Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

White Fox

White Fox' anti-candida log with pics

261 posts in this topic

Flawless skin, you lucky son of a bitch!

I woke up this morning and my tongue was covered in white. So, this salt thing is interesting. What quantities of salt do you recommend?

Did a google search and got this:

"[Gargled] with salt water first, a 1/2 cup of warm water adding a Tbl spoon of sea salt, spiting it out. Second, covered my tongue with the sea salt letting it stay for about 5 minutes and Third brushing tongue several times over with the sea salt, and wonders happen to my tongue, (Pinkness). I brushed and added the Baking soda, sea salt and rinsing with the Hydrogen Peroxide for a fourth time. WOW!!! I kept on looking in the mirror AMAZED with the results! IT REALLY WORKED!(Cure A White Coating on the Tongue)"

Flawless skin, you lucky son of a bitch!

I woke up this morning and my tongue was covered in white. So, this salt thing is interesting. What quantities of salt do you recommend?

Did a google search and got this:

"[Gargled] with salt water first, a 1/2 cup of warm water adding a Tbl spoon of sea salt, spiting it out. Second, covered my tongue with the sea salt letting it stay for about 5 minutes and Third brushing tongue several times over with the sea salt, and wonders happen to my tongue, (Pinkness). I brushed and added the Baking soda, sea salt and rinsing with the Hydrogen Peroxide for a fourth time. WOW!!! I kept on looking in the mirror AMAZED with the results! IT REALLY WORKED!(Cure A White Coating on the Tongue)"

Monkey: Yeah bro this is the best my skin has looked in a LONG TIME, looks better than it did before all this crap happened. Just goes to show that carbs are definitely inflammatory when eaten in excess. I also really want to plug the Nucelle Mandelic Acid Serum I've been using. Learned about Mandelic Acid on the boards and noticed that Brenton used it too and its been pretty spectacular. Its even out the blotchy areas of my skin, it fights acne and makes your skin shiny, but not in a oily way, more of a healthy damn you have nice skin way. In all reality I probably don't need to do any peels, if I just give it time these marks will be gone, but I'm eager to get past this and somewhere inside my head, I feel like once my skin is back to being completely clear, that's when I can start to put this candida nightmare behind me forever hopefully!

Yeah those directions are legit. I gargled with it for about 30 seconds, but then said fuvk it, let me go heavier. So I did let a little bit of sea salt sit on my tongue and I tried to put it just where I noticed the white coating. I probably left it on there for another 20-30 seconds. I think sprinkled a bit on my toothpaste and brushed my tongue.

Woke up this morning with a little bit of white coating on my tongue, but no where near how it was before. I'm also realizing that this natural toothpaste I use (think I might have mentioned this before) really makes my tongue white after I brush with it. Its got Ginger and Tea Tree Oil in it, so I'll try a different paste when this runs out.

I'm eagerly awaiting Fox's update when he adds more things into his diet. I can't wait to get to that day!! haha

How are you doing on your diet Monkey? Everything coming along?

PANIC

I was looking into Mandelic acid and boy is Nucelle MAndelic Serum (15%) expensive!!! The cosmetics industry really is a big ripoff

Yeah bro its definitely not cheap stuff. I'd highly recommend starting off on the 10% plus its cheaper! And one bottle lasts FOREVER! So in the grand scheme of things its not that bad. Also I only use it once a day after I wash my face as opposed to twice a day that most others do. I've been using it for almost two months and I probably won't run out for another 2 months.

--------------------------------------

So yeah I've been research w-horing more and more!! LOL Its what I do!! Trying to gather as much info as I can about colon cleansing (fun!) since that's my next step. Initially I was sold on doing Psyllium and Bentonite shakes for as long as I needed to get my colon cleaned out. But after doing some research at cure zone, and reading several other articles on their forum they really really say that Oxygen based colon cleansers are much much more effective at getting the job done. Not sure if anyone of you care, but I'll let you know why...haha

Basically Psyllium is a bulking agent and does a good job of scraping the colon walls of any old gunk that has built up in there. However it is NOT good at getting to tiny areas and small hard to reach spots since its so bulky, no big deal, but this is what really convinced me. Herbal colon cleansing can help get rid of candida and even some parasites, but just like anti-biotics it doesn't discriminate when it flushes out bacteria. Meaning it will get rid of the bad bacteria AND the good gut flora, which in our candida situation is so important!! I don't want to lose whatever good bacteria I've built up over the past 11 weeks. On the flip side, this can be remedied by taking a good high quality pro-biotic right after the colon cleanse.

