This topic is archived.
259 replies to this topic

#21 White Fox

White Fox

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 March 2010 - 04:08 AM

On a side note I will also add to everyone that's thinking about doing anti-candida to look into leaky gut syndrome. The two seems to be closely related and after the first month on anti-candida diet I will also try to do something about the leaky gut.

#22 White Fox

White Fox

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 March 2010 - 05:47 AM

My skin seems to be doing pretty good even though I still get some breakouts. My digestion is in a bad mood today and that's really fucked up since I haven't eaten anything different that might have aggrevated it.

Breakfast:
Cauliflower
3 onions
3 carrots
400 grams oragnic beef
butter
oregano/basil/salt/pepper
Garlic/ginger

Attached Thumbnails

• Breakfast16march2010.jpg

Edited by White Fox, 16 March 2010 - 05:47 AM.

#23 TalkingMonkey

TalkingMonkey

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 March 2010 - 04:18 PM

How long are you planning to keep this up, beforing transitioning back to a more "normal" diet?

I'm thinking about 10 weeks as a testing period - if I'm not seeing any improvements during this time, then sadly I gotta give it up.

#24 White Fox

White Fox

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 March 2010 - 03:18 AM

QUOTE (TalkingMonkey @ Mar 16 2010, 04:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How long are you planning to keep this up, beforing transitioning back to a more "normal" diet?

I'm thinking about 10 weeks as a testing period - if I'm not seeing any improvements during this time, then sadly I gotta give it up.

Agreed, I'm thinking something like 3 months, slowly adding in more supplements. Whether I continue the diet after that depens on the results.

Edit: Also I'm considering quitting the Psyllium Husk as I think it might be causing some digestive issues.

Edited by White Fox, 17 March 2010 - 03:46 AM.

#25 TalkingMonkey

TalkingMonkey

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 March 2010 - 04:28 PM

I've heard someone on the primal diet describe psyllium husks as "garbage".

And another guy said:

"Taking psyllium husk is a two-headed dagger towards yeast/fungus infection. Candida thrives on putrefying, slowly-digesting food, the faster it digests, the more difficult it is for Candida to feed off of it. The Psyllium husks are rather hard and thick and as they move through the digestive system, they scrape the inner walls, not extremely hard, but enough to pry things like toxins and the very Candida fungus which love to live in those areas."

I don't know.

I started talking them 2 weeks ago and don't seem to have any major problems...

#26 436

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 March 2010 - 04:51 PM

SO talkingmonkey is Psyllium husks good to take for candida?

#27 TalkingMonkey

TalkingMonkey

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 March 2010 - 11:00 AM

QUOTE (436 @ Mar 17 2010, 10:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
SO talkingmonkey is Psyllium husks good to take for candida?

Well, like I said, I don't know.

There's conflicting advice out there. In my post above I showed that one guy rejects them and another supports them.

#28 White Fox

White Fox

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 March 2010 - 12:22 PM

Most of the info I've read on candida says Psyllium Husk is actually good, but I guess you just have to listen to your body and for me soluble fiber tends to be a problem. I remember oats always causing problems for me when I used to eat it for breakfast. I think I'm going to buy some FOS(fructo-oligo saccharides) which is a good prebiotic.

Still doing good on the diet. For people on anti-candida I would really recommend coconuts and avocados. The diet includes a lot of meat/fish which takes time to prepare in the kitchen, but avocados and coconuts are great for a quick breakfast or for lunch when you don't have time to prepare a solid meal. Also, if you have problems getting enough calories in you should go hard on the extra virgin olive oil.

#29 TalkingMonkey

TalkingMonkey

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 March 2010 - 03:51 PM

White Fox are you strictly off the alcohol?

I haven't touched a drop in about 3 months, maybe longer.

I hate going into a bar and ordering water, while my friends are drinking beer and slagging me off.

#30 White Fox

White Fox

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 March 2010 - 04:49 AM

QUOTE (TalkingMonkey @ Mar 18 2010, 04:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
White Fox are you strictly off the alcohol?

I haven't touched a drop in about 3 months, maybe longer.

I hate going into a bar and ordering water, while my friends are drinking beer and slagging me off.

Yes, In this beginning phase on the diet I'm strictly off alcohol. However, when the summer comes and espescially august when I'm going back to school it will definitely be more alcohol. However, I try to learn to have fun without it. Just to get that "buzz" or good feeling without alcohol is great, but it isn't always easy.

From what I've read and understand you should probably be best of drinking hard liquor or wine. Beer is not the best option for us anti-candida people.

#31 TalkingMonkey

TalkingMonkey

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 March 2010 - 11:18 AM

I came across a thread on another forum, and nearly hurled while reading it. Like a good samaritan, I'm going to forward it on

http://forum.bodybui...php?t=111971151

It was originally from these forums apparently. Warning: Includes nasty parasites.

#32 White Fox

White Fox

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 March 2010 - 12:51 PM

QUOTE (TalkingMonkey @ Mar 20 2010, 12:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I came across a thread on another forum, and nearly hurled while reading it. Like a good samaritan, I'm going to forward it on

http://forum.bodybui...php?t=111971151

It was originally from these forums apparently. Warning: Includes nasty parasites.

So you read the bodybuilding.com forums too:)

Yes, I remember reading about the cofee enemas a while back on the acne.org, but the thread was erased
The entire thing was a little to insane for me, but I will add it to my to do list for things to try in the future if this candida/leaky gut thing doesn't work out.

