#1 c'est la vigne

c'est la vigne

All aboard the nekobus!!!

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 14
About Me

Posted 16 February 2010 - 05:26 PM

NOTE: The directions below are based on the previous version of the Acne.org message board. Updated instructions can be found on the help page.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We get a lot of questions about how to set up certain features on accounts and how to work the message boards, so here's a list of some of the basic things members seem to need help with when starting out on Acne.org. I hope this makes getting started a bit easier for all of you.

***These directions are based on the Acne.org 2.0 skin, which is generally a more user-friendly skin than Spider. To change which skin you're using, use the dropdown menu located at the bottom of the screen, on the left side.***

Your Account:

Before posting: read http://www.acne.org/board-rules.html'>rules.

Posting is available only for users with confirmed email address. You can check your group in your profile.

To upload your Avatar (the image that appears next to your posts): My Menu >> My Controls >> (Personal Profile) Edit Avatar Settings

To upload your Personal Picture (the image that appears when you visit/leave comments on other members' profiles): Menu >> My Setting>> (Personal Profile) Change Personal Photo
---Note: Your Personal Picture is not the image that will appear next to your posts on the message boards.

To add a signature: Menu >> My Setting >> (Personal Profile) Edit Signature

To add a Custom Member Title (the phrase that appears under your avatar on the message boards): My Menu >> My Controls >> (Personal Profile) Edit Profile Information
---This is also where you can set your birthday, gender, instant messenger contact information, location, post a link to your website, and list your interests. (Some of these things are only visible when profiles are viewed using the Spider skin.)

To change your "mood": This feature has been disabled for some time now; the "mood" settings you may see under some people's avatars are remnants, and the members are unable to change them.

To change your display name: My Menu >> My Controls >> (Personal Profile) Change Display Name
---Only Veteran Members have the ability to change their display names.

On The Message Boards:

To start a thread: Find the appropriate forum and click the blue "New Post" button, located at the top or bottom of the screen, on the right side.

To reply in a thread: Click the blue 'Add Reply' button located at the top or bottom of the thread you'd like to reply in.
---To reply to a specific post in a thread, click the 'Reply' button located directly under the post you'd like to reply to, on the left side. This will allow you to quote the person you are replying to in your post.

To receive notifications of replies in a thread: In the upper right corner of threads, there's a drop-down menu that says 'Options', click that, and then chose 'Track this topic'. That will take you to a page where you can chose how often you'd like to be notified of new posts in the thread. The notifications with be sent to the email address that you registered with.

To add a picture to your post: Image tags (" />) have been disabled for some time, but you can add a picture to your post as an attachment by using the 'Attachments' tool, located directly under the text field when you're making a post. Simply upload the picture straight from your computer, use 'Manage Current Attachments' to add it to your post, and it will add a thumbnail image to your post (clicking on the image in the post will open a full size version of the image). To search for information on the message boards: Use the 'Search Boards' tool, located at the upper right side of the screen to search the boards for threads on various topics by keyword.> More Search Options

To edit your thread's title: Go to the first post in the thread and click 'Full Edit'; this will allow you to edit the post's text and title.

To 'tag' a thread: The 'Tag' tool (located at the top of each thread) works by linking threads that have the same tags. Tag each word or phrase separately to increase the chances that there will be other threads with matching tags.
---Example: Tagging a thread "my acne, medication, frustration, hope" would require another thread to have the same tag--"my acne, medication, frustration, hope"--in order to link the threads, and more than one thread having that particular tag isn't very likely. Instead, tagging "my acne", "medication", "frustration", and "hope" separately would increase the chances that other threads might also have one or more of those tags.

To delete your posts: Members do not have the ability to delete their posts; however, you are welcome to use the 'Edit' feature to edit the text out of your posts.

To report a violation of the board rules: Click the 'Report' button located on the left side under the post that violates the board rules and explain why you are reporting the post.
---This form is to be used ONLY for reporting objectionable content, etc. and is not to be used as a method of communicating with moderators for other reasons.

To become a Veteran Member: New lounge requirements (our off-topic forum)
--To check your post count, go to My Menu >> My Controls and your post count will be listed on the right, under 'Your account summary'.

To delete your account: Deleting Your Account

#2 lusie

lusie

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 June 2010 - 06:00 AM

Thanks for your all information.

