Photo

Petition for Dan to find cheaper distribution alternative for UK customers

united kingdom britain

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
66 replies to this topic

#1 Azula

Azula

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 March 2010 - 03:02 AM

Most UK customers on here will have experienced the extortionate shipping fee, combined with the usual tax sting and excessive delays (not the fault of Acne.org, but due to customs taking their time).

I love the regimen, I really do; however, the heavy costs have certainly put me off. I've emailed Dan quite a few times requesting change, but to no avail. I believe that finding a cheaper distribution alternative would not only be excellent for Acne.org's UK customers (and retain their custom) but also extend Acne.org into the lucrative UK acne market.

So sign (post in this thread) this petition and express your views.

Edited by Azula, 11 April 2010 - 01:03 AM.

#2 Chikorita

Chikorita

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 March 2010 - 03:17 AM

Don't you have BP in the UK?

#3 Azula

Azula

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 March 2010 - 11:52 PM

QUOTE (Chikorita @ Mar 10 2010, 03:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Don't you have BP in the UK?

Of course, but nothing I have personally tried is as light, sensitive on the skin and effective as the Acne.org treatment. And you can also buy it in the large tubs; whereas, most BP comes in small tubes.

#4 Chikorita

Chikorita

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 March 2010 - 03:46 AM

Oh, ok. I never used Dan's BP, how does it compare to something like Panoxyl?

#5 dirtbomb

dirtbomb

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 March 2010 - 08:33 AM

Dan's BP is about a million times better than Panoxyl in every way. I had been using Panoxyl for about a year before I finally got to try Dan's BP just a month ago or so, and I was shocked. Now as soon as I get more of his stuff I'm never ever using Panoxyl again. It's just such a huge difference. And I honestly used to think Panoxyl was a really good choice since so many other brands suck even more. Crazy! Panoxyl is terribly drying. It makes my face red, even after a year on the Regimen, and flaky. After applying Dan's BP my face is almost not tight at all, while with Panoxyl I can barely open my mouth (which is why I'm now using a lot of jojoba oil before BP when I'm using Panoxyl). I seriously never thought it was gonna be possible to use a BP that hardly makes your face dry. It's amazing, and it almost feels like water when you apply it, it's so smooth and wonderful.

I know I sound like a salesman but seriously I just really love this product and wish I knew about it's awesomeness earlier. I have been importing Panoxyl from the UK to the European country which I live in for a long time now because I thought it was much cheaper than getting Dan's stuff from the US, but with shipping and all it's basically the same cost. Panoxyl is actually not cheap at all, especially not when you think about how much it sucks. Still it is the best option after Dan's I think.

So yeah, please get a UK distributor or some other European one so that I can import BP from there instead. boogie.gif

#6 Chikorita

Chikorita

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 March 2010 - 08:37 AM

I'm intrigued. Perhaps I should give Dan's brand a try...

#7 dirtbomb

dirtbomb

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 March 2010 - 08:44 AM

Do it!

My face feels so wonderful today. I'm not used to this at all. Fuck Panoxyl. I applied the full amount of BP in the morning and then one pump of moisturizer. Both were Dan's products. No jojoba oil at all, yet my face seriously feels like it does without any products on it at all. It's so wonderful! I've been feeling really tight and had flakes for a year and just generally hated being on the Regimen. Now I finally understand why folks like Dan and the rest don't mind being on the Regimen. With the right products it's really not tough at all. Well except for the bleaching factor and all that crap but whatever...

I'm enlightened... haha.

Edited by dirtbomb, 11 March 2010 - 08:45 AM.

#8 Chikorita

Chikorita

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 March 2010 - 09:52 AM

Oh god, the bleaching. I've lost count how many t shirts/bed sheets/other articles of clothing i've ruined because of the stuff, most recently a t shirt I got as a birthday present not so long ago, was soooo mad eusa_wall.gif lol.

If I remember correctly I actually managed to bleach my eyebrows a weird ginger color, that was quite a surprise I have to say.

I used BP on it's own on the advice of my GP, I didn't know about the moisturising aspect until I found this site, my face turned to dragon scales thanks to the dryness - it was worse than the acne in some ways.