My solution is to most likely do both. I'm going to go pick up some Oxy-Powder and do that, then get on the Psyllium/Bentonite. I'll most likely have to do a couple enemas as well, which surprisingly based on the instructions I found is really simple and cheap. That's another reason I'll probably start off with Oxy Powder and finish off with the Psyllium/Bentonite--- its cheap! haha

The other thing I like about Oxy Powder is it literally melts away the bad stuff and then releases it, so loose stools are the norm on it. Okay that sounded weird, I don't "like" that, but what I meant to say was its easier to do this type of cleanse than the Psyllium/Bentonite which I'm certain tastes like s%it and is known to cause constipation. I'm also slightly concerned about taking Bentonite since its a clay and there is no long term study on its effects.

So once again I'm always updating and changing my regime up but I guess that's to be expected when your learning. I'm going to hold off on getting the Oregano because I want to see if all this cleansing gets rid of the white coating I have on my tongue. The sea salt method lasted about a day and half before the coating started to come back again.... grrrrr

I'll keep you guys posted.

PANIC

I was looking into Mandelic acid and boy is Nucelle MAndelic Serum (15%) expensive!!! The cosmetics industry really is a big ripoff

Yeah bro its definitely not cheap stuff. I'd highly recommend starting off on the 10% plus its cheaper! And one bottle lasts FOREVER! So in the grand scheme of things its not that bad. Also I only use it once a day after I wash my face as opposed to twice a day that most others do. I've been using it for almost two months and I probably won't run out for another 2 months.

--------------------------------------

So yeah I've been research w-horing more and more!! LOL Its what I do!! Trying to gather as much info as I can about colon cleansing (fun!) since that's my next step. Initially I was sold on doing Psyllium and Bentonite shakes for as long as I needed to get my colon cleaned out. But after doing some research at cure zone, and reading several other articles on their forum they really really say that Oxygen based colon cleansers are much much more effective at getting the job done. Not sure if anyone of you care, but I'll let you know why...haha

Basically Psyllium is a bulking agent and does a good job of scraping the colon walls of any old gunk that has built up in there. However it is NOT good at getting to tiny areas and small hard to reach spots since its so bulky, no big deal, but this is what really convinced me. Herbal colon cleansing can help get rid of candida and even some parasites, but just like anti-biotics it doesn't discriminate when it flushes out bacteria. Meaning it will get rid of the bad bacteria AND the good gut flora, which in our candida situation is so important!! I don't want to lose whatever good bacteria I've built up over the past 11 weeks. On the flip side, this can be remedied by taking a good high quality pro-biotic right after the colon cleanse.

My solution is to most likely do both. I'm going to go pick up some Oxy-Powder and do that, then get on the Psyllium/Bentonite. I'll most likely have to do a couple enemas as well, which surprisingly based on the instructions I found is really simple and cheap. That's another reason I'll probably start off with Oxy Powder and finish off with the Psyllium/Bentonite--- its cheap! haha

The other thing I like about Oxy Powder is it literally melts away the bad stuff and then releases it, so loose stools are the norm on it. Okay that sounded weird, I don't "like" that, but what I meant to say was its easier to do this type of cleanse than the Psyllium/Bentonite which I'm certain tastes like s%it and is known to cause constipation. I'm also slightly concerned about taking Bentonite since its a clay and there is no long term study on its effects.

So once again I'm always updating and changing my regime up but I guess that's to be expected when your learning. I'm going to hold off on getting the Oregano because I want to see if all this cleansing gets rid of the white coating I have on my tongue. The sea salt method lasted about a day and half before the coating started to come back again.... grrrrr

I'll keep you guys posted.

PANIC

Hi Panic

Thanks for the reply. You are right about going slow, but I have seen huge results from eating what I call "candida free". And in a way, I have transistioned into slowly over the past few months, eating veggies and meat and fruit only (I know the fruit isn't anti candida, but I usually would eat for the carb source). So, I have been eating only veggies, meat, eggs, certain nuts, pumpkin seeds, etc, for about five days. I work nights, and tonight I binged big time on carbs-- which is so devestating mentally because I immediately start preparing in my mind for a huge breakout when my skin is finally clearing. i feel like giving up!! And I feel as though I just "fed" the candida and committed a cardinal sin. :ninja: It seems like some people are just able to go on the diet, and voila, they stay on it for a month or four months or however long. I always seem to mess it up. I was also reading how smoking aggravates candida, and I smoke about a pack a week (isn't very much, kind of ridiculous and pointless to do it anyways). I hate working nights as I feel it adds such a challenge to this lifestyle stress wise- but I know I can do it if I set my mind to it.

