Photo

How healthy is your diet?

3 replies to this topic

Poll: How healthy is your diet? (13 member(s) have cast votes)

How healthy is your diet?

1. Very healthy and always has been (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. Very healthy but only since i changed it to combat acne (5 votes [38.46%])

Percentage of vote: 38.46%

3. Healthy but I do like to indulge in junk food once in a while (5 votes [38.46%])

Percentage of vote: 38.46%

4. Healthy but could be better (2 votes [15.38%])

Percentage of vote: 15.38%

5. Not so healthy (1 votes [7.69%])

Percentage of vote: 7.69%

6. I practicaly live on junk food and fizzy drinks (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 BomberMan

BomberMan

He might get the ace or the top one,So organise your two's a

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 July 2004 - 11:57 AM

Just wondering how well the average acne sufferer eats, i believe there is a big connection between diet and acne.
What I consider healthy food : fresh friut, fresh vegitables, water, milk and dairy products in moderation, lean meat, brown bread, natural yogurt, unsalted nuts.
Unhealthy:anything cooked in a frying pan, caffeine, sweets, take-aways, fizzy drinks, crisps, large quantities of chocolate, processed/mocrowave food.
"I reject your reality and substitute my own."- Adam Savage

#2 evigrex

evigrex

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Music, weightlifting, baseball, women

Posted 13 July 2004 - 02:35 PM

I eat healthy for other reasons, not acne. I truly believe acne is not derived from diet in most individuals....I know some females that live tremendously healthy lifestyles, yet they have cystic acne. Diet manipulation also did not work on me, either...
before you judge me take a look at you
can't you find something better to do
point the finger, slow to understand
arrogance and ignorance go hand in hand

- Metallica, "holier than thou"

#3 Chloe646

Chloe646

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me

Posted 13 July 2004 - 03:04 PM

A healthy diet means different things for different people. Some people think sprouts and soy are very healthy (thye caused me huge probs). some people think steak and butter are bad...never caused me probs with acne or otherwise.

Moderation is the best thing and then work around that I think. junk food can't possibly be good. Food impacts everything else, makes sense that it would impact your skin to one degree or another. There are obese people with clear skin, fit people with acne...so obviously there is some genetic component, but fat people can lose weight by following a more regimented diet than someone with a very fast metabolism needs to, and I think the same can apply to people with acne. dairy may add fat to some clear skinned persons hips, but may cause a skinny person to get a breakout.
The warmth of the sun reminds her of the day-she remembers the day when things were going her way-only memories remain-of the way she used to be-She stays home every night and exaggerates her past..all the old photographs were never thrown away-what made her cry-she'll never go back again-the way she used to be

#4 Ally

Ally

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me
  • Interests:relaxing

Posted 13 July 2004 - 03:54 PM

I can eat whatever I want yet not put on any weight, so that now means food intake has nothing to do with obesity? Having a bad diet affects different people in different ways i.e diabetes, acne, obesity etc everyone is different. I think a diet rich in fruit, water, vitamins, vegs etc and relativly free of crisps, chocolate etc is the best diet possible. I will improve your health on all fronts.
Currently recovering from prolonged moderate breakout

Current Regim:
Trying to avoid: Dairy/Sugar/Carbs/Processed Foods/Alcohol/Caffeine
Suplements: zinc/multi-vitamin/fish oil/ACV tablets/vitamin C/B5
Topicals:coconut oil/Jojoba oil/ACV AM and PM, washing with olive oil soap, BP AM and PM
Current status: couple of small angry white heads which is annoying but they clear up pretty quickly, mainly red marks and scars though

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users