Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

White Fox' anti-candida log with pics

261 posts in this topic

SO talkingmonkey is Psyllium husks good to take for candida?

Well, like I said, I don't know.

There's conflicting advice out there. In my post above I showed that one guy rejects them and another supports them.

Most of the info I've read on candida says Psyllium Husk is actually good, but I guess you just have to listen to your body and for me soluble fiber tends to be a problem. I remember oats always causing problems for me when I used to eat it for breakfast. I think I'm going to buy some FOS(fructo-oligo saccharides) which is a good prebiotic.

Still doing good on the diet. For people on anti-candida I would really recommend coconuts and avocados. The diet includes a lot of meat/fish which takes time to prepare in the kitchen, but avocados and coconuts are great for a quick breakfast or for lunch when you don't have time to prepare a solid meal. Also, if you have problems getting enough calories in you should go hard on the extra virgin olive oil.

White Fox are you strictly off the alcohol?

I haven't touched a drop in about 3 months, maybe longer.

I hate going into a bar and ordering water, while my friends are drinking beer and slagging me off.

White Fox are you strictly off the alcohol?

I haven't touched a drop in about 3 months, maybe longer.

I hate going into a bar and ordering water, while my friends are drinking beer and slagging me off.

Yes, In this beginning phase on the diet I'm strictly off alcohol. However, when the summer comes and espescially august when I'm going back to school it will definitely be more alcohol. However, I try to learn to have fun without it. Just to get that "buzz" or good feeling without alcohol is great, but it isn't always easy.

From what I've read and understand you should probably be best of drinking hard liquor or wine. Beer is not the best option for us anti-candida people.

I came across a thread on another forum, and nearly hurled while reading it. Like a good samaritan, I'm going to forward it on

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=111971151

It was originally from these forums apparently. Warning: Includes nasty parasites.

So you read the bodybuilding.com forums too:)

Yes, I remember reading about the cofee enemas a while back on the acne.org, but the thread was erased

The entire thing was a little to insane for me, but I will add it to my to do list for things to try in the future if this candida/leaky gut thing doesn't work out.

On topic: I'm doing good at the moment and as of today I started taking FOS(Fructo Oligo-saccharides) which supposedly nourishes the good bacteria in the digestive tract.

Edit: Holy shit, the video in the bodybuilding.com post is disturbing. Wish I never watched that.

Cool. I must look into supplements more - I'm only taking cod liver oil and zinc... (and psyllium husks).

I'm considering doing a fast for a day.

And yeah, the video is nasty beyond words. Chrriist.

Three weeks:

Acne: Has gotten better during this third week

Digestion: Better, but still some uncomfortable feeling at times. Espescially soluble fiber seems to be causing problems, however I will stick with the FOS for more time before deciding wheter to keep this supplement.

White Coated Tongue: Might be wishful thinking, but I think it has gotten a little better. Still white coating in the morning, but not as much.

Energy: Energy is not a problem, but I'm doing less reps and sets in my current workout regime not to get fatigued.

Breakfast yesterday:

Coconut milk

3 carrots

3 onions

ginger and garlic

oregano

post-64193-1269250554_thumb.jpg

post-64193-1269250554_thumb.jpg

I just recieved my long awaited "NOW Candida Clear" and "NOW Olive Leaf Extract" which I will be adding into my diet shortly.

Conserning the Fructo Oligo Saccharides supplement I've been taking together with probiotics I have to say it have noticeably worsened my digestion so far(Feels like there's a war in my stomach at the moment, hope the good guys win) I will however give it some more time because I think it's such an interesting supplement.

FOS was causing more harm than good and I might know why:

FOS, or fructooligosaccharides containing fructose in short chains, was one of the pioneer prebiotics going back about 10 years but has a tarnished reputation due to the use of synthetic forms that stimulate non-probiotic, gas producing bacteria.

