Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

zazu

Cancer + Clear Skin???

5 posts in this topic

A relative of mine has been diagnosed recently with cancer and he has done all the steps up to the point where hes now in remisson. I am yet to se him since he was diagnosed however my mother saw him last nite and said that as a result of one of the treatments he has amazingly clear skin now, REALY CLEAN AND FRESH apparently.?! Iwas wondering if any of you knew what the treatment was that did this (not that I wanna do it) just that i am totally drawn in with interest into the casues of it......

Loss of bloodflow to the skin due to treatment? Maybe a shift in hormonal balance? Who knows, but cancer meds do wreak havoc on the endocrine system and usually cause permanant changes, so its nothing to mess with.

On a side note, when I was younger I had a baaad case of food poisoning - I woke up the morning after with my heart rating a million mph, sweating like crazy yet felt really cold, and vomiting everywhere. You'd think this wouldn't be helpful to acne, but my skin was totally clear while i Was dealing with it (I was out of commission for about a week). I think its something to do with a loss of bloodflow to the skin that caused this...but when I recovered the acne came back pretty bad

before you judge me take a look at you

can't you find something better to do

point the finger, slow to understand

arrogance and ignorance go hand in hand

- Metallica, "holier than thou"

I think its something to do with a loss of bloodflow to the skin that caused this...but when I recovered the acne came back pretty bad

yeah acctually the cancer treatment does give him clear skin...ex i knew a kid who had cancer in school clear skin then 2 months later his skin got back to being normal acne and stuff...so go ahead and get cancer+treaments --;;