Sorry for venting, just feeling a little low after eating that crap. The weird thing is that I don't even enjoy sweets and carbs anymore- they just don't do it for me like they used to. I know they are harmful and not going to help my body, and the anguish afterwards is just exhausting.

I guess the only thing to do now is to do the next right thing- which is to continue the diet tomorrow.

Currently I am taking grapeseed extract and another candida killing herb (can't remember the name right off the back). I hope this one setback doesn't send my acne back over the edge just as it was clearing. Any advice or encouragement is appreciate!

I'm not seeing big improvements so far on my skin unfortunately, but my sinus issues (or, phlegm problem) seems to have improved, and I'm in great shape.

I've started eating more fish lately. I might eat nothing but fresh fish and cauliflower for a week and see what happens. Do you have any thoughts on frozen fish or frozen vegetables?

Some other thoughts:

Excess animal protein can be a problem.

From www.natural-acne-solution.com:

"First of all, [animal proteins] are highly acidifying. Acid environment actually encourages the growth of harmful, acne-causing bacteria and parasites. The body is designed to run slightly alkaline and excessive acidity will throw it off balance.

Secondly packed meat contains sodium nitrite. Sodium nitrite is used in cancer research. When researches want to inflict mouse with a cancer they inject sodium nitrite into the mouse. That same thing is in practically all the packed meats in the supermarkets.

Meat also contains large amounts of sulphur. The sulphate reducing bacteria (SRB) in the gut turn sulphur into hydrogen sulphide, ammonia, phenols and other chemicals that damage the gut lining and make it more 'leaky'.

Eat organic meat if you want to eat meat. That way you can at least avoid the hormones and antibiotics that come loaded with 'normal' meat."

Ramiejae: Don't stress over it.... I've always had the attitude that once something is done its done. No point in worrying about something you can't change. I really think this diet/lifestyle is all about will power and determination. I know that we are all determined to get this candida beeyatch in check so we can reap the benefits of it, but will power is something that's unique to each individual.

This might sound gay but your mind is a powerful tool. Anytime I feel like I want to break or cheat on this diet I simply just ignore those thoughts by doing something to stay busy and drink water! I can't emphasize that enough, most people still don't drink enough water and most of their hunger pains or weak moments are actually caused by dehydration. I'm always drinking water in between meals and even then I know I can drink more. I'd like to drink about a gallon a day but not quiet there yet.

Secondly if you plan you'll never cheat on this diet. Always have your food around, make snacks to take with you if your going out, or if your going out to a restaurant eat before, or after or order something on the menu that fits the candida plan. I'm going to watch the game tonight with all my friends, while they're pounding beers and eating stuff I can't touch, I'll most likely order a plain chicken breast, without any salt and just add some black pepper to it. It'll taste like crap, but it keeps me on point.

----------------------------------------------

Monkey: Hey make-up dude! haha Just teasing bro, you know I had to throw that out there! Everyone heals at different paces and the fact that your other symptoms are improving is proof that this is working for you. What topicals are you using on your face right now?. I think its important to have a multi-facet approach to acne regardless of the cause. I'm not a big fan of meds and anti-biotics, but you definitely should, in my opinion use a good face wash and exfoliate your skin to keep it clean.

What moisturizer are you using? I have good results with the regular Neutrogena Oil Free Moisturizer SPF 15. Been using it for years and its not greasy and you can't even feel it once you put it on. I tried Cetaphil's Moisturizer and hated it! It stung and was really greasy.

Why are you stressing on your calorie intake? I'm taking in 2,400 calories a day and will most likely go up to 2,800 or so. (Its seriously tough to eat so much real food after being use to pounding protein shakes for years!!). I don't think the gum is going to set you back that much if at all.

Just keep moving forward and keep a close tab on your symptoms. I really do think some type of detox plan can be very helpful in getting rid of acne and helping to kill candida. But the diet is the key.

I've got 4 more weeks on this strict diet and as long as my skin is still doing good after all my detoxing (4-6 weeks hopefully), I'll start some pro-biotics and then maybe two months from now start re-introducing some foods.

