Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Nodule on my Butt..

7 posts in this topic

So last week I noticed a nodule popped up on my butt, but it didn't hurt when I sat down.

Just today, during class, I noticed that when I sat down on the hard surface of the chair. The nodule would give out some pain.

I wouldn't say that the pain is excruciating. I can live with it, but I just don't want it to get worse.

I've checked the nodule in the mirror when I got home and it was twice as big as it was last week. It's just red, circular and sensitive to touch.

Anyone have any ideas how I can get rid of this?

Edit: And I don't have a dermatologist and am pretty embarrassed if they have to give me a cortisone shot [or whatever it is] on my butt.

Edited by laughingperson5

Where exactly is it located? There's a really common type of cyst, called a pilonidal cyst, that occurs at the very top of the butt crack. They can be excruciatingly painful as well. Only way to get rid of those forever is to have them surgically removed, or else they could get inflamed again.

Where exactly is it located? There's a really common type of cyst, called a pilonidal cyst, that occurs at the very top of the butt crack. They can be excruciatingly painful as well. Only way to get rid of those forever is to have them surgically removed, or else they could get inflamed again.

It's on my left butt cheek and at around the bottom-middle of it. Although I think it's starting to subside, it didn't hurt that much today and I think it reduced in size a bit.

Edited by laughingperson5

It's on my left butt cheek and at around the bottom-middle of it. Although I think it's starting to subside, it didn't hurt that much today and I think it reduced in size a bit.

Hmm...not a pilonidal cyst then. Yeah, pimples/boils in the thigh/bum area suck. Hope it goes away soon!

Hope it's not a pilonidal cyst...

I had surgery last summer to get mine removed. It was excruciatingly painful and caused me so much stress. I'm glad it's gone now, and hopefully it doesn't come back again (it has a high recurrence rate). Plus I have a huge scar on my butt to show off :rolleyes:

CRAP.

So the one I previously mentioned went away.

But now, another one popped up in the same area.

-____-|| Anyone know how to get rid of this? This is aching like hell when I sit down and I have to get into a slouching position so it doesn't hurt.