pimple pimples

1 reply to this topic

#1 newfreshprince

newfreshprince

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 February 2010 - 05:11 PM

How do I make my pimple less red? It's right in the middle of my nose and it's very shiny bright red. How do I make it less red?

#2 Ceridwen018

Ceridwen018

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 March 2010 - 10:10 AM

Lol, this is the million dollar question!!

The redness comes from inflammation, so that's what you need to focus on reducing. If I have inflammation issues, I'll wet a washcloth, put it in the refrigerator for a while, and then take it out and just lay for about 10 minutes with the cold wet washcloth on my forehead to sooth the hot, inflamed skin.

If the inflammation is due to a pimple that still needs to come to a head, a lot of times the redness and soreness will persist until the stuff that's in there can get out. It's the bacteria and all that gunk which is inflaming the skin. In cases like this, I use a washcloth with HOT water (as hot as I can stand it) on the affected area to speed up the process. It's the same concept as soaking an abcess in hot water to bring all the pus to the surface. The sooner it all surfaces, the sooner it can get out and stop irritating your skin. Follow this treatment up with a benzoyle peroxide or sulfur spot treatment (both drying agents).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users