Photo

adam lambert skin

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
18 replies to this topic

#1 luvskincare13

luvskincare13

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 9
About Me

Posted 21 March 2010 - 06:33 PM

Could I be accurate in thinking my skin looks alot like his?

#2 luvskincare13

luvskincare13

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 March 2010 - 09:01 PM

My mom is like hell no but this is how I see my skin I guess. Family and friends probably would never tell me like it is thats why I come here.
Now I usually come here to help others liked others helped me when I first came to this site, but every once in a while I get to looking at the gallery and try to compare my skin to see what my skin might look like from outside.

#3 Mr President

Mr President

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 2
About Me

Achievements

Posted 22 March 2010 - 05:57 AM

QUOTE (jackiey @ Mar 22 2010, 02:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My mom is like hell no but this is how I see my skin I guess. Family and friends probably would never tell me like it is thats why I come here.
Now I usually come here to help others liked others helped me when I first came to this site, but every once in a while I get to looking at the gallery and try to compare my skin to see what my skin might look like from outside.

i again think our scarring is pretty similar - least in comparison to most other people on these boards. the more pics you upload the more i can see ur ice pick and boxcar scars. the best results ive gotten so far are from peels, perhaps you can give them a go...the best thing about ur scars is the majority of people probably wouldnt classify them as scars - just big pores, even though all of us here know different.

oh and no ur skin is nothing like adam lamberts. i saw a pic of him a few months back with clumped on makeup and gosh golly they looked wide and deep. i tried to find pics recently and they all have him with nice skin now, so im a tad confuded !

#4 Taurus_girl

Taurus_girl

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 March 2010 - 06:56 AM

QUOTE (cartwheeling_monkey @ Mar 22 2010, 11:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i again think our scarring is pretty similar - least in comparison to most other people on these boards. the more pics you upload the more i can see ur ice pick and boxcar scars. the best results ive gotten so far are from peels, perhaps you can give them a go...the best thing about ur scars is the majority of people probably wouldnt classify them as scars - just big pores, even though all of us here know different.

oh and no ur skin is nothing like adam lamberts. i saw a pic of him a few months back with clumped on makeup and gosh golly they looked wide and deep. i tried to find pics recently and they all have him with nice skin now, so im a tad confuded !

My skin is very similar to that too, except that I'm Indian background.

The posts on here have recommended that you try retin a cream because over time they will make a difference to our scars. Have you guys tried this yet?
I should be starting it in a couple of weeks but from what I read it should take about a year to see results. Hopefully quicker as I will also be doing needling and dermarollng.

#5 Mr President

Mr President

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 22 March 2010 - 07:28 AM

QUOTE (Taurus_girl @ Mar 22 2010, 11:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (cartwheeling_monkey @ Mar 22 2010, 11:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My skin is very similar to that too, except that I'm Indian background.

The posts on here have recommended that you try retin a cream because over time they will make a difference to our scars. Have you guys tried this yet?
I should be starting it in a couple of weeks but from what I read it should take about a year to see results. Hopefully quicker as I will also be doing needling and dermarollng.

ive been applying light peels along with copper peptides for about a month. i think my skin is looking slightly better but im not too sure. unfortunately im breaking out pretty badly and am about to take accutane, so ill stop my treatments and start up again 6 months after i stop taking it.

as for the needling, yeah hopefully it will help. i needled one of my scars about a week ago. its scabbed and has since fallen off, leaving a hole thats deeper than before. i hope it fills in. if it does, ill be tempted to try needling again in the future.

Edited by cartwheeling_monkey, 22 March 2010 - 07:30 AM.

#6 luvskincare13

luvskincare13

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 March 2010 - 10:32 AM

Yeah I use retin-a and I am also use a pumpkin peel every week. No real noticable difference however at this point I am just trying to lighten my hyperpigmentation. My face is literally darker then any other part of my body with darker splotches like someone poured hot cocoa on my skin.
Yeah I wondered about simalirities between my skin with Adam Lambert because he has icepick too and I wondered if my icepick scars were as deep as his.

#7 luvskincare13

luvskincare13

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 March 2010 - 10:39 AM

Taurus_girl
Maybe you might post some photos of your skin?

#8 AI3forever

AI3forever

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 March 2010 - 11:55 AM

My scarring is pretty similar to yours, but my scars are wider deeper, though overall complexion is slight better then yours. Adam Lambert has better skin though.