FOS, or fructooligosaccharides containing fructose in short chains, was one of the pioneer prebiotics going back about 10 years but has a tarnished reputation due to the use of synthetic forms that stimulate non-probiotic, gas producing bacteria.

http://www.fiber-probiotics.com/

I'm still doing good on the diet and especially coconuts has been a perfect and very cheap food for me. Also it contains a lot of calories:)

Edit: Also I stumbled over a product online that might be interesting in the future. Flora Balance

Cool.

Gonna buy some coconuts next time I'm shopping.

My staple foods are chicken, fish, some beef, and loads of vegetables - especially avocados.

Do you eat the skin of the chicken? Or do you buy it skinless?

http://www.fiber-probiotics.com/

I'm still doing good on the diet and especially coconuts has been a perfect and very cheap food for me. Also it contains a lot of calories:)

Edit: Also I stumbled over a product online that might be interesting in the future. Flora Balance

Cool.

Gonna buy some coconuts next time I'm shopping.

My staple foods are chicken, fish, some beef, and loads of vegetables - especially avocados.

Do you eat the skin of the chicken? Or do you buy it skinless?

I mostly buy skinless, but sometimes I get the ones with skin. Yes, i love the avocados, but it's so expensive here so I usually have 1 with my meal and some tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil for more calories.

I word of caution on the digestive enzymes; candida species produce an enzyme called Lipase, which ironically is found in nearly EVERY digestive enzyme supplement. I know when I was taking digestive enzymes I was consistently breaking out.

Also when taking Oregeno make sure its Oregeno Vulgare and not marjoram. Chances are if your using the seasoning Oregeno then you've got the wrong one. NOW makes the right kind and I'm sure many other supplement companies do as well.

PANIC

I word of caution on the digestive enzymes; candida species produce an enzyme called Lipase, which ironically is found in nearly EVERY digestive enzyme supplement. I know when I was taking digestive enzymes I was consistently breaking out.

Also when taking Oregeno make sure its Oregeno Vulgare and not marjoram. Chances are if your using the seasoning Oregeno then you've got the wrong one. NOW makes the right kind and I'm sure many other supplement companies do as well.

PANIC

Hi man!

Thank you for the info. I'm not taking digestive enzymes at the moment, but it has been in the back of my mind regarding things to try. If I however decide to try it I will definitely look for a brand wihout lipase.

Regarding the oregano I am just starting out on a product from NOW called "Candida Clear" because it contains a lot of antifungals(including Oreagano); and I just checked the label and it said Origanum vulgare so I guess I'm good!

Four weeks:

Acne: Got worse in the beginning of this week and better towards the end. Tried AHA+ on my upper body to fade some red marks, but after 3 days it was clearly causing breakouts. I don't know if it was some type of initial breakout or clogging of pores or what, but I will not continue using the product.

Digestion: Got food poisoining in the beginning of the week causing diarrhea, but towards the end of the week it has stabilized.

White Coated Tongue: Still pretty bad, but better than day 1 on the diet

Energy: Energy is good

Todays breakfast:

3 garlic cloves

1 can of tuna

1 avocado

3 carrots

2 tbls Extra Virgin Olive Oil

2 tbls Cod liver oil

2 NOW candida clear pills

Four weeks:

Acne: Got worse in the beginning of this week and better towards the end. Tried AHA+ on my upper body to fade some red marks, but after 3 days it was clearly causing breakouts. I don't know if it was some type of initial breakout or clogging of pores or what, but I will not continue using the product.

Digestion: Got food poisoining in the beginning of the week causing diarrhea, but towards the end of the week it has stabilized.

Todays breakfast:

3 garlic cloves

1 can of tuna

1 avocado

3 carrots

2 tbls Cod liver oil

Sorry to hear about the food poisoning.

Do you have any sinus issues, by any chance? I do, and I'm wondering if it's connected to candida.

Four weeks:

Todays breakfast:

3 garlic cloves

1 can of tuna

1 avocado

3 carrots

2 tbls Cod liver oil

Do you have any sinus issues, by any chance? I do, and I'm wondering if it's connected to candida.

I don't really know what that is. Can you describe it? Also I know Brenton had sinus problems and cleared it on anti-candida.