PANIC

Ramiejae: Don't stress over it.... I've always had the attitude that once something is done its done. No point in worrying about something you can't change. I really think this diet/lifestyle is all about will power and determination. I know that we are all determined to get this candida beeyatch in check so we can reap the benefits of it, but will power is something that's unique to each individual.

This might sound gay but your mind is a powerful tool. Anytime I feel like I want to break or cheat on this diet I simply just ignore those thoughts by doing something to stay busy and drink water! I can't emphasize that enough, most people still don't drink enough water and most of their hunger pains or weak moments are actually caused by dehydration. I'm always drinking water in between meals and even then I know I can drink more. I'd like to drink about a gallon a day but not quiet there yet.

Secondly if you plan you'll never cheat on this diet. Always have your food around, make snacks to take with you if your going out, or if your going out to a restaurant eat before, or after or order something on the menu that fits the candida plan. I'm going to watch the game tonight with all my friends, while they're pounding beers and eating stuff I can't touch, I'll most likely order a plain chicken breast, without any salt and just add some black pepper to it. It'll taste like crap, but it keeps me on point.

----------------------------------------------

Monkey: Hey make-up dude! haha Just teasing bro, you know I had to throw that out there! Everyone heals at different paces and the fact that your other symptoms are improving is proof that this is working for you. What topicals are you using on your face right now?. I think its important to have a multi-facet approach to acne regardless of the cause. I'm not a big fan of meds and anti-biotics, but you definitely should, in my opinion use a good face wash and exfoliate your skin to keep it clean.

What moisturizer are you using? I have good results with the regular Neutrogena Oil Free Moisturizer SPF 15. Been using it for years and its not greasy and you can't even feel it once you put it on. I tried Cetaphil's Moisturizer and hated it! It stung and was really greasy.

Why are you stressing on your calorie intake? I'm taking in 2,400 calories a day and will most likely go up to 2,800 or so. (Its seriously tough to eat so much real food after being use to pounding protein shakes for years!!). I don't think the gum is going to set you back that much if at all.

Just keep moving forward and keep a close tab on your symptoms. I really do think some type of detox plan can be very helpful in getting rid of acne and helping to kill candida. But the diet is the key.

I've got 4 more weeks on this strict diet and as long as my skin is still doing good after all my detoxing (4-6 weeks hopefully), I'll start some pro-biotics and then maybe two months from now start re-introducing some foods.

PANIC

Thanks for you all your help PANIC. Yes, I always think "failing to plan is planning to fail..." There really is a lot you can do with the food we can eat, I love veggies so it shouldn't be too hard if I make it a point, and you are right... the mind is soo powerful!

have a wonderful day and be blessed.

Sorry I haven't been replying much lately guys. Been real busy with moving the last week. I have to say my skin has been getting a little worse after introducing some new foods. However, I think for me I have to do some new antifungal like Pau D'arco or oregano oil since I don't feel the Olive Leaf Extract is that effective anymore.

Also I'm going in to a health practioner to get a stool test in a couple of weeks, so the results from that will be very exciting.

I will probably not post for two weeks because of vacation so good luck guys and keep the thread alive!!

Yo.

Whitefox, enjoy your vacation man.

Panic: those are excellent points. No doubt stress has a psychosomatic effect on the whole body. I currently try to deal with it through exercising and the use of a diary - upon which I puke out my thoughts then tear up the page and throw it away. According to studies, keeping a diary is very stress-relieving. I can attest to this, far beyond what a placebo can do.

The moisturiser I use is the one that comes with Dan's regimen. I initially bought the 2% BP, the skin cleanser, and the moisturiser, but now the only thing I use is the moisturiser. I don't feel that the cleanser is needed, plus I have annoyingly sensitive skin and I prefer to keep it as far away from products as possible. When I used the BP, within a week I flared up (red skin) like crazy. I had to hide out like a hermit for a week. So, I'm wary of exfoliants and cleansers. But I'm also conflicted about them - maybe they are important.

During moments of "weakness", not giving in is always better than taking the route of poor impulse control. Drinking a lot of water definitely helps get rid of those pangs.

As for the calories, I'm trying to get down to low bodyfat levels. I'm about 12% now, at a guess.

My logic is: Fewer calories = fewer toxins.

Ok, fuck it, I'll be honest. I'm trying to get ripped to impress some chicks I'll be seeing in a week.

I'm going on a little tour of Europe with a group of friends I haven't seen in a long time.