On topic: I'm doing good at the moment and as of today I started taking FOS(Fructo Oligo-saccharides) which supposedly nourishes the good bacteria in the digestive tract.

Edit: Holy shit, the video in the bodybuilding.com post is disturbing. Wish I never watched that.

Edited by White Fox, 20 March 2010 - 12:58 PM.

#33 TalkingMonkey

TalkingMonkey

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 March 2010 - 02:57 PM

Cool. I must look into supplements more - I'm only taking cod liver oil and zinc... (and psyllium husks).

I'm considering doing a fast for a day.

And yeah, the video is nasty beyond words. Chrriist.

Edited by TalkingMonkey, 20 March 2010 - 02:58 PM.

#34 White Fox

White Fox

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 March 2010 - 03:32 AM

Three weeks:
Acne: Has gotten better during this third week
Digestion: Better, but still some uncomfortable feeling at times. Espescially soluble fiber seems to be causing problems, however I will stick with the FOS for more time before deciding wheter to keep this supplement.
White Coated Tongue: Might be wishful thinking, but I think it has gotten a little better. Still white coating in the morning, but not as much.
Energy: Energy is not a problem, but I'm doing less reps and sets in my current workout regime not to get fatigued.

Breakfast yesterday:
Coconut milk
3 carrots
3 onions
ginger and garlic
oregano

Attached Thumbnails

• breakfast22march2010.jpg

Edited by White Fox, 22 March 2010 - 03:36 AM.

#35 White Fox

White Fox

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 March 2010 - 05:09 AM

I just recieved my long awaited "NOW Candida Clear" and "NOW Olive Leaf Extract" which I will be adding into my diet shortly.

Conserning the Fructo Oligo Saccharides supplement I've been taking together with probiotics I have to say it have noticeably worsened my digestion so far(Feels like there's a war in my stomach at the moment, hope the good guys win) I will however give it some more time because I think it's such an interesting supplement.

Edited by White Fox, 23 March 2010 - 05:22 AM.

#36 White Fox

White Fox

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 March 2010 - 09:03 AM

FOS was causing more harm than good and I might know why:
FOS, or fructooligosaccharides containing fructose in short chains, was one of the pioneer prebiotics going back about 10 years but has a tarnished reputation due to the use of synthetic forms that stimulate non-probiotic, gas producing bacteria.

http://www.fiber-probiotics.com/

I'm still doing good on the diet and especially coconuts has been a perfect and very cheap food for me. Also it contains a lot of calories:)

Edit: Also I stumbled over a product online that might be interesting in the future. Flora Balance

Edited by White Fox, 24 March 2010 - 09:34 AM.

#37 TalkingMonkey

TalkingMonkey

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 March 2010 - 11:14 AM

QUOTE (White Fox @ Mar 24 2010, 03:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
FOS, or fructooligosaccharides containing fructose in short chains, was one of the pioneer prebiotics going back about 10 years but has a tarnished reputation due to the use of synthetic forms that stimulate non-probiotic, gas producing bacteria.

I'm still doing good on the diet and especially coconuts has been a perfect and very cheap food for me. Also it contains a lot of calories:)

Edit: Also I stumbled over a product online that might be interesting in the future. Flora Balance

Cool.

Gonna buy some coconuts next time I'm shopping.

My staple foods are chicken, fish, some beef, and loads of vegetables - especially avocados.

Do you eat the skin of the chicken? Or do you buy it skinless?

#38 White Fox

White Fox

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 March 2010 - 11:20 AM

QUOTE (TalkingMonkey @ Mar 25 2010, 12:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (White Fox @ Mar 24 2010, 03:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Cool.

Gonna buy some coconuts next time I'm shopping.

My staple foods are chicken, fish, some beef, and loads of vegetables - especially avocados.

Do you eat the skin of the chicken? Or do you buy it skinless?

I mostly buy skinless, but sometimes I get the ones with skin. Yes, i love the avocados, but it's so expensive here so I usually have 1 with my meal and some tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil for more calories.

#39 Panic!!

Panic!!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 March 2010 - 02:39 AM

I word of caution on the digestive enzymes; candida species produce an enzyme called Lipase, which ironically is found in nearly EVERY digestive enzyme supplement. I know when I was taking digestive enzymes I was consistently breaking out.

Also when taking Oregeno make sure its Oregeno Vulgare and not marjoram. Chances are if your using the seasoning Oregeno then you've got the wrong one. NOW makes the right kind and I'm sure many other supplement companies do as well.

PANIC

#40 White Fox

White Fox

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 March 2010 - 04:37 AM

QUOTE (Panic!! @ Mar 26 2010, 02:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I word of caution on the digestive enzymes; candida species produce an enzyme called Lipase, which ironically is found in nearly EVERY digestive enzyme supplement. I know when I was taking digestive enzymes I was consistently breaking out.

Also when taking Oregeno make sure its Oregeno Vulgare and not marjoram. Chances are if your using the seasoning Oregeno then you've got the wrong one. NOW makes the right kind and I'm sure many other supplement companies do as well.

PANIC

Hi man!

Thank you for the info. I'm not taking digestive enzymes at the moment, but it has been in the back of my mind regarding things to try. If I however decide to try it I will definitely look for a brand wihout lipase.

Regarding the oregano I am just starting out on a product from NOW called "Candida Clear" because it contains a lot of antifungals(including Oreagano); and I just checked the label and it said Origanum vulgare so I guess I'm good!