Are you taking probiotics and which brand are you using? I'm running out of probiotics and I'm going to by a different brand this time.

Hmmm carrots are suppose to be a big no no on the Candida Diet bro. And it looks like your having quite a few each day. Carrots and beets have high sugar... might wanna lay off of those because it could be hindering your progess.

Also you mentioned Coconuts; are you eating the meat of the coconut and drinking the water? I love Coconuts, but definitely tastes like there's a good amount of natural sugar in them?

Also not sure if someone already asked you this but; how do you think you got Candida? I've read about so many different ways you can possibly get it and its a bit confusing especially for guys.

PANIC

Four weeks:

Todays breakfast:

3 garlic cloves

1 can of tuna

1 avocado

3 carrots

2 tbls Cod liver oil

I don't really know what that is. Can you describe it? Also I know Brenton had sinus problems and cleared it on anti-candida.

Are you taking probiotics and which brand are you using? I'm running out of probiotics and I'm going to by a different brand this time.

I was pretty vague, my bad. Well you certainly don't have any sinus problems. I do - I feel clogged and I often have to expectorate (spit up phlegm, gross as hell, I know).

I was taking some probiotic vitamins every day for about 2 months and didn't see any difference, and when they ran out I just didn't bother buying any more.

Hmmm carrots are suppose to be a big no no on the Candida Diet bro.

PANIC

I meant to mention this. Also, I notice that tomatos contain a ton of sugar, almost as much as regular fruit.

Hmmm carrots are suppose to be a big no no on the Candida Diet bro. And it looks like your having quite a few each day. Carrots and beets have high sugar... might wanna lay off of those because it could be hindering your progess.

Also you mentioned Coconuts; are you eating the meat of the coconut and drinking the water? I love Coconuts, but definitely tastes like there's a good amount of natural sugar in them?

Also not sure if someone already asked you this but; how do you think you got Candida? I've read about so many different ways you can possibly get it and its a bit confusing especially for guys.

PANIC

Carrots:Yes, I know carrots aren't the best on an anti-candida diet. However, they are very cheap and only contains 9 grams of carbs(5 grams suger and 4 grams fiber) per 100 grams so I don't feel they are hindering my progress. Also I usually only eat 2 per day, but I will consider eating even less of them.

Coconuts: Usually I only eat the meat, but today I drank the water too. Yes, they do conatin a fair amount of carbohydrates, but it's mostly dietary fiber. The reason I find them acceptable on the diet is because it contains Caprylic Acid and Lauric Acid which are antifungals so I hope it does more good than harm. In Vitro Killing of Candida albicans by Fatty Acids and Monoglycerides

I checked the info on Coconut Meat, Raw in the USDA nutritional analysis and it contains 2,346 % Caprylic Acid per 100 gram and 14.858 % Lauric Acid. Caprylic Acid is listed as 8:0 under Fatty Acids and Lauric Acid as 12:0.

Usually I eat 1 coconut which is about 300 grams of coconut meat and that's roughly 7 grams of Caprylic Acid and 45 grams of Lauric Acid

How I got candida: To be honest I don't really know, but I think it might be related to hardcore overeating on grains, eggs, fruits and more when I started Bodybuilding. Slowly acne and stomach issues appeared and eating eggs, oats and more began to give me serious digestive problems.

Probiotics: I just bought Udo's Choice Super 8 which is supposed to be very good for yeast overgrowth.

Also I like the feedback a lot and I'm wondering if you guys see any foods that I don't eat and that I should add to my diet?

PANIC

Carrots:Yes, I know carrots aren't the best on an anti-candida diet. However, they are very cheap and only contains 9 grams of carbs(5 grams suger and 4 grams fiber) per 100 grams so I don't feel they are hindering my progress. Also I usually only eat 2 per day, but I will consider eating even less of them.

Carrots do have anti-fungal properties but in my opinion I'd ditch them because of the sugar. When your dealing with Candida my philosophy is to NOT give the yeast any fuel for their fire.