Anyway, I'll NEVER go back to the way I was eating before. At the very most, my "indulgences" will be sugary delicious fruit and starchy vegetables like squash (and, of course, some alcohol). I'm not like some people who feel the need to occasionally eat candy and chocolate to keep sane - all that is garbage to me, and I feel sick after eating it. In fact, I think the whole attitude is wrong. People should rejoice about being FREE not to have to eat that shit anymore.

I'm not casting judgement, just saying that the primal/paleo diet is awesome and I'm incredibly thankful I found it (I have my acne to thank for that....)

Yo.

Whitefox, enjoy your vacation man.

Panic: those are excellent points. No doubt stress has a psychosomatic effect on the whole body. I currently try to deal with it through exercising and the use of a diary - upon which I puke out my thoughts then tear up the page and throw it away. According to studies, keeping a diary is very stress-relieving. I can attest to this, far beyond what a placebo can do.

The moisturiser I use is the one that comes with Dan's regimen. I initially bought the 2% BP, the skin cleanser, and the moisturiser, but now the only thing I use is the moisturiser. I don't feel that the cleanser is needed, plus I have annoyingly sensitive skin and I prefer to keep it as far away from products as possible. When I used the BP, within a week I flared up (red skin) like crazy. I had to hide out like a hermit for a week. So, I'm wary of exfoliants and cleansers. But I'm also conflicted about them - maybe they are important.

During moments of "weakness", not giving in is always better than taking the route of poor impulse control. Drinking a lot of water definitely helps get rid of those pangs.

As for the calories, I'm trying to get down to low bodyfat levels. I'm about 12% now, at a guess.

My logic is: Fewer calories = fewer toxins.

Ok, fuck it, I'll be honest. I'm trying to get ripped to impress some chicks I'll be seeing in a week.

I'm going on a little tour of Europe with a group of friends I haven't seen in a long time.

Anyway, I'll NEVER go back to the way I was eating before. At the very most, my "indulgences" will be sugary delicious fruit and starchy vegetables like squash (and, of course, some alcohol). I'm not like some people who feel the need to occasionally eat candy and chocolate to keep sane - all that is garbage to me, and I feel sick after eating it. In fact, I think the whole attitude is wrong. People should rejoice about being FREE not to have to eat that shit anymore.

I'm not casting judgement, just saying that the primal/paleo diet is awesome and I'm incredibly thankful I found it (I have my acne to thank for that....)

WHat are the veggies you can eat on the paleo diet? Has the paleo diet cleared up your acne?

Regarding white tongue. I've always had a white tongue off and on. I started taking some Vitamin D a few days ago, and guess what. I might tongue has disapeared. It had been white coated for the last few months.

I've been taking quit a bit. Like 10,000iu thoughout the day. I've also been getting sun when I can. Google vitamin D deficiecny. Most americans are deficience. It might be now that I have enough vitamin D in me I can now absorb zinc better. I don't really know. But my white coated tongue is gone.

Just wanted to share that.

Interesting about your white coated tongue Austin....... makes a lot of sense. I just started detoxing yesterday (colon cleanse) and will be keeping a close eye on how my tongue looks at the end of it. If in fact my kidney, liver and colon are over-loaded then that should get rid of the white tongue according to what I've read.

Monkey: I've read that post before and almost every other one like it on this board! haha It seems like a good program and it makes sense as well. If you have been on this diet for several weeks or months and haven't seen any improvement in your symptoms (not just acne) then you might want to look into a different cause. I know you mentioned you have seen a big improvement in your sinus issue and that's a good sign. And remember everyone is different at the rate they heal and it really depends on what they're dealing with to determine what is the best route to take. In either case, I think eating this way is very beneficial to your body and should help your skin improve if you stick with it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Just want to throw out a tip for everyone who is having a tough time sticking to the diet due to financial reasons. I was spending A LOT of money on organic stuff, everything from meat to veggies and since I've become somewhat infatuated with this lifestyle and eating clean I've found the best place to get all your stuff is at local farmer's markets. They have TONS of certified organic stuff for half the cost compared to health food markets. I saved nearly 30 bucks from getting my eggs and produce from the farmer's market this morning and the food tastes so good!

I know I hear a lot of people always saying its too tough to go organic because of the cost and to that I say "bullshhhyt!" haha Seriously if you spend tons of money on clothes, make-up, going out etc, you should get your priorities in order and be willing to sacrifice not only for your skin, but for your health, just my take on it.

