Photo

Accutane Log: Finding Beauty in Negative Spaces

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
245 replies to this topic

#41 AerithStrife

AerithStrife

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 February 2010 - 02:32 AM

Best gloves ever! I have my pair, I wear them all the time. I was out clubbing tonight and the bouncer at one of the clubs said he loved them and that they are selling twice the price on ebay.

I use Joboba oil and love it. You can find it in most health food stores and it's pretty cheap. 20$ for a large amount that will last you forever.

#42 fashionjunkie231

fashionjunkie231

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 February 2010 - 02:48 PM

If you're having problems with a cakey makeup, you can try using liquid foundation, or a silicone based primer underneath. I moisturize, put sunscreen and let dry. Then put primer and let dry. Then my powder foundation. It tends to go on much smoother.

Goodluck! I can't wait for 5 months to be over!

#43 Jerichoa

Jerichoa

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 February 2010 - 11:50 AM

QUOTE (kernel.panic @ Feb 19 2010, 02:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
DAY NINE:

I'm positive that my skin is looking better. Less spotty, I'd say.
Over the past week, my dreams have gotten progressively odder and feel more realistic than reality does sometimes. Here's an except of my dream last night (and by the way, it has to do with the TV show “The Office”, so if you don't watch it, you're apt to be confused):
So, it was found out that Jim was cheating on Pam with his ex, Karen, like right before Pam's supposed to give birth to their child. And the scenes in which he cheats were graphic, to say the least. Like, slightly perturbing that my imagination would even come up with that. So I was watching this episode with my family and I remember thinking “Why would they put this plotline in there? Pam and Jim are soulmates!” and then I took a shower and was STILL upset over this horrid turn of events in The Office and I was kicking the shower walls because I was so upset.
WEIRD. Very weird.
The accutane aches and pains have started. Oh, and how they have started. It's one thing to read about them and another to experience them first-hand. I went to kickboxing with my cousin last night while I'm still at home and I thought I was seriously going to die afterwards. I just ended up laying in the backseat of her car for fifteen minutes afterwards, praying for someone to do the humane thing and shoot me to put me out of my misery. And when I bend over and then get a little too overzealous when I straighten up, my back spazzes out, like my muscles clumped up into a big knot and are frantically trying to sort themselves out.
Also, my skin is getting progressively and progressively dryer. It's to the point of where foundation is hard to wear without caking and flaking, which is not good. I heard that jojoba oil is good with dryness. Does anyone else have an opinion about this before I go out and buy some?
Oh yes, and also – my personal favourite – bloody boogers. Not nosebleeds, just boogers. Tonnes and tonnes of boogers. I think that within a day, I pick out a pound worth from each nostril. When I pinch my nose together, it feels like there's crystallized sugar candy up there.
Due to the remote fact that anyone on here remembers that I had to clean out my Oma's nuclear holocaust provisions in her cold room the other day, there's a second part to add to that story: So, after hauling an entire grocery store worth of odd items out of her basement, me and my brother had to transport them all to my Oma's new house. So, of course, my brother was speeding because he thinks it'll make all the chicks want him, and there was a ghost car on the side of the highway, and we were pulled over. THAT'S when I remembered that there were several unidentifiable baggies filled with suspicious green plants ALL OVER THE CAR. And the cops took a look in the back of the car when and saw all the junk we were hauling. And they came across a certain baggie that was the marijuana-ist looking of them all, with some crazy german writing on the front so you couldn't tell what it was anyways. It doesn't help that me and my brother have had a few – ahem – run-ins with the cops in our teenage years (deciding to climb up on the roof of a restaurant in the middle of the night and stealing grocery carts are just a few examples.) So that was fun.
For lack of anything more to write, I though I'd bore you with the news that I got myself a pair of Olympic mitts. Here's the PROOF.

AAAHHHH!!!! I think I forgot to write about that in my blog. Around days 7-9, I was having VIVID and BIZARRE dreams. In one, my current boyfriend decided he thought one of my ex boyfriends had cool hair (he doesn't, it's awful, he's awful, hence his ex-ness) and started styling his hair like that. The agony and gloom I felt was REAL. I'm glad I'm not the only one.

