Cancer + Clear Skin???

4 replies to this topic

#1 zazu

zazu

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 July 2004 - 12:22 PM

A relative of mine has been diagnosed recently with cancer and he has done all the steps up to the point where hes now in remisson. I am yet to se him since he was diagnosed however my mother saw him last nite and said that as a result of one of the treatments he has amazingly clear skin now, REALY CLEAN AND FRESH apparently.?! Iwas wondering if any of you knew what the treatment was that did this (not that I wanna do it) just that i am totally drawn in with interest into the casues of it......

#2 evigrex

evigrex

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Music, weightlifting, baseball, women

Posted 15 July 2004 - 02:31 PM

Loss of bloodflow to the skin due to treatment? Maybe a shift in hormonal balance? Who knows, but cancer meds do wreak havoc on the endocrine system and usually cause permanant changes, so its nothing to mess with.

On a side note, when I was younger I had a baaad case of food poisoning - I woke up the morning after with my heart rating a million mph, sweating like crazy yet felt really cold, and vomiting everywhere. You'd think this wouldn't be helpful to acne, but my skin was totally clear while i Was dealing with it (I was out of commission for about a week). I think its something to do with a loss of bloodflow to the skin that caused this...but when I recovered the acne came back pretty bad

#3 torbosk

torbosk

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 July 2004 - 03:09 PM

Maybe because they give her a lot of antibiotics. When you get cancer, and chemotherapy your immune system weakens. Maybe the doctors give her strong antibiotics so she doesnt get another disease.
I'm not an expert at this, so this is just a thought.

#4 flipside

flipside

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 July 2004 - 03:16 PM

I think its something to do with a loss of bloodflow to the skin that caused this...but when I recovered the acne came back pretty bad

evigrex, that makes perfect sense. lack of blood flow would have allowed the bacteria to set up camp without much immune response. when normal blood flow is reestablished, your immune system returns and is like "what the hell... who let these fuckers in?". then the war begins.

#5 natoooo

natoooo

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 July 2004 - 08:51 AM

yeah acctually the cancer treatment does give him clear skin...ex i knew a kid who had cancer in school clear skin then 2 months later his skin got back to being normal acne and stuff...so go ahead and get cancer+treaments --;;

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users