#3 sullivan

sullivan

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 15 July 2010 - 10:09 AM

Hi I have a quick question. Many people have something you can click to get them to their logs on the message boards. The thing you click is in your signature but I dont know how to put it there. Can you help? thanks.

#4 c'est la vigne

c'est la vigne

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 July 2010 - 01:33 PM

QUOTE (sullivan @ Jul 15 2010, 11:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi I have a quick question. Many people have something you can click to get them to their logs on the message boards. The thing you click is in your signature but I dont know how to put it there. Can you help? thanks.

To add a signature: My Menu >> My Controls >> (Personal Profile) Edit Signature

To add a link to your signature, use the following code:

CODE
[url=http://www.domain.com]Click here![/url]

Replace the URL ("http://www.domain.com") with the URL of your log, and change "Click here!" to whatever text you want to appear as the link.

#5 alexus

alexus

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 March 2011 - 11:30 PM

Thanks for your all information.

Edited by alexus, 31 March 2011 - 11:30 PM.

#6 c'est la vigne

c'est la vigne

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 April 2011 - 07:01 AM

You're very welcome. : )

#7 SEVEN_SECONDS_AWAY!

SEVEN_SECONDS_AWAY!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 April 2011 - 02:32 PM

hey! i hope you can help me with this problem. i already change my picture (not the personal one the one that appears when you add a reply in a post) but it still appears the same one that was before. i want the new one, but it doesn't appear. i hope you can help me!. (i'm an veteran member)

#8 c'est la vigne

c'est la vigne

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 April 2011 - 08:17 PM

QUOTE (SEVEN_SECONDS_AWAY! @ Apr 7 2011, 03:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hey! i hope you can help me with this problem. i already change my picture (not the personal one the one that appears when you add a reply in a post) but it still appears the same one that was before. i want the new one, but it doesn´t appear. i hope you can help me!. (i´m an veteran member)

Sometimes it just takes a little while for the new picture to show up. ; )

#9 dragonfly21

dragonfly21

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 April 2011 - 03:06 PM

Hello,

I don't know as to why I can't upload any images to the gallery section. When I've browsed and selected the image i want and hit "upload" it sends me to a "server error" page.. sad.gif

And when I try uploading images to actual posts on topics the image just says "uploading image" and nothing happens! I waited for to see if it was just because it took awhile for it to load, but not even that...

I don't know what to do. I would really appreciate it if someone could tell me what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks smile.gif

#10 Neko-Chan

Neko-Chan

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 8
About Me

Posted 24 July 2011 - 01:23 AM

Is there somewhere I can find a list of common abbreviations used here and what they stand for? I keep seeing things like BP and PIH and so on, I have no idea what they mean. eusa_think.gif

#11 Manticore

Manticore

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 24 July 2011 - 08:16 AM

QUOTE (Neko-Chan @ Jul 24 2011, 08:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is there somewhere I can find a list of common abbreviations used here and what they stand for? I keep seeing things like BP and PIH and so on, I have no idea what they mean. eusa_think.gif

I don't think there are any threads about abbreviations on this site, but...

BP = Benzoyl Peroxide
PIH = Post Inflammatory Hyperpigmentation

If you see any more, try googling them.

#12 TIBBY

TIBBY

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 4
About Me

Posted 26 September 2011 - 10:55 PM

How do you write a review for a product that's not listed under reviews? Thanks!

#13 Gutterflower

Gutterflower

Self-Proclaimed Art Nerd

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 26 September 2011 - 11:59 PM

If you type in what you're looking to review in the search bar and the product isn't already in the system, the search will return no results and there will be a button that comes up with 'Add item to database'. Click on that and go for gold. :)

#14 cerzer40

cerzer40

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 November 2011 - 12:32 PM

Posted Image Posted Image

#15 catherinemorland

catherinemorland

I used to be excellent.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:reading, knitting, horror movies, ak, etc.

Posted 02 December 2011 - 07:36 PM

Just wondering, what are the different colors signifying in the user list?

#16 AKL

AKL

Retired Mod

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 December 2011 - 10:33 AM

Just wondering, what are the different colors signifying in the user list?

Blue = Member
Dark blue = Veteran Member (120+ posts)
Green = Veteran Member' (1,000+ posts)
Red = Moderator or Administrator

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users