I really upped my water intake over the past couple days to help the cleansing process, almost drank a gallon yesterday. I definitely had quite a few bowel movements yesterday due to the psyllium and bentonite shake and I'm excited to hopefully clear the pipes and help my nutrient absorption and digestion. I've got a lot of work ahead, after this cleanse, I'll be doing a parasite, kidney, then liver flush/cleanse. After all that, if my white coated tongue is gone and my skin is still clear, I'll start slowly introducing some carbs into my diet and hopefully won't have any issues!

Also going to be doing some home-made probiotics, I've done a lot of research on them and aside from a few OTC pills I don't think you get what you pay for with probiotics in general. Most likely going to make sauerkraut, kefir or yogurt.

I am definitely getting sick of eating the same crap everyday. Had to go to a graduation party yesterday and watch everyone down pizza, pasta, meatballs etc, it sucked! LOL

PANIC

I'm on Day 4 of detoxing (colon cleanse) with psyllium and bentonite. It definitely makes you more regular, I'm only having 1 shake a day and am having several small movements already.

It might be in my head, or maybe its because I'm drinking a lot more water now than before, but my skin looks even better now! I know some have believed that psyllium helps to clear your skin because it helps push all the crap out.... literally. Not really sure what's helping, but definitely not complaining. I'm drinking almost a gallon of water now btw as opposed to the 60 or so ounces I was drinking before, definitely a lot but pretty easy to do.

Can't wait to get through this part and hopefully get rid of the slight white coating on my tongue. Then maybe, MAYBE I can start re-introducing some foods.

BTW, I know weight loss is a big concern on this diet and I definitely lost weight when I started, dropped 8-9 lbs at one point. Since I've started tracking my calories and working out again, I've gained back nearly 5 lbs. However, I have still lost a good amount of my muscle mass, since I'm not working out hardcore like I was before, but I'm sure I'll get that back in due time. Just wanted to point out that gaining weight is possible on this diet, since lots of people are afraid of losing too much. And think of it this way, most of what your losing is built up crud and water weight that's lodged in your abdomen.

PANIC

So...I went totally off the fucking rails.

I met up with a group of my friends and we went on a bit of a traveling adventure. I thought, you know what, after 6 months of a restrictive diet and my skin still looks bad (it flared up the day before I met my friends), I thought FUCK THIS SHIT. And so, for the past 7 days, I drank beer, I ate loads of fruit, I had pizza, and chips, cheese, pasta, potato salad, and 5 days later my skin looks good. Not great, not terrible, but better than usual. The beer and other crap made no difference, except I'm jacked as a mofo as the carbs filled me out.

Maybe I'll pay for it later, but damn, it's nutty.

I was in the blaring sun for days, so maybe the sun temporarily dried up the sebum or something.

Also, I believe stress levels have a huge impact on one's overall health. I've felt fantastic the past week, and it's reflected in my appearance and demeanor. I'm starting to truly realise that chronic, perpetual, gnawing stress has devastatingly pernicious effects on your body and mind. I mean, really, really bad.

Anyway, I'm going to stay on a loose paleo diet for the next two weeks, and, when my schedule is back to normal, I'll go back on the anti-candida diet.

Well, fluconazole did nothing for me. No change at all. And the white coating on my tongue is still there so now I know that wasn't Candida. The established medical community insists that systemic Candida overgrowth only occurs in immunocompromised people and I think I have to agree with them. But quackers will make a lot of money selling "anti-candida products" to the general population.

The diet might work though. If one suffers from bacterial overgrowth or a parasite infection it is possible that a low-carb diet may limit the symptoms but I don't think it has anything to do with Candida.

Just my 2 cents.

Well, fluconazole did nothing for me. No change at all. And the white coating on my tongue is still there so now I know that wasn't Candida. The established medical community insists that systemic Candida overgrowth only occurs in immunocompromised people and I think I have to agree with them. But quackers will make a lot of money selling "anti-candida products" to the general population.

The diet might work though. If one suffers from bacterial overgrowth or a parasite infection it is possible that a low-carb diet may limit the symptoms but I don't think it has anything to do with Candida.

Just my 2 cents.

So what's your new plan? I would have to think you would alter your diet to some degree if your dealing with parasites or some other type of infection.

I disagree with your thoughts that since anti-biotic didn't work that it must mean you don't have candida. Anti-fungal drugs rarely if ever work, they might temporarily suppress symptoms but the don't get to the root cause.