The police thing is funny! HEHE! I'm glad you're ok. smile.gif

By the way, you're super-beautiful. I love your eyes and your eyebrows, and your mitts... <3

#44 kernel.panic

kernel.panic

I feel like a prized asshole, no one even mentions my casserole

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 21 February 2010 - 05:32 PM

@missmooshoo: you're too funny. And how could you not want some crocheted berets?
@fashionjunkie: thanks for the makeup suggestions. I shall look into those. Just not today.
@jerichoa: THANK YOU. biggrin.gif

DAY ELEVEN:

I have deemed that the strangest word in the English language is “Taxidermy.” What the hell? It doesn't even remotely sound like the stuffing of animals. Sounds more like a taxi service/dermatologist office combo. Alternatively, “Gore-tex” is the grossest-sounding word and “Schematics” is the most fun to say. Why am I writing about this, you ask? Well, I'm on the bus (well, in a coffee shop where the bus stopped for a “layover” and there just happens to be free wi-fi here) going back to the rainy, gloomy, doomy city in which I attend post-secondary shenanigans and am trying to distract myself from wallowing in a fit of depression that's apt to hit around bedtime. I think that, just for shits, I should start a poll on here asking “In your opinion, what is the strangest word in the English language?”
Also, is it just me, or is Robert Pattison fuck-ugly? I'm looking at a magazine right now, and that man does NOT have a
PROFILE.

On the flip side, my skin is remarkably better. Sample it
YOURSELF.
(I really have to stop making such impressed faces in these pictures.) Very nice, compared to the tortured minefield it was when I came home at the beginning of the week.
What happened yesterday? Oh yes, I went skiing with three of my brothers and aside from the wipeouts, getting stuck in a snowbank for fifteen minutes and managing to shut down the entire lift, it was fun. Although, from all that snow and sun blinding me all day, my face was rather red afterwards. I'm assuming this is from accutane and lack of sunscreen. Fortunately, the redness went away and made me think that now is the time to invest in some good old spf. eusa_naughty.gif
So, POLL TIME! What do you think the strangest word in the English language is?
Or the funnest to say?
Or the ugliest?
Or the prettiest?
Or anything in between?

#45 fashionjunkie231

fashionjunkie231

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 February 2010 - 07:21 PM

QUOTE (kernel.panic @ Feb 21 2010, 03:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have deemed that the strangest word in the English language is “Taxidermy.” What the hell? It doesn't even remotely sound like the stuffing of animals. Sounds more like a taxi service/dermatologist office combo.

Everytime i hear "taxidermy" i think of Dwight from the office wanting to stuff Angela's dead cat. smile.gif

I don't think robert pattinson is attractive anymore. As he's aged this past year, he seems to have gotten a wider face along the way. Is it just me? In Twilight, he was cute, well groomed. Now, it's like his face has been flattened out and he doesn't take care of himself well.

Glad you're making progress!

Edited by fashionjunkie231, 21 February 2010 - 07:22 PM.

#46 PrettySpotty!

PrettySpotty!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 February 2010 - 07:54 PM

Oh no you di-int biotch..(slaps your face) well maybe not your face because we sorta have a rule here in this acne club not to touch each others faces..Anyway yea I agree with the smack talk, how come no one on here if fighting? It needs a bit more spice!

#47 PrettySpotty!

PrettySpotty!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 February 2010 - 07:56 PM

Oh and LEAVE EDWARD ALOOOONE!

#48 kernel.panic

kernel.panic

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 21 February 2010 - 08:42 PM

QUOTE (PrettySpotty! @ Feb 21 2010, 07:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

But Edward is so clearly a flat-faced, homosexual excuse for a creature of the night. eusa_hand.gif

#49 KeepSmilingThrough

KeepSmilingThrough

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 February 2010 - 09:00 PM

I agree. Robert Pattinson is one of the ugliest "heart throbs" on this current earth.

I love the word "Recalcitrant" I use it to confuse people. Its amazing how many blockheads in this world don't learn real words anymore.

Another favorite is the word "droll" this word is amazing and fun to say. Though it also sounds very odd. Kind of like "troll".

Your skin is looking amazing! Yayy!

#50 Jerichoa

Jerichoa

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 February 2010 - 09:24 PM

My post never posted. I attempted to post it hours ago. Now I'm sad. sad.gif

I must say that I envy your dry skin. However, you can keep your run in with the cops all for yourself! You never did finish the story though... I'm assuming you're not in jail because you posted, but who knows? saywhat.gif

Also, I think that you're super-beautiful. GOSH! I love your eyebrows. I didn't even notice the mits. XD <3

EDIT/EPIC FAIL
Actually, it DID post. Acne.org just really, really hates me, and does weird stuff like this to me all of the time. So, here you go, basically the same things I said before. biggrin.gif

[[You're Welcome!]]

Edited by Jerichoa, 21 February 2010 - 09:26 PM.

#51 fashionjunkie231

fashionjunkie231

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 February 2010 - 09:27 PM

QUOTE (PrettySpotty! @ Feb 21 2010, 05:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You're in love with edward, not robert pattinson. He's much cuter as Edward, when they shave him and contour his face so he looks more chiseled.

#52 PrettySpotty!

PrettySpotty!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 February 2010 - 10:54 PM

While I agree that Rob pattinson is not very good looking..I have a thing for his music ok.

