Photo

Severe cysts on Just left hand side of face :-(

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 rachuk

rachuk

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 March 2010 - 03:24 AM

Pls I really hope someone can help!!

I am nearly 27 and still battling with cystic acne...I feel so depressed about it and have no self esteem anymore.

My battles began at 17...I tried every antibiotic...cream...potion etc so derm put me on accutane which cleared me for 4 yrs...however since 21 the spots have slowly started to come back.

My situation at the moment is that just the left side of my face is suffering from cysts whistling.gif( This side of my face is becomming more and more scared which to be looks stupid as the right side is absolutally clear! I change my pillow case every other day and am using benzoyl peroxide and garnier exfoliating wash!!

Pls if someone can shed any light on this, I would really appreciate it, as I have yet to see a light at the end of a tunnell after 10 yrs of suffering.

Thanks

#2 Joe Zit

Joe Zit

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 March 2010 - 06:09 AM

Please see a derm and consider a second round of accutane\ which is not uncommon.

Joe Zit

#3 kforkate

kforkate

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 March 2010 - 04:23 PM

so strange because i have recently started to have the same problem. my face it relatively clear now, but over the past 2 months i have had 4-5 cysts show up on my left cheek. my chin also broke out but cleared up really fast so that didn't bother me much, but my left cheek is still acting up. i wonder if it could just be some kind of hormone imbalance?

#4 rachuk

rachuk

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 March 2010 - 04:44 AM

Hmmmm it is very strange...glad 2 know I am not the only 1! My chin sometimes breaks out 2...but left cheek is a nightmare...thing is it looks so weird! My right cheek is absolutally clear!!

I started back on benzoyl peroxide a week and a half ago, but has made no difference at all!

Thanks 4 the replies

#5 kforkate

kforkate

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 March 2010 - 08:05 AM

i don't think there is anything that will help just after a week, that would be a miracle! have you ever used honey on your spots? it can help with inflammation. i also forgot to mention that my spots are all in a line down my cheek which makes it look even weirder! are yours in random places or form some kind of shape?

#6 Busty StClaire

Busty StClaire

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 March 2010 - 12:13 PM

I'm glad to know that I'M not the only one with this WEIRD problem.
I have them on the right side of my face.
I have never had acne in my life, except a few occasional break outs around my period, and that was always around my mouth.
When out of no where about 2 years ago, I got a cyst on my cheek just below my eye. It was red and swollen, and I never messed with it. I finally went to the dermo, and got it injected with cortisone. I didn't see it again for about a year. Then again 6 months later. And then 3 months later, until now, where it swells up about a week after the injection. My face has scarred really bad on that side of my face from all of the injections. And just in the last week, I have developed 2 more of these little bastards right around the same area. Which then causes me to stress out so much from looking like a mutant, that now my face is broken out around my mouth all the time. My acne isn't severe, I just have 3 SEVERE cysts. A never ending cycle that is so painful...physically and emotionally. I am now on day 10 of Accutane, and drying out like crazy.
I'm afraid that I have tried EVERYTHING for these horrible monsters living inside of us, and nothing has seemed to help. So maybe another round of the Accutane is your option.
But as for the time being, the only time I find any relief is with a hot compress a few times a day. It definitely eases the pain...well, at least for a little bit.
Just always remember...
You are your biggest critic.
I'm sure it isn't as bad as you feel it is, and most people don't even pay attention. And if they do, they aren't thinking anything horrible, like you may feel they are.
The self esteem issue has been my biggest one. And going from being a vein, extremely confident person to this recluse who hides her face, and wont go out with friends anymore has been the most difficult thing in my life. I'm such a different person now, and I will never be my old self again, even if my skin clears up.
But I think that in the end, its a good thing.
Look at this as a huge lesson in life.

Edited by Busty StClaire, 19 March 2010 - 12:14 PM.

#7 rachuk

rachuk

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 March 2010 - 03:10 PM

Thanks for all your replies....Accutane worked great for me the first time...but I more worried this time as I am older, and can remember the bad excema I got when using it...but anything for me I suppose is better than these cysts which itch really bad sometimes!!

They are in like a circle....so strange...had one large cyst the other night which was itchy...then 3 more smaller ones appeared in a circle...always the same places at the same time on the left cheek!

#8 Katlouise01

Katlouise01

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 March 2010 - 09:07 AM

This is exactly how my acne was, my left cheek has always been more or less clear, but the right side of my face on my cheek i was always getting big painful cysts and pustules, it looked so weird!! I was prescribed Zineryt lotion when my skin first started to break out 2 and a half years ago (i'm 23 now) which done nothing, i was then prescribed Tetralysal which i used for a year, which i would say cleared my skin by about 50%...

After 2 months wait i finally got an appointment with a Dermatologist, who put me on a course of Oxytetracycline in February this year, and using Retin-A Gel every morning and night..... and i have to say for the first time since my acne started, my skin is smooth and clear! I was getting to the stage where i thought the only thing that would work would be Accutane, which i really wasnt keen on going on, so i am SO happy that Oxy and Retin-a gel is working for me!

My right cheek is completely smooth, with only the red marks left, which i know will take a while to fade.

But so far so goof, my face i would say is now 90% clear biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

#9 Panic!!

Panic!!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 March 2010 - 12:47 PM

I'd ditch that exfoliating wash.... 99% of the over the counter exfoliating stuff is extremely harsh on your skin even if you don't feel it. It strips your natural oils and creates the perfect environment for break outs.

Also do you tend to sleep on one side as opposed to the other? I've heard that people who are prone to break outs sometimes realize they bury their face in the pillow on one side. I'm thinking that if your face wash is irritating your skin and then you sleep on that side more than the other it could be causing your break outs.

Also you might want to check out the holistic board and see if your diet is causing it. Have you made any changes to your diet? Do you eat healthy? What about your stress levels?

PANIC