Photo

Do your red marks turn brown before fading?

vitamin a niacin zinc red mark hyperpigmentation

5 replies to this topic

#1 amyelizabeth94

amyelizabeth94

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 17 February 2010 - 07:03 PM

Hey all,
I've finally graduated to the red marks forum because I'm finally getting clear! (not 100%, but 70%). I remember last fall being so jealous of those treating scars because I couldn't even think about that yet.

Anyway, now that I'm here, I have a few questions. For those of you that have fading red marks, did they turn brownish gray first? Mine are starting to do that and I hope it's a good sign. How long did they remain after they turned brown?

I'm using Mandelic Acid, ACV, and topical Niacinamide. (Sometimes I also use pure Aloe from the plant). Unfortunately I still have to use BP because that's what's keeping me clear. Am I using too many topicals?

I'm also taking Primrose Oil, Zinc, Vitamin A, Colostrum, and Spiro.

Finally, has anyone had success with Calamine lotion? I hear that it also helps with red marks.

Thanks all!
Amy

#2 CCasey

CCasey

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 18 February 2010 - 01:29 AM

thats what i generally found in my experience. if i dont really mess with it, the zit or w/e will just leave a small brown mark that fades in several weeks. but yeah, i find it goes from red --> brown --> faint skin color ---> gone! : D

#3 Anta

Anta

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 18 February 2010 - 10:19 AM

Mine gradually turn into a faint brown color and after a few weeks it start to blend in with my normal skin tone.

Edited by Anta, 18 February 2010 - 10:20 AM.

#4 amyelizabeth94

amyelizabeth94

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 18 February 2010 - 10:27 AM

Thanks guys! So many people say brown marks are harder to fade, but it seems to me like it is the healing process. At least they are easier to cover!

Anyone else like to add their experience? I'd love to have more data smile.gif

#5 allysaurus

allysaurus

just dance!

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:anyone who says sunshine brings happiness has never danced in the rain..

Posted 01 April 2010 - 02:11 AM

I know this is an older topic, but I figured it's better than starting a new one.

I have 2 giant red marks on my nose, one from prematurely picking a scab off. It's been almost 2 months for that particular one and it's still red. I've never had this problem before; normally my marks are like yours and they go from light pink to light brown and then they slowly blend in. What does this mean? Why is this mark not turning brown at all? Is that good or bad?

#6 amyelizabeth94

amyelizabeth94

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 02 April 2010 - 09:33 AM

Maybe it means the damage was deeper than your previous break-outs? Or perhaps it's because your older now and your skin takes longer to heal. Are you using BP? I think that makes my red marks last longer. Or it could be that your body isn't getting enough nutrients to heal properly. Try getting more zinc, vitamin A and vitamin C from food sources.

I just started lactic acid peels and I exfoliate with a baby's brush to speed things along. I'm waiting for emu oil and copper peptides to come in as well. I'm hoping a combination of these will help them fade faster. Most have only been there about 3 months, but I hate them!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users