Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

stefany

Dermaroller

262 posts in this topic

Halo. This from Singapore. If you have any difficulties to obtain medical MTS dermaroller, you can enquire from email

jttc@hotmail.com. Thank you

Home use MTS dermaroller size

0.2 mm

0.25 mm

0.5 mm

0.75 mm

I used a dr roller 1.5mm i had to post and say thanks for posting that site logger710. :)

I've found the roller to help slightly on stretch marks so far (my sis has had more success on stretch marks than me) and I used it on a scar on my calf from a lump i got removed (was about 6 months old at the time) and that had the biggest improvement.

It sort of levelled out more and because less reddy and smaller too. I really wish i would have taken a picture of it b4.

I first used the roller on my face as i have a few ice pick ones and a few box ones on my nose and some scars that i dont know the name of they are slightly raised but flat areas that are red but are over 6 months old. The last type have improved 50% amazingly sort of the same results as the calf scar. Ive not seen any improvement in depressed scaring but the raised scaring seems to have been released and allowed to resettle by the rolling. I know thats not how it works but thats sort of the feeling i get about it ha.... strange i know :doh:

In my experience if you have any raised or clumpy type of scaring like what i described i think its worth giving the rollers a go to see for yourself. I didnt really think ahead to what i was putting on after wards so like an idiot with nothin available i thought vit e and vit c would be good and added a vit c crushed tablet to an opened capsuale of evening primrose oil and put that on ha... no idea if it helpd or hindered me but i some improvement after even the first time, i've done it a hand full of times so far at least a month apart.

xx

is there any big difference between derma roller and derma stamp? And is 1.5 mm needle ok for acne scars? I woul like to give this a go along with blue/red led light and vitamin C cream

Most dermatologist claim that doing 1.5 dermaroll on yourself is "harmful" I was thinking about going with 1.0mm since my scars are very small anyways.

WHen using a 1.0mm dermaroller is EMLA - anasthetic cream necessary?

COuld anyone tell me step by step what to do?

First wash face with a gentle soap

(Have the dermaroller laying in an alcohol)

then use the roller, gently on the skin, going different directions.

apply a vitamin C and E cream

thats it?

I've been reading this form a lot and have a question

I do not have acne, i hope none of you take offense to this

but my doctor prescribed me a steroid cream for my penis since it kept ripping , now the problem is that this caused the skin to become thin.

Does this derma roller heal the thin skin and bring my thick skin back? will it help even a little?

I've been suffering for 2 years now and its really depressing.

Any advice would be helpful, thanks

guys ....pls helpme....may i kow if its ok to rollover a few pimples....and what should i do if i aleady did......will it cause more scarring...these pimpes are pimples that are kinda embedded deep in my skin.....thus i need yr advice...pls....thanks..

Guys, I will save you all a lot of time and money in saying this; dermarolling doesn't work.

Can you please tell more about why it didn't work?

How many sessions did you do?

How intensively did you roll?

What kind of scarring do you have?

or anything else you can would like to share.

My scars are boxcar, rolling, and icepick with some being pretty large and deep.

I'm thinking about doing it and as I've read other people success stories.

Hi,

I found this before-after dermaroller picture from my dermatologist. I think it's a good thing to people see how can dermaroller treat scar.

post-30110-1281878622_thumb.jpg

My dermatologist is dr Gunawan Budi Santoso Spkk, in Indonesia. Iam from Indonesia too. I go to him when I try to treat my acne scar. It's about 3 years ago when dermaroller was not popular in Indonesia. He recommended me with dermabrasion. I did it with very nice improvement.

And thinking to get dermaroller with him.

I remember when he see my scar, he uses lighting effect like above before after picture, to see how severe the scar, because from lighting effect we can see the dept and the shadow of the scar.

Is that improvement from dermarolling or dermabrasion?

the lighting has been altered which causes suspicion for me, but I pray to god that Dermaroller will work on acne scars because it will be my final hope.

Most dermatologist claim that doing 1.5 dermaroll on yourself is "harmful" I was thinking about going with 1.0mm since my scars are very small anyways.

WHen using a 1.0mm dermaroller is EMLA - anasthetic cream necessary?

COuld anyone tell me step by step what to do?

First wash face with a gentle soap

(Have the dermaroller laying in an alcohol)

then use the roller, gently on the skin, going different directions.

apply a vitamin C and E cream

thats it?

Anasthetic isn't necessary, you should roll that hard to need one. I've heard that only proffesionaly use it.

I think you have all the steps.

but my doctor prescribed me a steroid cream for my penis since it kept ripping , now the problem is that this caused the skin to become thin.

Does this derma roller heal the thin skin and bring my thick skin back? will it help even a little?

I've read it does thicken the skin, not sure though. I don't have the same problem.

I would use one with short needles like 0,5mm. And be really very gentle. Maybe use it only every other day, or once every three days. And definitely moisturize with something oily or a great cream afterwards. And also moisturize every day, like twice a day.

