1 reply to this topic

#1 tree23

tree23

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 2
About Me

Posted 06 March 2010 - 10:10 AM

I'm wondering what kind of teas and herbs other people here drink?
I have developed a tea infatuation over the last few months. I didn't start drinking it for acne or any health benefits, but I can't help noticing all the claims some people and brands have made. Or the teas in the vitamin shop that say they are for 'glowing' skin...

As far as actual teas (like from the camellia sinensis plant), I stick to white and green. Black is just too much caffeine, and its most processed.
I also like rooibos "red tea" and tulsi, which technically aren't teas.
As far as herbs, I've been making blends with dandelion root, burdock root, licorice root, chamomile, ginger root, hibiscus flowers, and the rooibos.

I have read a lot about the benefits of these teas and herbs, but I will wait to write more about them until I find some of the sources. I've noticed how much people on here like sources! In the meantime, I would really like to hear from other people! lets talk tea!

I couldn't tell you if they are making a difference in my skin, because I am doing many other things at the same time. I can tell you that this is a very relaxing habit, and winding down for a few minutes every now and then with a cup of low or no-caffeine helps me destress, which certainly has its benefits!! Also, when I occasionally make a home-made mask, I will brew a cup of tea with very little water, and add a few drops to my mask.

#2 jimbod2

jimbod2

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 March 2010 - 10:37 AM

Hi,

I pretty well enjoy the same teas you do.

You may want to try Green (raw) Puerh and Green Ooolong they are also very enjoyable. If you haven't tried green rooibos I feel that the taste is better than red rooibos (just my opinion).

Enjoy your tea

Edited by jimbod2, 06 March 2010 - 10:39 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users