Photo

Dermaroller

vitamin a needling

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
257 replies to this topic

#241 Majc

Majc

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 December 2010 - 06:03 AM

QUOTE (tj101 @ Dec 21 2010, 11:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Majc @ Dec 21 2010, 02:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (krazyQ @ Sep 26 2010, 11:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've been reading this form a lot and have a question
I do not have acne, i hope none of you take offense to this
but my doctor prescribed me a steroid cream for my penis since it kept ripping , now the problem is that this caused the skin to become thin.

Does this derma roller heal the thin skin and bring my thick skin back? will it help even a little?
I've been suffering for 2 years now and its really depressing.

Any advice would be helpful, thanks

I've read it does thicken the skin, not sure though. I don't have the same problem.

I would use one with short needles like 0,5mm. And be really very gentle. Maybe use it only every other day, or once every three days. And definitely moisturize with something oily or a great cream afterwards. And also moisturize every day, like twice a day.

I have a scar on my wrist and I used 1,5mm, and I wasn't very gentle, not too rough. But I have really skinny wrists (and arms), thin skin, bony. And after a month or so, I noticed really tiny cracks, like little wrinkles, where I used it. It's getting better with time and moisturizing.

Was that question even real? What exactly did he mean by "it kept ripping"?

Anyway, using a dermaroller on your johnson is bad advice. It's very sensitive down there. If you get a tiny cut it hurts like a paper cut. If you use a roller you'll have tons of these little cuts that sting bad, even if using the smallest needle length, plus you won't see any improvements.

Oh, I thought he used some drugs cause of a problem with his johnson, and the drugs made the skin on his face thin. confused.gif Maybe not. redface.gif

#242 navpurash

navpurash

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 17
About Me

Posted 23 December 2010 - 02:04 AM

QUOTE (bug @ Feb 18 2008, 12:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (HostileTakeover @ Feb 14 2008, 05:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So this dermaroller business looks all right and affordable enough. Needles are scary but .75mm is an acceptable starting point. The question is still where the hell to get one of these things? I thought Google searches would turn up numerous ones, but all the links are busted or are for reviews. Amazon doesn't have much selection, Ebay is a mess as usual...I'm not sure what to do. I bought some CP recently but I figure if it works better with rolling I might as well start rolling away.

*What is a reasonable length and price to be on the lookout for?

hey bro, you can use the .75mm one daily (but if you go too hard, you'll end up w/ lines all over your face and look like hellraiser). some people say it hurts, but really, it doesn't. it just kinda stings if you go along the forehead and jawline. nothing excruciating though.
ANYWAY...i got mine on ebay. it's an aussie company. it's about $160.oo US. AND, they say you can use it (daily) for up to a year. which makes that price just seem yummy.
go to ebay and do a search for "skin roller". the one you want, is probably described as a "skin and scalp roller". read through the description, and it'll say .75mm somewhere (they have shorter needlez, but those probably won't help one bit). ALSO, look for the one with 96 needlez. cuz they sell ones w/ only half the needlez (48). which would suck, since you'd only cover half the surface that a 96er would do

HELLO , I HAVE ACNE SCARS WHICH IS 4YRS OLD MY DR. SAID DERMAROLLER IS BEST FOR UR SCARS. IS IT HELPFUL? WHAT R ITS SIDEFFECTS,PLZ REPLY

#243 jarchi

jarchi

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 January 2011 - 09:41 PM

Can dermaroller be used if you still have some active acne? Or it is better to use after you have stopped having breakouts?

#244 Outu

Outu

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 January 2011 - 01:33 AM

No, don't needle active acne, it's gonna make it worse.

#245 Miffy18

Miffy18

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 01 February 2011 - 06:02 PM

i heard retin-a is bad to use when needling since it just keeps peeling layers off skin

#246 bambeano

bambeano

-

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 02 February 2011 - 01:47 AM

QUOTE (eddy_if @ Aug 15 2010, 07:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi,

I found this before-after dermaroller picture from my dermatologist. I think it's a good thing to people see how can dermaroller treat scar.

My dermatologist is dr Gunawan Budi Santoso Spkk, in Indonesia. Iam from Indonesia too. I go to him when I try to treat my acne scar. It's about 3 years ago when dermaroller was not popular in Indonesia. He recommended me with dermabrasion. I did it with very nice improvement.
And thinking to get dermaroller with him.

I remember when he see my scar, he uses lighting effect like above before after picture, to see how severe the scar, because from lighting effect we can see the dept and the shadow of the scar.

I wonder what his scars look like now...it could just be swelling as I get the same results but after a while the skin reverts back indentation and all. The lighting in the before picture is much different from the after.
Posted Image

Edited by bameano, 02 February 2011 - 01:58 AM.

#247 zuventus

zuventus

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 02 February 2011 - 05:24 AM

QUOTE (siobhanx22 @ Sep 28 2010, 08:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Guys, I will save you all a lot of time and money in saying this; dermarolling doesn't work.

yaa dude ur right it gives only 10-20% improvment

#248 FeelsGood

FeelsGood

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 February 2011 - 05:45 AM

QUOTE (zuventus @ Feb 2 2011, 06:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (siobhanx22 @ Sep 28 2010, 08:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Guys, I will save you all a lot of time and money in saying this; dermarolling doesn't work.

yaa dude ur right it gives only 10-20% improvment

it doesn't work but you've had 10-20% improvement and based on your post, you've only done it twice.

