Does liver flushing and natural treatments work?
Posted 15 July 2004 - 10:35 PM
I've been reading many posts both on this site and curezone.com that claim that the way to "cure" acne is through bowel cleansing, parasite cleansing, and liver flushing, etc. These natural treatments seem odd to some and scare others. What I'm wondering, like i'm sure many others also are, is whether or not these treatments work.
To those who have participated in these natural treatments, please post your results. Has your acne disapeared? How do you feel? Thanks
Posted 16 July 2004 - 12:07 AM
Stage 1 (Treatment):
* (Daily) Isocare Skin Control Cleanser, Dream Products Customized Natural Face Lotion & Coppertone Sport Spray Sunscreen (mixed)
* (Sporadically) spot treat w/ anti-inflammatory (neosporin, hydrocortisone, salicylic acid) or a skin lightener (post-inflammatory pigmentation) to treat stubborn cystic/nodular acne that appears due to unknowingly or knowingly ingesting a food/ingredient that breaks me out (I do my best to avoid these foods). If you cover treated area w/ a bandaid, it makes product more effective.
Stage 2 (Prevention): "cheapest" method ~ Since Aug. 2002
* Follow a Gluten-Free, Trans-Fat Free, Dairy-Free and No Added Sugar diet for my Insulin Resistance/Hyperandrogenism (Silent Chronic Inflammatory Syndrome)
* Avoid ALL types of nuts and the Genus Prunus (almonds, plums, peaches, nectarines, apricots, cherries), Bananas, Pineapples, Cottonseed oil, Artificial Sweetners.
Stage 3 (Correction):
* 1/18/08 Ultimate Colon Cleanse (30 day program)
* Developing functional foods for those with acne & other special needs (assuming there's a defficiency).
* Developing good & "safe" formulas for various hormonal issues for women. Correction stage may resolve this for some.
Posted 16 July 2004 - 06:30 AM
Posted 19 July 2004 - 06:08 AM
Posted 21 July 2004 - 08:35 PM
Posted 21 July 2004 - 09:05 PM
Posted 21 July 2004 - 09:10 PM
Posted 21 July 2004 - 09:13 PM
Posted 21 July 2004 - 09:57 PM
Posted 21 July 2004 - 10:26 PM
Posted 21 July 2004 - 10:53 PM
I don't critisize natural therapy at all. I credit my acne going away doing something very similar to what you've found works for you and I complete can understand that it works. Liverflushing, though, is simply not based in enough fact for me to not want to laugh when someone says "Oh yeah, you're 16 but your liver is DEFINITELY super congested." If that was true - we wouldn't live acne free lives at 90.
I let everyone have their opinion, I don't call anyone dumb for believing what they want. I simply am the other side that says I don't believe it does a thing.
Posted 21 July 2004 - 11:07 PM
Posted 22 July 2004 - 12:02 AM
Posted 22 July 2004 - 01:18 AM
My acne went away when I started drinking like 4 liters of water a day. I had mild when I was 15 and I was on the road a lot so I thought, "Ok, how about I try random creams" and it got worse until I said, "Fuck it. I'll just hydrate." I stopped BP and started drinking water and it went away.
Posted 22 July 2004 - 09:14 AM
Posted 22 July 2004 - 10:21 AM
Posted 23 July 2004 - 02:38 AM