Coconuts: Usually I only eat the meat, but today I drank the water too. Yes, they do conatin a fair amount of carbohydrates, but it's mostly dietary fiber. The reason I find them acceptable on the diet is because it contains Caprylic Acid and Lauric Acid which are antifungals so I hope it does more good than harm. In Vitro Killing of Candida albicans by Fatty Acids and Monoglycerides

Your better off taking a few tablespoons of Coconut Oil in my opinion.

I checked the info on Coconut Meat, Raw in the USDA nutritional analysis and it contains 2,346 % Caprylic Acid per 100 gram and 14.858 % Lauric Acid. Caprylic Acid is listed as 8:0 under Fatty Acids and Lauric Acid as 12:0.

Usually I eat 1 coconut which is about 300 grams of coconut meat and that's roughly 7 grams of Caprylic Acid and 45 grams of Lauric Acid

How I got candida: To be honest I don't really know, but I think it might be related to hardcore overeating on grains, eggs, fruits and more when I started Bodybuilding. Slowly acne and stomach issues appeared and eating eggs, oats and more began to give me serious digestive problems.

Interesting we come from the same breed bro. I've been a HEAVY grain, high carb guy dude to body building for the past 10 years. I have a pretty severe yeast over-growth and just started the candida diet.

Probiotics: I just bought Udo's Choice Super 8 which is supposed to be very good for yeast overgrowth.

Be careful of Udo's, most of that line of probiotics has dairy in it...

Also I like the feedback a lot and I'm wondering if you guys see any foods that I don't eat and that I should add to my diet?

Few more things I wanted to comment on.

Usually, unless I'm mistaken, an anti-candida diet should start out with diet and anti-fungals/anti-parasite supplementation for the first few months.

Then once you've got the yeast under control you want to start probiotic supplementation.

At this point your gut is in an overgrowth state and supplementing with pro-biotics can actually make your situation worse. Reason being is when bad bacteria has taken over, any form of bacteria coming in will not be effective causing a worsen or increase in symptoms.

I know Brenton was pretty specific about this in his post; to start probiotics around month 3 on the diet.

I just started the diet over the weekend and here's what I've been eating (BTW, this diet sucks @ss!!!! But if it helps me out I'll be stoked, my acne is not that bad, couple pimples on each side of my face, but they are just very persistent. I have been tested and confirmed with having a severe yeast over-growth.

Protein: Free Range Eggs, Ground Chicken, Grass Fed Beef (once a week), Wild Fish (Dover, Salmon, Sea Bass)

Carbs: Kale, Spinach, Romaine Lettuce, Onions, Garlic, Chard,

Fats: Coconut Oil (Extra Virgin) taking 1 tbsp a day, will build up to about 2-3, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Flax seed Oil, Borage Oil, Avocados

60-100 oz of water a day

I'm currently looking for a good multi-vitamin that's free of the common allergens but having a tough time finding one. I might get some of the essential vitamins separate.

BTW, I'm following Doug Kaufmann's Anti-Fungal Diet. It has 3 phases and although he says you can have things like strawberries, carrots, bell peppers and green apples I REFUSE to feed the yeast.

So far I've been on it for 4 days and have pretty bad die off symptoms on the 2nd and 3rd day. Had overall weakness and fatigue on day 2 and pretty bad joint and muscle pain on day 3. I notice I get die off symptoms shortly after taking coconut oil, most likely due to its anti-fungal properties.

Sorry didn't mean to hi-jack your thread, just thought it might be helpful to compare and see what were both doing.

I plan on incorporating anti-fungal/parasite supplements after a few weeks on the diet. I"ll also be rotating them as well to make sure my body doesn't get use to them.

PANIC

A couple of days ago I read Loren Cordain's paleo diet article on eggs, and he noted that, for some people, they can aggravate inflammatory disorders. Many people have undiagnosed low-grade allergies to eggs.

To be on the safe side, I'm eschewing them for a while.

Of course very helpful, I think you should avoid the oil firstly. actually these things are the big source to increase the problems. my doctor(Simon Ourian), he suggest me this.