In either case, some internal cleansing sounds like it would do you good. I'm in the middle of colon cleansing at the moment and will be doing a parasite cleanse next month.

Good luck whatever you decide to do,

PANIC

Hey guys,

I also got off the wagon the last weeks. I 'cheated' a few times with beer and some very carb-heavy days here and there. I decided to loosen up the diet significantly, I spent lot of time reading various low-carb approaches. LC always seems to work at least a little bit. Anyway, I have to agree with sweedy here: I highly doubt that the 'candida' we're talking about (systemic) is concercing us at all... If you look at ALL working candida diets (in the sense of acne reduction), all they have in common is just the very restrictive LC element. Then, additionally, they use some antifungal plants like garlic, CO, OLE, etc. WITHOUT the diet though, these seem not effective at all for this purpose.....

Ok so there's a lot out there, but all in all it seems a daily carb intake of 50-70g almost always will work (for most diseases, including acne). Some people say more is better (up to 150-200g), other are concinved less or even zero will work best.

For the moment, I decided to change my diet in the direction of the Dr. Kwasniewski diet: The daily proportion for protein, fats and carbs should resp. be 1 : 2.5-3.5 : 0.5-1 g per kg bodyweight. Fats should principallly be saturated and from animal source (lots of butter, eggs, cheese, milk). Of course there's way more to it than just that ;)

That means now I CAN finally have some carbs and especially alcohol again, just not too much. That also means I will be able to do the diet for a very long time!

PS: If you can speak/read german, the best acne low-carb thread (almost 700 pages!!!): http://www.aknewelt.de/forum/ernaehrung/5-...ernaehrung.html I learned so much there about nutrition acne and all related diets.

search, "diet, dessert, n dogs" into google.. it has a bunch of anti-candida recipes.. for everyone who doesnt want to sacrifice all the delicious food in the world :)

(look on the left side under most popular.. it has tons of recipes for anti-candida desserts, breakfasts etc.. )

Hey guys,

I also got off the wagon the last weeks. I 'cheated' a few times with beer and some very carb-heavy days here and there. I decided to loosen up the diet significantly, I spent lot of time reading various low-carb approaches. LC always seems to work at least a little bit. Anyway, I have to agree with sweedy here: I highly doubt that the 'candida' we're talking about (systemic) is concercing us at all... If you look at ALL working candida diets (in the sense of acne reduction), all they have in common is just the very restrictive LC element. Then, additionally, they use some antifungal plants like garlic, CO, OLE, etc. WITHOUT the diet though, these seem not effective at all for this purpose.....

Ok so there's a lot out there, but all in all it seems a daily carb intake of 50-70g almost always will work (for most diseases, including acne). Some people say more is better (up to 150-200g), other are concinved less or even zero will work best.

For the moment, I decided to change my diet in the direction of the Dr. Kwasniewski diet: The daily proportion for protein, fats and carbs should resp. be 1 : 2.5-3.5 : 0.5-1 g per kg bodyweight. Fats should principallly be saturated and from animal source (lots of butter, eggs, cheese, milk). Of course there's way more to it than just that ;)

That means now I CAN finally have some carbs and especially alcohol again, just not too much. That also means I will be able to do the diet for a very long time!

PS: If you can speak/read german, the best acne low-carb thread (almost 700 pages!!!): http://www.aknewelt.de/forum/ernaehrung/5-...ernaehrung.html I learned so much there about nutrition acne and all related diets.

If you do indeed have a systemic candida over-growth there is NO WAY you will get better if you eat high carb and drink alcohol. Yes the LC diet puts the candida in check by cutting off its food supply, but that's only one part of the equation. The other part is building the immune system back up to a healthy level so that candida will be put back in check. And the only way to do this without causing inflammation is by following an anti-candida diet.

There are many different schools of thought on this issue, there are many who believe in an 80/10/10 diet; which is 80% carbs from raw fruits and veggies, then 10% protein and fat. Sounds interesting in theory but to me wouldn't be a long term solution since its been proven over and over that yeast feeds on sugar, hence the cravings etc.

But in the end you gotta find what works for you and is possible to stick to long term. This is not a short term battle, its something that in my opinion, and several hundred hours of research has proven to be a long term battle that is all about putting the body back in balance.

Good luck with the new routine.

PANIC

So what's your new plan? I would have to think you would alter your diet to some degree if your dealing with parasites or some other type of infection.

