Wondering about redness.

4 replies to this topic

#1 Sai

Sai

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 July 2004 - 01:20 AM

Hello, everyone! smile.gif I'm Sai, just some vagabond who happened to come across acne.org while surfing the web. After dealing with my own acne for the past six years, I can understand how everyone here is sick of experiencing it; but that's beside the point. Anyway, I have been trying several things for my own acne as of late (pardon the way in which I put this--I'm not accustomed to the normal way its done here):

1.) Whiteheads, cysts, blackheads, pustules, nodules, cease to exist on my skin; as do papules, for the most part.
2.) The main concern I have with my face is two things:
a.) a large amount of redness covering all of my face save for around my eyes and mouth.
b.) odd discolored 'specks' of presumably dead skin which seems to build up around my nose, back cheeks (close to my ears) and forehead. I'm not sure quite what this is, and there isn't a heavy concentration; but still enough to become noticeable--especially when I am in water: my skin seems to build up more of this substance during that time.

I have tried several ways to get rid of my acne, and--for the most part--have been very successful (excluding the before mentioned problems). Here is what I have done so far:

1.) Completely restricted my sugar intake. (I have pretty much just been eating a few things: hotdogs (occassionally, though I think this may contribute to my skin), rice (white, though brown when I can get it), wheat bread, and some fruits (bananas, apples). I only drink water now.)
2.) Bathed and shampooed every day. I have long hair, so I make extra certain that it is well cleaned.
3.) Applied bp (9% cleanser) to my face once a day (after I take my shower) in a pea-sized amount. (I tried using a larger dosage to begin with, but quit after increased redness; looking back, I wonder if this was not a mistake.)

It has been several months now, and I still have quite the excessive amount of redness (sometimes I wonder if my face is not getting even more red). Also, I have been having an increased amount of tiny reddish bumps on my face. I am beginning to worry that if I don't get this stuff treated soon, I will be left with very distasteful scarring. I am currently looking to get in to see a dermatologist as soon as possible, but I wanted to see if any of you had any suggests/comments/etc. that you might be willing to share. (Particularly concerning things I could eat/drink that would help with the redness.)

Anyway, thanks for your time and I hope to hear from you soon!

#2 MechE06

MechE06

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 July 2004 - 10:41 AM

QUOTE(Sai @ Jul 16 2004, 12:07 AM)
1.) Whiteheads, cysts, blackheads, pustules, nodules, cease to exist on my skin; as do papules, for the most part.
2.) The main concern I have with my face is two things:
a.) a large amount of redness covering all of my face save for around my eyes and mouth.

If you don't have any bumps and redness everywhere, I think you have rosacea. Unless you're referring to large clusters of red marks from old breakouts, which I don't think you are.

b.) odd discolored 'specks' of presumably dead skin which seems to build up around my nose, back cheeks (close to my ears) and forehead.  I'm not sure quite what this is, and there isn't a heavy concentration; but still enough to become noticeable--especially when I am in water: my skin seems to build up more of this substance during that time.

I'm not sure what about this, but maybe you can try exfoliating to get rid of the dead skin?

#3 BelowZerO

BelowZerO

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:hmm

Posted 16 July 2004 - 04:01 PM

have you used any harsh products over long periods of time.. like gels, creams or cleansers?... if so, they could be the cause of the redness

#4 Sai

Sai

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 July 2004 - 04:51 PM

Nope.

#5 Makaveli

Makaveli

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 July 2004 - 08:18 PM

I am experiencing the same thing right now.. bad case of acne the past year.. Taking anti's right now so active acne is minimal, but red marks in areas make it look bad.. I'd go to the derm, he may prescribe something like Retin-A which should reduce the redness over a period of time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users