#249 bijoux88

bijoux88

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 February 2011 - 03:31 AM

Hi all,

I've been following the needling threads with optimism for some time now, but I was just looking at the Scientia derma roller site just now and noticed something very disheartening. Their "Before and After" photos, which at first appear to be really promising, have been clearly altered with airbrushing or something like that. If you look at the photo, for example, of a young Asian girl under the heading "Acne scar removal" she appears to have very prounounced scarring in the left photo, and perfectly smooth skin in the right photo. However, if you take a closer look, it's the same photo. Her strands of hair are even in the exact same place (though the whole photo has been lightened slightly). If the product genuinely worked, presumably they would have hundreds of before and after photos to choose from. Instead, they've posted a fake photo -- that says to me there aren't any good real before and afters. It also indicates the company is not above fraudulent advertising.

I'll try to attach the photo here (though I'm not sure I know how to do that) in case Scientia takes it down after people start realizing its fake.

So disappointing.

-B

Attached Thumbnails

• acne_scars_before_after.gif

#250 bambeano

bambeano

-

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 09 February 2011 - 01:44 PM

an abundant of fake photo results either due to lighting, makeup, and photo-editing. in my opinion, after dermal rolling for over a year, it is a waste of time and the results is mostly due to swelling, if there is any results, it's very minimal which is why dermal rollers are often used in combination with topical agents because they aren't effective alone.

#251 Outu

Outu

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 February 2011 - 01:30 AM

QUOTE (bijoux88 @ Feb 9 2011, 03:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi all,

I've been following the needling threads with optimism for some time now, but I was just looking at the Scientia derma roller site just now and noticed something very disheartening. Their "Before and After" photos, which at first appear to be really promising, have been clearly altered with airbrushing or something like that. If you look at the photo, for example, of a young Asian girl under the heading "Acne scar removal" she appears to have very prounounced scarring in the left photo, and perfectly smooth skin in the right photo. However, if you take a closer look, it's the same photo. Her strands of hair are even in the exact same place (though the whole photo has been lightened slightly). If the product genuinely worked, presumably they would have hundreds of before and after photos to choose from. Instead, they've posted a fake photo -- that says to me there aren't any good real before and afters. It also indicates the company is not above fraudulent advertising.

I'll try to attach the photo here (though I'm not sure I know how to do that) in case Scientia takes it down after people start realizing its fake.

So disappointing.

-B

You can find some honest supplier elsewhere.
I've posted about those idiots from Scientia before:

See this image:
http://img375.images...combeforeaf.jpg

BTW, that girl doesn't have scars, that's just active acne, which you should never needle cuz it makes it worse.

#252 maria84

maria84

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 March 2011 - 10:37 PM

Do you guys know if it's safe to use a .5mm dermaroller over acne? I have white head and some small/medium pustules

#253 amari

amari

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 June 2011 - 07:56 PM

could anyone specify on copper peptide serum, which one do you use, please specify brand, anything else I should use along with that, and how often to roll

#254 Davo1990

Davo1990

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 June 2011 - 02:39 AM

I dont know much but I've read that this site is pretty good:

http://webshop.owndo...p...dex&cPath=1

#255 sarahkayt

sarahkayt

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 July 2011 - 08:07 AM

I had fraxel repair done (the one where you're under anesthetic and your face is raw and bloody for a week) once all over and once in just the places with scarring. i have rolling acne scars on both cheeks on the sides of my mouth. for some reason it had 90 percent improvement on one side but the other side was resistant and it looks a little better but still sort of the same. so i've used a 1.5 dermaroller 3 times, 4 weeks apart at this point and i havent seen much improvement in the scars but it also hasnt had enough time to build any collagen. after i did the fraxel the same thing happened. it looked exactly the same but one day after about 6 months i noticed the scarring on one side was just about gone. so its one of those things you cant really rate until you honestly wait months. it does the same thing the fraxel laser did where it destroys columns of scar tissue and your collagen fills it in. you just have to go deep enough. i did the less intense fraxels too but they couldnt go deep enough to get my scar tissue. i would say with most acne scarring use a 1.5. i am planning on using the individual needles in a few days and then i will rest for about two months to see if anything is happening. if you do it too often i would be worried that you might be destroying the improvement you have been making. you really have to be patient. i know it sucks but thats the way it is. i will probably be rolling a couple times a year for the rest of my life, honestly because as we age we naturally lose collagen and if you still have any scar tissue whatsoever its going to pull the skin back down into the pits. if you manage to get rid of every trace of scar tissue then that wont be an issue but im just going to assume its always there and not let up. once its gone i dont want it coming back. but im just telling you all that my fraxel worked on my less resistant side and its the exact same thing as dermaroller. same concept. also, if it doesnt work on you it might just be you and not the dermaroller. some people just have resistant scars.

#256 Remicade

Remicade

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 October 2011 - 11:57 AM

When i roll with 1.5 mm I didn't hear the crack sound of scars tissue broken but last week I roll with 2.0 mm with fear in my heart and I hear the cracking sound, 1.5 mm it's too short for me. Des Fernandes start rolling with 3.0 mm size and nobody dies....

#257 vpm

vpm

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 19 April 2012 - 01:59 PM

This dermarolling thread is already 9 years old (what!?!) but, in case anyone is searching for dermaroller info check out Sarah Vaughtner's website, Vaughtner Wellness I think. She sells dermarollers, derma stamps and needling tools (even creams, etc). All prices are very reasonable, and she provides tons of straightforward and detailed information as well. I have a .5 dermaroller from her and I use it with my PCA skin, as well as my Rx Differin. It is amazing for smoothing skin texture and hyperpigmentation.

#258 *Can*I*Live*

*Can*I*Live*

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 April 2012 - 01:02 AM

just did a home roll. when youve got little options, you gotta make use of what you got.