#9 dirtbomb

dirtbomb

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 March 2010 - 10:26 AM

Yeah the bleaching is fucking horrible but I've gotten somewhat used to it. It takes some time to really incorporate the Regimen into your life completely. You learn tricks along the way for sure, and Dan has lots of good advice on this website for avoiding bleaching and all that stuff.

My eyebrows were heavily bleached when I was new to the Regimen and not careful enough when applying BP. Now they're only slightly bleached closest to the nose because I still have a hard time getting the BP on in that area without touching them. The hair on my head will also get bleached if BP touches it. I've been told people with light hair get it bleached much easier and that explains why my hair almost turns white from BP contact.

All this shit is still better than moderate-severe acne so whatever. I'm just glad I'm clear.

#10 Chikorita

Chikorita

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 March 2010 - 10:30 AM

If you ever get concerned about the state of your eyebrows then lightly dab some dark eyeliner (not black) over the affected areas. You can also use it to create new eyebrows if you get bored of your current ones tongue.gif

#11 WelshLad

WelshLad

Fighting It All The Way!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 March 2010 - 06:45 PM

Yes PLEASE distribute in the UK. There's so much market over here for your product it would do so well... and save us all a FORTUNE on shipping costs smile.gif

I'd be more than interested in helping in anyway I could.. you know, being in the UK and all lol.

smile.gif

#12 mds-pi

mds-pi

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 March 2010 - 09:19 AM

I've got some quick questions for anyone who has ordered dan's regimen for delivery to the uk:

1. Does it come packaged and labelled as acne.org? Because i don't think i could face the embarrassment of my parents getting to it before me..=/
2. How long does it usually take to arrive?

Thanks.

#13 c'est la vigne

c'est la vigne

All aboard the nekobus!!!

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 14
About Me

Posted 26 March 2010 - 09:23 AM

QUOTE (mds-pi @ Mar 26 2010, 10:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've got some quick questions for anyone who has ordered dan's regimen for delivery to the uk:

1. Does it come packaged and labelled as acne.org? Because i don't think i could face the embarrassment of my parents getting to it before me..=/
2. How long does it usually take to arrive?

Thanks.

From Customer Support on danielkern.com:
How are the packages marked?

The packages are shipped using plain packaging with a return address that only mentions DanielKern.com, no references to acne show on the outside of the package.

This applies to international customers as well as US customers.

#14 mds-pi

mds-pi

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 March 2010 - 10:04 AM

thanks for the info.

i support this petition smile.gif

Edited by mds-pi, 26 March 2010 - 10:07 AM.

#15 pompeydan

pompeydan

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 March 2010 - 03:03 PM

Agreed! I am always hesitant to order anything from the US due to problems with customs etc. Never had any problems myself because never risked it.

Do many people order from the UK and find it OK?

Definitely support this petition, would love to be able to order Dan's products biggrin.gif

#16 Az112

Az112

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 March 2010 - 03:39 PM

I agree that dan's regimen is a bit on the expensive side when it comes to shipping, because I have to pay around £15 for customs charge on top of the shipping and how much the items cost which is rediculus.

#17 rutho

rutho

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 April 2010 - 03:59 AM

Yes, please Dan, please please please find a distributor or whatever so that we can have your wonderful products available here in Europe too. Or tell us how we can go about making the product here ourselves cos it's so expensive having it shipped from the US and with custom charges too, it puts us off wanting to order it. I live in Ireland and I would buy it from the UK if it was available there.

And please please more people sign this petition so we can get Dan's attention. Thank you.

Edited by rutho, 01 April 2010 - 04:01 AM.

#18 OOTB

OOTB

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 April 2010 - 07:02 AM

Dito, Please Dan...

#19 paul

paul

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 April 2010 - 05:20 AM

I support this petition

#20 Dan

Dan

Administrator

• Admin
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 4
About Me

Achievements

Posted 12 April 2010 - 01:06 PM

Thanks you guys. I hear you for sure. This is on our long term list of things to do. It's not going to be possible in the short term, but I want to look into it closely in the future. In the meantime, to get less expensive shipping, consider ordering more each time and spacing out your orders.