I kept at it thinking it was a good thing. It wasn't though, and I got cystic acne from it that I'd never really had before, or at least not that degree, and it made my face worse and caused scars and stuff.

I'm not trying to discourage you from using it, but just suggesting you keep an eye on it and not to overdo it. Maybe you'll want to try using it once every other day until your skin gets used to it. And if you notice irritation for more than a few weeks, then it might be best to discontinue use, or to at least keep more rest days in between use.

#51 user

user

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 June 2003 - 06:33 AM

retin-a gel (isotrex) just gave me really bad acne for months, it was mean to cure me of acne, well its nearly a year on now and that hasn't happened.

#52 Maya

Maya

• New Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 June 2003 - 09:03 AM

about retin-a - everyone seems to have a different response to it. It's better to use it a couple of times a week than every day in my expereince becasue it can be very irritating. I', only using the .025% but I have sent bluerain the .05% which will be useful after needling.

By the way, I emailed the inventor of the various dermarollers - I wanted to knopw the price of the better dermaroller (MF-8 version)

This was his response:

Dear Maya,

sorry for the delayed answer. The price for MF-8 is 4,300 Euro incl. postage & TVA. But before you order, just wait a couple of days. We are in the process in revising our Website for more and detailed information on the various therapy forms with the diffent dermarollers. Hopefully Friday it should be in the Web. There you also will find a hint (se scar treatment) where to buy the right cream for scars. A new formulation with 2% centella. By a MDs request the pharmacist (located in Fürth/Germany) can add 0,1% cortisone.

I hope I could have been somehow helpful in your matter.

Kind regards
Horst Lieb

#53 Maya

Maya

• New Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 June 2003 - 09:06 AM

How much is 4,300 Euros?????????? in sterling?

His email is top.rol@wanadoo.fr just in case anyone wants more info.

#54 max5558

max5558

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 June 2003 - 09:42 AM

Hi Maya,

4300 euros is about 3085 british pounds. So thats about $5000.

=; .......I can't let you do it!!!

#55 mynameis

mynameis

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 June 2003 - 10:17 AM

That alot of money. However if I KNEW it worked on scars and made my skin alot better it WOULD be worth it. I'd pay that for better skin.

Why is one roller like £37 and this one is like £3500?

Cheap one must be poor quality

#56 Denise2

Denise2

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 June 2003 - 11:37 AM

For those of you who cannot tolerate Retin A or retinoids, you can always get the AcneMiracle vitamin C topical gel. It's the same thing that costs about 6 times as much in the stores and boutiques.

That might be worth looking at, or just the copper peptides. Me...I don't have any problems with Retin A. I have very, very tough skin.

Just be sure to not apply them at the same time.

But since the copper peptides have been shown to improve collagen production better than topical a or c, then I personally think that that would be a better bet.

#57 workinit

workinit

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 June 2003 - 05:47 PM

I was looking on the skinbio site and saw Super Cop and Super CP Serum. Anyone have any suggestions on which one of these produces better results for scars? I've been doing the vinegar method for 2 weeks now along with Neutrogena's Visibly Firm Night cream. Apparently the skinbio stuff is stronger, so I wanted to try it out. Also thinking about adding this dermaroller into the mix :)

#58 will205

will205

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 June 2003 - 08:13 AM

Posters at Delphi forums say super cop is better because it is stronger. However Dr Pickart says don't use it on your face during the day because it will stain your face blue. If you use it at night you will have to wash it off in the morning.

#59 Maria

Maria

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 June 2003 - 08:25 AM

Denise2,
About keeping the roller germ free (read your post in the vinegar thread), this is what they say in the FAQ:

"The needles will become blunt after several months of use. We recommend to use a new roller after 3-4 months. To keep the roller germ free we recommend to keep the head in isopropyl alcohol all the time. The roller comes with a special box which can be used for that. Just fill in enough alcohol to cover the head. Shortly before use just rinse the head with water. The roller can and should be washed in a regular dishwasher every 7 days. The high water temperature and the detergents are ideal to clean the roller head. Maintaining a clean head is especially important if you use the roller for creamy substances like MGF, Spirolotion or simular..."

http://www.lipoxidil...aroller_faq.htm

btw, have you seen any improvements so far?

#60 Maya

Maya

• New Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 June 2003 - 01:06 PM

It's been around a week of me using the dermaroller - it is definately making the retin-a penetrate more deeply - I only use the .025% which would not normally peel me, but it is now peeling me!! - so I am only going to use the retin-a twice a week now.

I haven't strilised, but will try and get some of that alcohol soon so I can do so.