#9 zxcv

zxcv

beh

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 8
About Me

Posted 22 March 2010 - 11:58 AM

looks like a combo of scarred pores and ice picks with some boxcars and light rolling scars. i'd classify your skin from what i could see as moderate scarring.

in regards to adam lambert, his scarring is mostly on the side of his face/cheekbones which makes it look worse. i have the same problem.. he has pretty bad scarring and i would be willing to bet that he took accutane and thats how he developed that scarring. hes a good looking guy and i feel bad for him because we all know how having acne scars makes a person extremely self conscious. but good for him though, being out in the public eye. but its just further proof, no matter how much money or fame, acne scars are near impossible to get rid of.

someone mentioned using a retinoid - i've used tazorac cream .1% for well over a year now and it's hard to say if i've improved any. i still have scars and discoloration. i think once you stop using it, the 'plumping' effect stops. you need to use it forever basically (although it cannot be used during pregnancy).

Edited by zxcv, 22 March 2010 - 11:59 AM.

#10 Taurus_girl

Taurus_girl

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 March 2010 - 04:18 PM

QUOTE (jackiey @ Mar 22 2010, 04:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Taurus_girl
Maybe you might post some photos of your skin?

Yeah I would be, I tried taking pictures in the past but I can't really get it to show on the camera.
That was a while ago so I am going to give it another try. Plus, it would help me record my progress with needling and dermarolling becuase I'm not really sure if its made a difference and I have been doing it for over a year now!

#11 Taurus_girl

Taurus_girl

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 March 2010 - 04:22 PM

QUOTE (zxcv @ Mar 22 2010, 05:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
looks like a combo of scarred pores and ice picks with some boxcars and light rolling scars. i'd classify your skin from what i could see as moderate scarring.

in regards to adam lambert, his scarring is mostly on the side of his face/cheekbones which makes it look worse. i have the same problem.. he has pretty bad scarring and i would be willing to bet that he took accutane and thats how he developed that scarring. hes a good looking guy and i feel bad for him because we all know how having acne scars makes a person extremely self conscious. but good for him though, being out in the public eye. but its just further proof, no matter how much money or fame, acne scars are near impossible to get rid of.

someone mentioned using a retinoid - i've used tazorac cream .1% for well over a year now and it's hard to say if i've improved any. i still have scars and discoloration. i think once you stop using it, the 'plumping' effect stops. you need to use it forever basically (although it cannot be used during pregnancy).

That’s quite disheartening to hear about the retinol. I was hoping that it was the missing link with my scar revision. I'm still going to give it a try though.

#12 luvskincare13

luvskincare13

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 March 2010 - 07:34 PM

Thanks for sharing. Yeah it is so hard to tell what your skin really looks like because it changes depending on the light. In some lights they look like white spots in others harsher lights it looks like this.
Kinda dishearting to hear Adam Lambert has better skin but I am totally willing to take it in instead of fooling myself!

#13 Mr President

Mr President

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 22 March 2010 - 11:48 PM

hmm why are her scars worse than adam lambert. id prefer really shallow scars all over than just a few really big deep noticable ones. in some pics he looks absolutely horrific. theres been no photo here where she looks horrific. in fact shes got better skin than a lot of people here. think before you speak please and use just a little logic. i can tell you now most doctors would term this very minor scarring. i can also tell you a lot of dermatologists wouldnt touch skin like this (unless they hope to gain cash) as most techniques will only make the scars worse. others, who need money - as we all know them, are likely to offer anything and everything.

Edited by cartwheeling_monkey, 22 March 2010 - 11:53 PM.

#14 Scars4Life

Scars4Life

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 March 2010 - 11:52 PM

The real question is why did you change your Aladin Abu monkey picture. I thought we were sticking with disney eusa_snooty.gif

#15 Mr President

Mr President

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 23 March 2010 - 12:51 AM

QUOTE (Scars4Life @ Mar 23 2010, 04:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The real question is why did you change your Aladin Abu monkey picture. I thought we were sticking with disney eusa_snooty.gif

lol mate, thought the professor made me look smarter tongue.gif

#16 bee4

bee4

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 March 2010 - 10:00 AM

Hi Jackiey

Contrary to what I thought, I don't find your skin to be anything like mine. I consider my overall complexion to be good but with some prominent scarring. Yours on the otherhand has more shallow scarring and an overall 'bobbly' texture.

All you need to do is sort out the texture of your skin - your scarring is minimal

Bee x

#17 luvskincare13

luvskincare13

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 March 2010 - 10:16 AM

Yeah I agree that when I looked at you other photo you do have an overall great complexion. I do not think you have prominant scarring though.
My skin has large pores and it seems like my skin is rough and I do use really great products but sometimes I wonder that if I did nothing for awhile if my skin would start to look better. So afraid to laser but what options do I have since nothing has improved my hyperpigmentation, scarring and large pores.

#18 bee4

bee4

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 March 2010 - 10:26 AM

Why are you afraid of lasering? Are you worried you might end up with worse scarring?

I'm starting a new course of fraxel tomorrow and getting worried!

#19 luvskincare13

luvskincare13

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 March 2010 - 10:36 AM

I am afraid of laser because I am afraid it could make things worse or do nothing but drain my bank account. And really worried I could end up with worse hyperpigmentation.