I have a scar on my wrist and I used 1,5mm, and I wasn't very gentle, not too rough. But I have really skinny wrists (and arms), thin skin, bony. And after a month or so, I noticed really tiny cracks, like little wrinkles, where I used it. It's getting better with time and moisturizing.

Important question!!

I really can't find he answer anywhere. :think:

How do you know when to replace a dermaroller? How do you know the needles are dull?

Is it not penetrating the skin? Or is it starting to ''hurt'' the skin, casue it's more rough?

Please, please help!

Nobody's even answering any of these questions :rolleyes:. I don't really know anything about dermarolling, so I wouldn't know how to answer them.. but I think you all should maybe open your own thread asking your question and you'll more likely get a response.

It doesn't penetrate as easily as when you first used it, it takes more pressure.

With the prices relatively low now, it's better to just use a roller or stamp max 2 or 3 times and then get a new one.

I've read it does thicken the skin, not sure though. I don't have the same problem.

I would use one with short needles like 0,5mm. And be really very gentle. Maybe use it only every other day, or once every three days. And definitely moisturize with something oily or a great cream afterwards. And also moisturize every day, like twice a day.

I have a scar on my wrist and I used 1,5mm, and I wasn't very gentle, not too rough. But I have really skinny wrists (and arms), thin skin, bony. And after a month or so, I noticed really tiny cracks, like little wrinkles, where I used it. It's getting better with time and moisturizing.

Was that question even real? What exactly did he mean by "it kept ripping"?

Anyway, using a dermaroller on your johnson is bad advice. It's very sensitive down there. If you get a tiny cut it hurts like a paper cut. If you use a roller you'll have tons of these little cuts that sting bad, even if using the smallest needle length, plus you won't see any improvements.

Was that question even real? What exactly did he mean by "it kept ripping"?

Anyway, using a dermaroller on your johnson is bad advice. It's very sensitive down there. If you get a tiny cut it hurts like a paper cut. If you use a roller you'll have tons of these little cuts that sting bad, even if using the smallest needle length, plus you won't see any improvements.

Oh, I thought he used some drugs cause of a problem with his johnson, and the drugs made the skin on his face thin. :confused: Maybe not. :redface:

So this dermaroller business looks all right and affordable enough. Needles are scary but .75mm is an acceptable starting point. The question is still where the hell to get one of these things? I thought Google searches would turn up numerous ones, but all the links are busted or are for reviews. Amazon doesn't have much selection, Ebay is a mess as usual...I'm not sure what to do. I bought some CP recently but I figure if it works better with rolling I might as well start rolling away.

*What is a reasonable length and price to be on the lookout for?

hey bro, you can use the .75mm one daily (but if you go too hard, you'll end up w/ lines all over your face and look like hellraiser). some people say it hurts, but really, it doesn't. it just kinda stings if you go along the forehead and jawline. nothing excruciating though.

ANYWAY...i got mine on ebay. it's an aussie company. it's about $160.oo US. AND, they say you can use it (daily) for up to a year. which makes that price just seem yummy.

go to ebay and do a search for "skin roller". the one you want, is probably described as a "skin and scalp roller". read through the description, and it'll say .75mm somewhere (they have shorter needlez, but those probably won't help one bit). ALSO, look for the one with 96 needlez. cuz they sell ones w/ only half the needlez (48). which would suck, since you'd only cover half the surface that a 96er would do

HELLO , I HAVE ACNE SCARS WHICH IS 4YRS OLD MY DR. SAID DERMAROLLER IS BEST FOR UR SCARS. IS IT HELPFUL? WHAT R ITS SIDEFFECTS,PLZ REPLY

Can dermaroller be used if you still have some active acne? Or it is better to use after you have stopped having breakouts?

Topicals:

Black soap cleanser & Jojoba oil

Supplements:

Changed recently because I am doing the cleanse advocated by Karyn Calabrese in her book Soak Your Nuts.

Diet:

Raw foods (fruit, veg, nuts), vegan diet; Avoid: fried foods, dairy, gluten

Mood/Emotional side: trying to remain calm during all this... Meditating & relaxing. Keep calm and carry on.

Hi,

I found this before-after dermaroller picture from my dermatologist. I think it's a good thing to people see how can dermaroller treat scar.

post-30110-1281878622_thumb.jpg

My dermatologist is dr Gunawan Budi Santoso Spkk, in Indonesia. Iam from Indonesia too. I go to him when I try to treat my acne scar. It's about 3 years ago when dermaroller was not popular in Indonesia. He recommended me with dermabrasion. I did it with very nice improvement.

And thinking to get dermaroller with him.

I remember when he see my scar, he uses lighting effect like above before after picture, to see how severe the scar, because from lighting effect we can see the dept and the shadow of the scar.

I wonder what his scars look like now...it could just be swelling as I get the same results but after a while the skin reverts back indentation and all. The lighting in the before picture is much different from the after.

4980010.jpg

Guys, I will save you all a lot of time and money in saying this; dermarolling doesn't work.

yaa dude ur right it gives only 10-20% improvment

yaa dude ur right it gives only 10-20% improvment

it doesn't work but you've had 10-20% improvement and based on your post, you've only done it twice.