Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

stefany

Dermaroller

262 posts in this topic

retin-a gel (isotrex) just gave me really bad acne for months, it was mean to cure me of acne, well its nearly a year on now and that hasn't happened.

about retin-a - everyone seems to have a different response to it. It's better to use it a couple of times a week than every day in my expereince becasue it can be very irritating. I', only using the .025% but I have sent bluerain the .05% which will be useful after needling.

By the way, I emailed the inventor of the various dermarollers - I wanted to knopw the price of the better dermaroller (MF-8 version)

This was his response:

Dear Maya,

sorry for the delayed answer. The price for MF-8 is 4,300 Euro incl. postage & TVA. But before you order, just wait a couple of days. We are in the process in revising our Website for more and detailed information on the various therapy forms with the diffent dermarollers. Hopefully Friday it should be in the Web. There you also will find a hint (se scar treatment) where to buy the right cream for scars. A new formulation with 2% centella. By a MDs request the pharmacist (located in Fürth/Germany) can add 0,1% cortisone.

I hope I could have been somehow helpful in your matter.

Kind regards

Horst Lieb

The difficulties of life are intended to make us better, not bitter.

EDIT: Maya is a former moderator but unfortunately no longer posts here.

How much is 4,300 Euros?????????? in sterling?

His email is top.rol@wanadoo.fr just in case anyone wants more info.

Hi Maya,

4300 euros is about 3085 british pounds. So thats about $5000.

=; .......I can't let you do it!!!

That alot of money. However if I KNEW it worked on scars and made my skin alot better it WOULD be worth it. I'd pay that for better skin.

Why is one roller like £37 and this one is like £3500?

Cheap one must be poor quality

Fight throught this....

For those of you who cannot tolerate Retin A or retinoids, you can always get the AcneMiracle vitamin C topical gel. It's the same thing that costs about 6 times as much in the stores and boutiques.

That might be worth looking at, or just the copper peptides. Me...I don't have any problems with Retin A. I have very, very tough skin.

Just be sure to not apply them at the same time.

But since the copper peptides have been shown to improve collagen production better than topical a or c, then I personally think that that would be a better bet.

I was looking on the skinbio site and saw Super Cop and Super CP Serum. Anyone have any suggestions on which one of these produces better results for scars? I've been doing the vinegar method for 2 weeks now along with Neutrogena's Visibly Firm Night cream. Apparently the skinbio stuff is stronger, so I wanted to try it out. Also thinking about adding this dermaroller into the mix :)

Posters at Delphi forums say super cop is better because it is stronger. However Dr Pickart says don't use it on your face during the day because it will stain your face blue. If you use it at night you will have to wash it off in the morning.

"As you think, so you are. As you imagine, so you become"

Denise2,

About keeping the roller germ free (read your post in the vinegar thread), this is what they say in the FAQ:

"The needles will become blunt after several months of use. We recommend to use a new roller after 3-4 months. To keep the roller germ free we recommend to keep the head in isopropyl alcohol all the time. The roller comes with a special box which can be used for that. Just fill in enough alcohol to cover the head. Shortly before use just rinse the head with water. The roller can and should be washed in a regular dishwasher every 7 days. The high water temperature and the detergents are ideal to clean the roller head. Maintaining a clean head is especially important if you use the roller for creamy substances like MGF, Spirolotion or simular..."

http://www.lipoxidil.com/dermaroller_faq.htm

btw, have you seen any improvements so far?

We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are

It's been around a week of me using the dermaroller - it is definately making the retin-a penetrate more deeply - I only use the .025% which would not normally peel me, but it is now peeling me!! - so I am only going to use the retin-a twice a week now.

I haven't strilised, but will try and get some of that alcohol soon so I can do so.

I recieved my dermaroller today, only 6 days after I ordered it.

Haven't used it, so I will update you when I have, but..

In special instruction box for delivery in web form when I ordered, I requested they mark it as gift (so I didn't have to pay duty).

Unlike other companies (as its not strictly legal, hehe) they actually did this. So if you order remember to request they mark it as gift if your in a country that pays duty.

:D

I didn't ask it to be marked as a gift.. and I didn't pay any tax either which was cool.

Been using mine too. I suggested this on another thread and I should've put it here.

