Photo

Does liver flushing and natural treatments work?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
17 replies to this topic

#1 El Sol

El Sol

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 July 2004 - 10:35 PM

Hey,

I've been reading many posts both on this site and curezone.com that claim that the way to "cure" acne is through bowel cleansing, parasite cleansing, and liver flushing, etc. These natural treatments seem odd to some and scare others. What I'm wondering, like i'm sure many others also are, is whether or not these treatments work.

To those who have participated in these natural treatments, please post your results. Has your acne disapeared? How do you feel? Thanks

El Sol

#2 SweetJade1980

SweetJade1980

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 July 2004 - 12:07 AM

Liver flushing is a very hot topic on this board. Yet the one thing that it at the very least does is flush toxins to some degree. While the stones theory is constantly debated, how does one disprove the parasites, that are visible to the naked eye, that are being flushed as well?
These are not steps, but stages some people progress through when going from conventional to holistic medicine. Stage 2 is how I became 99%+ Clear, eliminated my dysmennorhea, significantly reduced my sebum & pore size, etc & is my predominant method.

Stage 1 (Treatment):
* (Daily) Isocare Skin Control Cleanser, Dream Products Customized Natural Face Lotion & Coppertone Sport Spray Sunscreen (mixed)
* (Sporadically) spot treat w/ anti-inflammatory (neosporin, hydrocortisone, salicylic acid) or a skin lightener (post-inflammatory pigmentation) to treat stubborn cystic/nodular acne that appears due to unknowingly or knowingly ingesting a food/ingredient that breaks me out (I do my best to avoid these foods). If you cover treated area w/ a bandaid, it makes product more effective.

Stage 2 (Prevention): "cheapest" method ~ Since Aug. 2002
* Follow a Gluten-Free, Trans-Fat Free, Dairy-Free and No Added Sugar diet for my Insulin Resistance/Hyperandrogenism (Silent Chronic Inflammatory Syndrome)
* Avoid ALL types of nuts and the Genus Prunus (almonds, plums, peaches, nectarines, apricots, cherries), Bananas, Pineapples, Cottonseed oil, Artificial Sweetners.

Stage 3 (Correction):
* 1/18/08 Ultimate Colon Cleanse (30 day program)

Research:
* Developing functional foods for those with acne & other special needs (assuming there's a defficiency).
* Developing good & "safe" formulas for various hormonal issues for women. Correction stage may resolve this for some.

#3 Nico

Nico

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 July 2004 - 06:30 AM

For me, it wasn't a placebo, and it worked pretty good for red marks. Some marks that have been there for at least one year disapeared in just 2 weeks! Liver flushes are great and everybody should at least try them.

#4 mischief2

mischief2

miss kitty fantastico

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 July 2004 - 06:08 AM

I'm on a liver flush this week so I'll let you know. wink.gif First time I did a sort of semi liver flush my skin was clear for 2 weeks. If nothing at all, it makes you feel really good to detox. I think it's a very good idea for acne sufferers, but each to their own.
"We come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly." - Sam Keen

#5 Scotty_G

Scotty_G

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 July 2004 - 08:35 PM

Ya it kicks butt! I'm going for number 6 this weekend. I think i'm going to schedule a colonic after also smile.gif

#6 sadcaroline

sadcaroline

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 July 2004 - 09:05 PM

i am going to do my first liver flush this weekend, and im just curious, how long does it take to notice results?
[image removed by sigbot--see board rules] Country music makes me horny

#7 Johnjoz

Johnjoz

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 July 2004 - 09:10 PM

how does one do a liver flush?
[image removed by sigbot--see board rules]

#8 sadcaroline

sadcaroline

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 July 2004 - 09:13 PM

john, go to www.curezone.com , there should be loads of infromation there.. basically you drink certain mixtures/ an occasionally eat certain things, which cause you to pass little 'stones' of toxins. an once u do that alot of people notice results in acne, marks, an over all health.

#9 BenKweller

BenKweller

Veteran Member

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 July 2004 - 09:57 PM

IMO, it's a placebo that will do no good except make you waste oil and spend a few days hungry and affected by nausea.

#10 sadcaroline

sadcaroline

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 July 2004 - 10:26 PM

ben, not to be rude, but when did you do a liver flush? and why do you always have to criticize everyone doing 'natural' therapies ?(i have read many of your posts in thsi section) i mean just because people have different opinions on stuff doesnt mean we all cant just get along- caroline

#11 BenKweller

BenKweller

Veteran Member

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 July 2004 - 10:53 PM

Caro,

I don't critisize natural therapy at all. I credit my acne going away doing something very similar to what you've found works for you and I complete can understand that it works. Liverflushing, though, is simply not based in enough fact for me to not want to laugh when someone says "Oh yeah, you're 16 but your liver is DEFINITELY super congested." If that was true - we wouldn't live acne free lives at 90.

I let everyone have their opinion, I don't call anyone dumb for believing what they want. I simply am the other side that says I don't believe it does a thing.

#12 sadcaroline

sadcaroline

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 July 2004 - 11:07 PM

i do see your point now ben, sorry for jumping down your throat.lol.. smile.gif

#13 malia

malia

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 July 2004 - 11:17 PM

benkweller,

what did you do to get rid of acne?

#14 Lumas

Lumas

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 July 2004 - 12:02 AM

Yes, people dont have acne when their 90 because their hormones are not running wild still. When your 16 or even in your 20's some peoples hormones levels are out of control. With a liver that is congested your body cannot regulate these hormones. Thats why people say liver flushing is good, even if your 16.

#15 BenKweller

BenKweller

Veteran Member

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 July 2004 - 01:18 AM

If hormones are messed up because of a congested liver, why would it suddenly become uncongested with age? Acne should get worse if you live by that theory.

My acne went away when I started drinking like 4 liters of water a day. I had mild when I was 15 and I was on the road a lot so I thought, "Ok, how about I try random creams" and it got worse until I said, "Fuck it. I'll just hydrate." I stopped BP and started drinking water and it went away.

Good times.

#16 Lumas

Lumas

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 July 2004 - 09:14 AM

If your acne has been away for so long why are you still on this board. Why dont you post the things you went through and what worked, and what didnt. Why not help other people. All you do is seem to do is deny peoples theories on liver flushing. Why dont you start a thread and actually help people "cure" their acne.

#17 BenKweller

BenKweller

Veteran Member

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 July 2004 - 10:21 AM

I've posted dozens of times what worked for me; stopping the use of chemicals and just drinking lots of H2O. I stay on the boards because I'm on the road and get bored; but it's like revisiting my childhood to go on this board.

#18 sadcaroline

sadcaroline

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 July 2004 - 02:38 AM

i can really relate to ben, the power of water (at specific intervals in my case wink.gif ) is amazing...