Photo

Dermaroller

vitamin a needling

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
257 replies to this topic

#1 stefany

stefany

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 February 2003 - 08:25 PM

I have done lots of research on skin needling. As many may recall, Environ sells a device called the "Cosmetic Roll-Cit." This is being sold for over $500. It is designed to increase the penetration of topicals like Vitamin A and C. Well, I certainly do not have that kind of money. So I kept searching on the web to see if there was something similar. And there is. And what is even more interesting, a company called "Horst Liebl" designed this device, and Des Fernandes basically copied this patented device. Horst Liebl's roller is priced at only $37. People are using this to increase penetration of topicals. I have been using the dermaroller for 2 weeks now, and let me tell you, I see my scars getting smoother. I use it in combination with Renova and Vitamin C. I have been in constant contact with this gentleman, and he offers very fair prices for high-quality products. Here is the link:

http://www.dermaroller.de

This device has been shown to increase penetration into the dermis by
4000%.

#2 OursFan

OursFan

~ Tamara

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 February 2003 - 10:27 PM

Stefany - What type of scars do you have and approximately what percentage of improvement have you seen?
It looks promising.

Thank you! :o

#3 stefany

stefany

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 February 2003 - 10:44 PM

I have the pitted kind secondary to cystic acne. I realize it has only been two weeks, but I would estimate a 15-20% improvement already. You know, all of these topical treatments that claim to do certain things have a much better chance of actually doing what they say they do! The dermis is where collagen lays and needs to rebuild. Most of these substances never get a chance to pass through the epidermis. I think this device is very promising. :o

#4 jackthebear

jackthebear

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 February 2003 - 12:16 AM

wow. a great find. I've always been skeptical of the device, but especially I was angry that fernandes would charge so much for it because it is obviously NOT a $500 device. (a tattoo gun costs less!) It seemed to me he was only trying to profit from our emotional pain.

I would like to try out this device. how much did it cost to have it ship to the united states?

Thanks stefany

#5 will205

will205

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 February 2003 - 02:12 AM

It looks like the cosmetic roll-cit not the medical roll-cit (Which contains pins/needles in it)

Stefany is there any spikes on it or is it completely smooth.

How do you actually use it. Apply the creams and then roll over it or the other way.

I know somebody in Germany now who could get it for me.

Anyway good find.

#6 stefany

stefany

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 February 2003 - 07:21 AM

I paid $37 plus $8 shipping for the dermaroller. It does contain tiny spikes that allows for micro-perforation of the skin. The Dermaroller website tells all of the information on this subject. It is very easy to do, you just apply your topical first, then slowly roll over the affected area 10 times in different directions. This is NOT the medical skin needling device, however, Horst Liebl does offer medical versions but only to medical doctors. But even the price of those are way below what Fernandes would charge. Maybe people over in Europe could talk their doctors in to purchasing this device!

You can also purchase the dermaroller online at this website:
http://www.usa-direkt.com

#7 Maya

Maya

• New Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 February 2003 - 11:15 AM

Stefany

By the way, first link doesn't work - and the second link - is only available in German!!!!!!!!

Hey anyone - sprechk deutch???

Sounds very interesting though

#8 stefany

stefany

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 February 2003 - 05:26 PM

Maya,

I just clicked on the first link and it worked for me. Not sure what happened. On the second website, you have to click on English speaking customers. That is what I did when I ordered. Great product.

#9 understood

understood

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 February 2003 - 07:53 PM

Hey Stef,

Sounds like a lot of sense to me.

More penetration, more result.

Since you have used it and are familiar with it's use for pitted scarring I would like your opinion on which model of roller you think would be best for raised scarring (on shoulders).

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

U

#10 OursFan

OursFan

~ Tamara

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 February 2003 - 10:56 PM

Here's another place that sells it: http://www.lipoxidil.com/order.htm

#11 will205

will205

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 February 2003 - 12:02 AM

I know it increases penetration of topicals etc but i am wondering can it break down scar tissue and provide collagen growth for those bigger scars. I don't think any topical penetrating can do this effectively or can they.

#12 stefany

stefany

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 February 2003 - 07:42 AM

understood,
I have e-mailed Horst Liebl about keloids. I am not sure which dermaroller, if any, helps with keloids. This device has been designed for acne scars, the pitted kind, because there doesn't seem to be anything else that really has worked. I will get back to you.

As far as the regular dermaroller for helping with scars, it is definitely helping me. My renova is being infiltrated deeper into my dermis because the side effects which I overcame over 1 year ago, have come back again. The Renova with the dermaroller is making my skin peel more, and I notice more plumping of the skin. Just my imagination? I don't think so. My next goal is to find a doctor that will purchase his special needling device for acne scars and treat my whole face. I have tried everything else, and quite frankly, they don't work.

#13 stefany

stefany

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 February 2003 - 06:06 PM

understood,

looks like the best dermaroller would be the MS-4. It has specially ice-hardened needles so that they don't bend after puncturing through the hard, fibrous collagen. Unfortunately, it can only be purchased through a physician though.

#14 understood

understood

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 February 2003 - 06:26 PM

Hey Stef,

Thanks.

I appreciate all your help.

U

#15 will205

will205

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 February 2003 - 06:04 AM

Two interesting quotes out of the FAQ section:

"The needles will become blunt after several months of use. We recommend to use a new roller after 3-4 months." That's $150 or more a year

"Do not use the roller if the skin is already damaged by injury or sunburn."

Isn't an indented acne scar the sign of skin injury or are they talking about other scars caused by surgery etc. My scar still hurts and it looks injured.

The device is to be applied to areas of normal, undamaged skin for purposes of hair growth.

What are other peoples impressions?

And more importantly

What topicals would be the best to break down damged collagen fibres and promote the growth of new ones which will level out indentations.

#16 stefany

stefany

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 February 2003 - 07:06 AM

The tiny needles do eventually become dull, and $150 per year may sound like a lot of money, but Des Fernandes charges $500 for an identical device which lasts only up to a year.

As far as your scar still feeling damaged, if it is fully healed, I am sure it would be OK.

Horst Liebl is researching acne scarring as we speak and he has a friend from India who says that "Centella" is the best topical for acne scarring.
Keep you posted.

#17 freedom

freedom

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 April 2003 - 07:59 PM

Any updates?

#18 Maya

Maya

• New Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 May 2003 - 02:43 AM

Anyone still using this?

#19 bluerain

bluerain

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 May 2003 - 03:15 PM

after reading all posts made a decision and i will buy dermaroller. how many times it will be used? everyday or one in a month like needling :-k

#20 Maya

Maya

• New Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 May 2003 - 03:42 PM

bluerain - I put in my order today, it cost $37 plus $7.50 shipping - will take around 3 weeks to arrive.

I read the instructions - it says to use everyday and go over your skin 3 times. Then after that apply whatever topicals you normally use.

After around 3 months, you need to get a new one because the needles wear out.

This is not quite needling, it doesn't break the skin - it just stimulates collagen growth slowly and helps topicals penetrate the skin better.