"this too shall pass"

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 8
About Me

Achievements

Posted 17 February 2010 - 11:20 PM

Hey everyone,

Do you think it would be a good idea to just add a few drops of tea tree oil to my daily moisturizer (when it's in my hand) and apply that all over my face?

I would be using very little tea tree oil.

1) The only reason I ask is because I was wondering if tea tree oil can become pore-clogging if left on with your moisturizer / trapped in with your moisturizer?

2) Is this something I should do every day? Or would my body develop an allergy? Should I add it to my moisturizer every other day? Once a week?

Thanks guys! I am on the hunt for the most effective tea tree oil method.

-Andrew
21YO MALE / Completed Accutane (5 months @ 80mg/day) in 2009 / 95% CLEAR

Clean face morning + night with SpectroGel / Lukewarm showers (not hot water)
Use humidifier in winter / 50mg Zinc Citrate daily!!! / Shave with electric foil razor
Low glycemic/sugar, Low-wheat, Dairy-free diet / Launder pillow cases regularly
One drop of tea tree oil mixed into Complex 15 moisturizer morning and night

#2 Hope09

Hope09

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 February 2010 - 11:45 PM

Dude Tea Tree Oil cleared my acne. It's the best product out! I use the body shop facial wash. Just use it during the shower and just apply the moisturizer like 5-10 minutes after ur out of the shower.

Do this everyday and your face will be clear.. I promise. Stop using BP, SA, Acne.org products, or antibiotics because they either work for a couple of weeks and then stop working. BP and SA is terrible for the skin. It drys ur face up really bad!

- - - People Who I Respect - - -

• Wynne - Thank you for always supporting me and giving me some awesome tips to improve my skin. You're always their when I need ya, Thank you. :)

• DeeVoo - Seriously, You have been a real good friend to me ever since I've joined this community. You've helped me from the start and if it wasn't for you, My skin would be in trouble! Thank you :)

• Dan - Thanks for making Acne.org! If it wasn't for you! I wouldn't have the opportunity to find out I'm not the only one with skin problems and amazing good friends along the way. Thank you :)

** More Coming ** :)

#3 theGreyhound

theGreyhound

"this too shall pass"

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 8
About Me

Achievements

Posted 18 February 2010 - 12:25 AM

I know about using it as a cleanser (and i don't want to buy The Body Shop's expensive formulation) but I created this topic to ask about using it in my moisturizer.
21YO MALE / Completed Accutane (5 months @ 80mg/day) in 2009 / 95% CLEAR

Clean face morning + night with SpectroGel / Lukewarm showers (not hot water)
Use humidifier in winter / 50mg Zinc Citrate daily!!! / Shave with electric foil razor
Low glycemic/sugar, Low-wheat, Dairy-free diet / Launder pillow cases regularly
One drop of tea tree oil mixed into Complex 15 moisturizer morning and night

#4 SKguy

SKguy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 April 2010 - 03:40 PM

I love using tea tree oil - I don't add it to my moisturizer though - I just use a moisturizer with one already. I would say try it. Definitely daily.

#5 SpasticBastard

SpasticBastard

Mild to Moderate Acne Sufferer

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 4
About Me

Achievements

Posted 11 April 2010 - 06:27 PM

Ah Tea Tree Oil, the best (natural) disinfectant on the market. I assume you're using a 100% concentration from a bottle?

I'll just say this; I've added tea tree oil to my Egg White facial masks for awhile now, and even with the TTO being "trapped" within the egg whites and added honey, it's never clogged my pores afterward or caused any trouble. Not, of course, unless I added more than one droplet. That stuff is pretty powerful, and sometimes makes my skin burn something awful.

However, if you have naturally sensitive skin, I'd be very wary. And like all natural products, the results won't be immediate sad.gif
I say, experiment, one slow step at a time, and remember that everyone's skin is (sadly) different, so this is a journey you'll have to take on your own.

Still, Tea Tree Oil gets rid of all the nasty stuff that clogs pores, so I can't imagine that just adding it to moisturizer will suddenly make it a pore-clogger. Twould be against it's nature, right? Unless something goes horrible with the chemical make-up of your moisturizer when it meets the TTO. I hear using Jojoba oil as a moisturizer and adding TTO to that is a pretty secure moisturizing/disinfecting solution, but I've yet to try this method.

Edited by SpasticBastard, 11 April 2010 - 06:42 PM.

Tryin' out a new Regimen! Follow my trials and tribulations below:
A "Choice" Regimen

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users