It might be good to sterilize the dermaroller after each use with rubbing alcohol. That's what I"m doing.

I believe it's working well, too, Maya. My products are penetrating better. The SUPER CP Serum never burned or stung and now it does, but only for a few seconds.

The SUPER CP Serum is quickly fading some purple/red marks-scars that I had on my cheek that had been there for many months; at least 6-8 months. They are fading way more rapidly, now, thank goodness.

I'm liking this SUPER Serum..... :D/

To Maya and Denise and anyone else using the Dermaroller,

Are you using the dermaroller with ONLY ONE SUBSTANCE?

I am thinking about purchasing it based on your comments that your products are more effective with it... and I was thinking of using it for CP serum and possibly some other topicals such as a Vit C lotion, alphalipoic acid, etc. Then I read this on the Dermaroller website:

"Because of hygienic reasons the DERMAROLLER should be solely:

a) used by ONE person only !

B) used for only one and the same substance !"

Well, only I will be using the dermaroller so no problem there, but are any of you using it for more than one substance? Do I need to purchase more than one Dermaroller?

BTW, thanks to all of you for sharing your experiences. You are a wonderful inspiration.

Mimi

Hey Mimi: I use my dermaroller and then apply the SUPER CP Serum and then my Retin A. With Maya, she does it the other way around, Retin A first, then the serum.

If you order Vitamin C, be aware that you shouldn't apply it with the copper peptides as it cancels out the vitamin C.

Actually, I've used the Cellex C and I do believe that the Super Serum is at least 100% better and the Super Serum fades spots much quicker than the vitamin c, where it didnt' have much effect on spots or unevenness at all.

It is shown to be much more effective than vitamin c or a. Ofcourse I use Retin A, a vitamin a derivitive.....but I wouldn't mess with the vitamin c too much as it will interfere with the peptides, and you have to space them 12 hours apart in their application, blah, blah, blah......

Hope that helps.

Thanks Denise,

So, from your description, it seems you are using the Dermaroller for more than just one substance. If I understand correctly, you are using the dermaroller first and then applying both the cp serum and vit a. Actually, if the dermaroller gets used first, before putting on any topical substance, it shouldn't really matter what it's used with, especially if the dermaroller is kept clean with alcohol between uses. I just wondered about the comment on the dermaroller website about using only ONE SUBSTANCE with the dermaroller.

I was considering getting Cellex C and also the Super CP serum and appreciate your input. I have the regular CP serum but now I am going to get the Super CP serum (and not the Cellex C)- sounds like it's working well for you. I understand that I shouldn't use the copper peptides with the vit c - thanks for noting that.

Mimi

Hi Mimi....yeah, I do use a couple of topicals when using the dermaroller. I'm not sure why they mention using ONE, but I don't do that. Not sure what difference it makes.

I think you'll see a wonderful difference with the SUPER CP Serum. I think it's much better and stronger than the regular serum. Like I have said before, I've got unevenness and purple marks that have faded more in the past 4 weeks of using the serum than the previous 8 months, and that includes having a TCA peel. :-k #-o :-s

An update on the dermaroller - I really think this really helps penetrate topicals into the skin - a very good investment!!

Maya, in what way have you noticed improvement?

We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are

Sorry Maria - didn't see your post until now. Well the dermaroller seems to make retin-a penetrate the skin quite deeply - I am only using it on my face twice a week now.

Maya--

how much did you pay for your dermaroller? what creams other then retin-A can you use to help the scars?

This is only for indented scarring right??....

The dermaroller was $37 - around £25 - can be used for better penetration of any topicaltion/gel/cream so not just for scar creams - wrinkle creams too.

Not a good idea Jamie for you - this would be too harsh for anyone for 2 years after accutane I think.

Is the DermaRoller worth purchasing, if only for the deeper penetration effects? Is the Copper Peptides also more effective as a result?

I am still using it occassionally - and yes, I do think it's worth purchasing. It definately makes topicals penetrate deeper.

I agree with Maya... I use it prior to putting on the copper peptide serum but I only use it ocassionally because my skin is sensitive and is easily irritated.

~ Tamara

You cannot perceive beauty but with a serene mind.

- Henry David Thoreau (1817-1862)

Visit My Claravis Journal