Photo

Do Potatoes actually help with acne (topically applied)?

2 replies to this topic

#1 GreenDay4Ever

GreenDay4Ever

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 February 2010 - 07:42 PM

http://www.acne.org/.../852/page1.html

that is the link to the review that someone posted about their experience with potatoes. If anyone has any idea on the subject, please post!

#2 mercyunbound

mercyunbound

The Scientist

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 13 February 2010 - 08:00 PM

I don't think it's a miracle but because it's cheap and easy, it's worth a shot. Just make sure to use raw potato. The vitamin C makes your skin glow and it's also a natural astringent.

Personally, I don't find it to work magic when it comes to my acne (I have more moderate/severe acne anyway). It works pretty great for soothing puffy eyes though!

#3 Skyla07

Skyla07

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 March 2010 - 05:36 AM

YES - THIS WORKED FOR ME

I found a clip on Youtube about potatoes clearing acne scars (not sure if I can post links here but if someone can confirm with me that would be great and i'll post the link) so I tried this method for 2 months and I can say with 100% honesty it WORKED for me.

I had brown acne scars on my face and about 2 small pimples and after 1 week my pimples were completely gone (no scars left) and the brown scars were starting to fade.

2 months later all my scars are gone (even scars that were there months ago) but for me, the best thing of all was that I had NO BREAKOUTS! Not sure what it is but rubbing potato slices on my face not only cleared my scars but STOPPED me from getting any pimples!!!

I did the below method 4 times per week (once a day each time). Use RAW POTATOES

- Wash face first (I use Cetaphil for oily skin - I swear by this stuff)

- Cut potato into THIN slices (about 4) - Note: You can store left over potato in the fridge (Air tight container) for next time and it feels extra nice because the potato feels cool on the face. Potato in the fridge lasts for about 1 week. Make sure when you do re use the potato to cut a thin slice off the exposed potato as it can get a little brown. Always use the fresh white slices!!

- Rub slices on your face (I do my whole face!) in a circular motion until the potato slice felt dry (Use both sides of sliced potato) and the juice is on your face

- wait 20min (for the juice to sink in and dry)

- Wash off using a tiny amount of Cetaphil face wash.

- Moisturize face (I use Clinique face cream for normal skin)

- You should start seeing a difference between 1 to 2 weeks - DON'T GIVE UP as it takes a small amount of time.

Seriously, this worked for me and this is the first time in ages that I have been acne free. This does not work on deep scars like pock marks and ice pick scars as it only works on surface scars that are discolored. Remember, this method also STOP me from getting pimples. I now do this routine between 2 to 3 times per week to ensure I don't have anymore breakouts.

I hope this helps, let me know if you have any questions.

Edited by Skyla07, 26 March 2010 - 05:36 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users