I disagree with your thoughts that since anti-biotic didn't work that it must mean you don't have candida. Anti-fungal drugs rarely if ever work, they might temporarily suppress symptoms but the don't get to the root cause.

In either case, some internal cleansing sounds like it would do you good. I'm in the middle of colon cleansing at the moment and will be doing a parasite cleanse next month.

Good luck whatever you decide to do,

PANIC

Well, I have also had some problems with my stomach, mostly gas and burping. So I went to the doctor to get tested for Helicobacter Pylori. That is a bacteria that lives in the stomach and it has been associated with various skin diseases like acne and rosacea. I'm now waiting for the test results to come back. But if they are negative I think I will have to try the low-carb diet.

I would also like to do a stool test to check for parasites but I guess doctors are unwilling to to that if you don't suffer from diarrhea or something like that. I know there are private labs you can send samples to but they are expensive. :(

Hi guys

I'm back, but not for long though. Leaving tomorrow again.

The last couple of weeks I haven't been as strict on the diet. I still eat a lot of coconut, meat, vegetables, avocados, fish and all of that, but I also eat fruit and cheat with icecream and more when I want to. I break out from time to time.

I still believe that the digestion, leaky gut and the bacteria/yeast population in the gut plays a huge role in acne development. However, there's no way I can stay on the anti-candida diet forever, it causes to much stress. However, I think it's important finding the right balance and most importantly not worry to much. If you eat "bad" foods try not to worry about it causing acne, feeding candida etc.

Regarding the stool test I mentioned earlier, I will not be able to do that before september because the holistic practioner had nothing available before then. What you mention about Helicobacter Pylori. is interesting, please let us know the results from the test!!

I encourage others to not go overboard with the whole diet thing. From my own experience spending hours each day reading up on the internet and worrying about specific foods causing acne only causes more stress and severely limit the possibility to be out enjoying life. At the moment I actually try to stay as much away from the internet as possible.

I know how hard acne can be, but stressing even more about it never helps.

Hi guys

I'm back, but not for long though. Leaving tomorrow again.

The last couple of weeks I haven't been as strict on the diet. I still eat a lot of coconut, meat, vegetables, avocados, fish and all of that, but I also eat fruit and cheat with icecream and more when I want to. I break out from time to time.

I still believe that the digestion, leaky gut and the bacteria/yeast population in the gut plays a huge role in acne development. However, there's no way I can stay on the anti-candida diet forever, it causes to much stress. However, I think it's important finding the right balance and most importantly not worry to much. If you eat "bad" foods try not to worry about it causing acne, feeding candida etc.

Regarding the stool test I mentioned earlier, I will not be able to do that before september because the holistic practioner had nothing available before then. What you mention about Helicobacter Pylori. is interesting, please let us know the results from the test!!

I encourage others to not go overboard with the whole diet thing. From my own experience spending hours each day reading up on the internet and worrying about specific foods causing acne only causes more stress and severely limit the possibility to be out enjoying life. At the moment I actually try to stay as much away from the internet as possible.

I know how hard acne can be, but stressing even more about it never helps.

I completely agree with this.... about two minutes ago I was reading someone's log about the candida diet and burst out crying... I am feeling SOOO over whelmed and sooo stressed abotu this damn diet. I wish there was an easier way. It would be impossible for me to stay on the anticandida diet forever.... I go away a in the summer with my boyfriends parents and I cant just cook my own meals the whole time... like I cant be that high maintenance, seriously they will think I'm nuts.

Anyway, good luck with everything :).

One day...

Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.

When being on vacation different places for the last month I have noticed the following. I can eat foods I'm normally intolerant to without problems with the foods causing acne and loose stols/bad digestion. I have eaten literary anything besides the normal anti-candida foods like wheat, ice cream, hamburgers and more without problems. It's probably related to not stressing about acne and most of all being out walking/staying out for the entire days.

This caused me to think about databesed's topic that I read with great interest some time ago: http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Zinc-Zinc...ul-t243340.html

At the time I read it it sounded far-fetched that just staying out in the outdoords everyday eating whatever you want could clear up the acne, but I'm starting to believe his theories. However I will have to look for altenative ways to get the same effect as daylight because there's no way I can stay out in the sun every day. However, I will try to follow the guidelines as much as possible which will mean you probably won't see me as much online.

However, I will definitely drop in every now and then to make updates if anyone is interested in reading. And TalkingMonkey, Databased theories can also explain why you managed to stay relatively clear during your trip when you ate everything.