Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dermaroller

262 posts in this topic

I received mine today (took 9 days) and will start using it tonight - before applying copper peptide serum and moisteriser.

Will report back.

The difficulties of life are intended to make us better, not bitter.

EDIT: Maya is a former moderator but unfortunately no longer posts here.

OK - just tried it out - ouch!! hehe - but it was a good kind of ouch (no pain, no gain?) A little stinging took place - I did overdo it though (in my excitement) - the instructions on the web site said 3 passes... I must've done 10! LOL!

OK - just tried it out - ouch!! hehe - but it was a good kind of ouch (no pain, no gain?) A little stinging took place - I did overdo it though (in my excitement) - the instructions on the web site said 3 passes... I must've done 10! LOL!

Maya, i hope it will work dermaroller . i am thinking of buying this, too. if you say it worths to buy :-k

Does anyone have any further information on the acne dermaroller? :-k (The one that is available to Drs only?) I guess I am wondering what the main diff is between the one that we can buy and the Drs only one. :-s Thanks!

*Misty :-

Bluerain - I think it is worth buying - I can see how it will work for shallow scarring. There are these tiny needles all over, not enough to piece the skin, but enough to cause some light penetration - so if you then apply scar healing topicals, they should enter the skin much better.

My face was a little pink today, but nothing that would cause concern - and a little powder covered it up anyway.

animegirle - the dermaroller is not for acne. The doctors one has much bigger needles that will perforate the skin and therefore be similar to a tatoo gun.

Maya, i still continue needling. dermaroller and needling will be at the same time or that makes skin wear?

bluerain - I think it's probably better to do the dermaroller 2 weeks after needling - but you can do that everyday to improve the collagen and make things like retin-a or copper peptides penetrate deeper.

Can you get retin-a where you are?

Maya, i didnt use retin-a or copper peptide after needling. i am just using vit a cream, helena rubinstein collagenist cream.

can i get them from pharmacy ? or still continue use collagen cream ?

I suggest you use the retin-a after and before needling - and then 2 weeks after the needling, use the dermaroller everynight and then apply retin-a cream.

I can get some retin-a gel.05 for free if you are hard up for cash (I've got some spare lurking around) - send me a PM with your address if that's the case.

well I have ordered this product but I'm a little scared. Tiny holes all over my skin.

Does it hurt A LOT?

user - no, it doesn't hurt that much - maybe I was being a little dramatic in my earlier posts :-

You can do very light passes or really go for it (I am the go for it type!)

What I did last night was this - patted face with diluted vinegar - used the dermaroller in all directions over my face, going over my cheek and forehead area (where my main scars are) many times. Then I put on retin-a (I only use .25), waited 20 minutes, then put on copper peptide serum followed by a mix of jojoba and emu oil.

I looked pink before I went to bed, but my face looks good this morning - it's too early to make comments on the success etc.. but I like the science behind doing this.

I thought CP was meant to go under retin-a? my retin-a gel (isotrex) forms a kinda seal over my face. I was gonna put CP under retin-a when my CP eventually arrives from homepeels, is this wrong?

user - I suppose you could do that - I find retin-a a little irritating, so applying the CP serum after seems to help soothe it.

Maya, from where did you order dermaroller?

dermaroller.de

lipoxidil.com

I can get some retin-a gel.05 for free if you are hard up for cash (I've got some spare lurking around) - send me a PM with your address if that's the case.

Maya - u never seize to amaze me :-

bluerain - http://www.lipoxidil.com/derma.htm I bought it from this site

by the way, the retin-a is in the post to you.

FrankY - I've sent you a PM

Anyone--

What is the best cream to use after doing the dermaroller>?

Is it okay to use this approx. 8 months after accutane?? It seems safe enough.....

Thanks! :-

Fight throught this....

In addition to my last question:

Do you think it would be okay to use this roller then apply a lactic peel?

Thanks!

Fight throught this....

mynameis - my gut feeling is that you should not use the dermaroller for 1 year after accutane - but the lactic peels should be OK.

I've already posted this URL here before but something happened and the post disappeared. Anyway, since it's pretty interesting I'm posting it again:

http://www.vivida-sa.co.za/about/

compare that to this:

http://www.dermaroller.de/engl/history.htm

hmm.. :-k

I think it's an interesting device anyway and thinking of buying one...any updates?

We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are

I would also like to know if anyone is using this method, and with what creams?

Thanks

Fight throught this....

I wanted to add to the new users of Retin-a (bluerain) to go easy with the retin-a when you start. I used retin-a for awhile and it irritated me to no end. Actually, it was the retin-a micro .1 that this happened with. i never had a problem with the .025 cream. In any case, my face got irritated and dry and I had an increased frequency of breakouts, which I incorrectly assumed was a good thing, because on the website, it said that you might get breakouts at first as the skin is expunging some of the bad stuff in your skin, and that this was 'normal' for the first few weeks. Anyway, it went on for about two months, but I kept at it thinking it was a good thing. It wasn't though, and I got cystic acne from it that I'd never really had before, or at least not that degree, and it made my face worse and caused scars and stuff.

I'm not trying to discourage you from using it, but just suggesting you keep an eye on it and not to overdo it. Maybe you'll want to try using it once every other day until your skin gets used to it. And if you notice irritation for more than a few weeks, then it might be best to discontinue use, or to at least keep more rest days in between use.