#53 kernel.panic

kernel.panic

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 21 February 2010 - 11:10 PM

QUOTE (PrettySpotty! @ Feb 21 2010, 10:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
While I agree that Rob pattinson is not very good looking..I have a thing for his music ok.

that is acceptable.

#54 headtrip_honey

headtrip_honey

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 9
About Me

Posted 22 February 2010 - 07:37 AM

My thing with Rob Pattinson is that he can't do a damn American accent!

Seriously, he sounds like he has a speech impediment in Twilight. Especially his first "hello" to her. I nearly died laughing the first time I saw it.

I really need to get together a Twilight drinking game. Once I can drink again, that is.

#55 zucchini007

zucchini007

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 February 2010 - 01:21 PM

s.

Edited by zucchini007, 20 October 2010 - 12:42 PM.

#56 kernel.panic

kernel.panic

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 22 February 2010 - 09:46 PM

@keepsmilingthrough: recalcitrant is a good word too. It was stuck in my head while I was doing the dishes the other day.
@fashionjunkie: Poor Dwight. If he never killed Angela's cat, she probably would never have started dating Andy.
@prettyspotty: I'm liking this smack talk.

DAY TWELVE:

In addition to the peeling, the burning, the dry lips, the aching joints and the Mines of Moria in my nose, I have another ailment to add to the list: fatigue. Massive fatigue. So massive that it took me twenty minutes to haul my carcass out of bed this morning and figure out how to brush my teeth. Not that I'm complaining. I sort of like the side effects. It means that this drug is working.
Onto my skin: the two cysts on my cheeks went down, but there is another forming on my temple, making it rather hard to rest my head on my desk in Philosophy for a brief nap. One super-amazing thing: the little zits that were on my upper lip giving me the oh-so-sexy pimple moustache have disappeared. Just poof! I thought that that section of my face would be breaking out to shit during the course, since besides the cysts, they were the most persistent of my acne, but it's been clear there since Thursday night. Very nice. We'll see if this trend continues. Also, the blackheads on my nose are beginning to push themselves up so my nose is all bumpy now and I can't stop running my fingers over it.
(This next part is long – that's what she said – and isn't acne related in the least, so if you have pressing matters at hand to do, I suggest you do them instead. This next bit would probably make a nice bedtime story.)
It was definitely another freakishly weird day, even to my standards. It all started on my way back to Stalin's place. I boarded the bus, which is always jammed to maximum capacity with college and university students, so of course I ended up crammed behind where the back doors of the bus are. As I'm standing there, bored out of my mind and unable to wait until I'm off this hot, smelly bus full of people, I get the feeling that I'm being watched. I look around and, sure enough, I see this extremely creepy-looking guy staring at me. And by creepy, I mean that there wasn't just one particular thing that made him creepy, he was just icky overall. He had these beady little shit-brown eyes that were slightly dead looking, mud-blond hair, big, white Chicklet teeth and gold hoops in his ears. Of course, in that span of two seconds I looked him over, I had already dubbed him “General Icky Guy.â€
Needless to say, I avoided all eye contact with said ick for roughly 99% of the remainder of the bus ride. Then, just as I can see my stop approaching, I hear a police siren and automatically go to look for where it is, making the mistake of looking directly at General Icky Guy, who was still looking at me. Although, he wasn't looking at me. He was looking at my chest. Perhaps feeling my steely gaze on him, he looked up at me with his shit-coloured eyes and said “Oh – I wasn't doing that†(raises eyebrows pervertedly) “I was trying to read your shirt.â€
Now, of course, I'm confused, having no clue what shirt I dragged over my body this morning, so I looked down. It's a System of a Down shirt, although the band name is spelt out in jellybeans, thus making it rather hard to decipher. So, trying not to be a total bitch, I say, “Oh – it says System of a Down. In jellybeans.†And then the bus stop came and I practically tumbled out of the thing and hauled ass to my next bus stop. Of course, the bus wasn't going to come for another fifteen minutes, and as I'm standing there, I hear a generally-icky voice say to me, “Hey – I came up with a nickname for you.†Spinning around, my eyes wide with fear, I see that General Icky Guy also is using this bus stop. Ignoring my disgusted face, he pushes on with, “My nickname for you is Jellybean Girl.â€
Ooh. Wow. How original. I'm so impressed I can barely contain myself. Pervert. Luckily right then, a bus pulled up to the stop and, even though it wasn't my bus, I got on it anyways to avoid General Icky. Fun times.
However, this tale is not complete yet. Remember me telling you that I'm very tired today? Well, after I got on the right bus to get me to my final destination, I promptly fell asleep. And managed to miss my stop. So, of course, you can see my panic and confusion when I jolted awake and it was dark out and I was on my way to some little sub-district an hour out of the city. Yes – not terrifying at all. So, I waited until the bus stopped somewhere in the general “downtown†area of this place, hopped off, looked at the schedule and saw that the next bus that went back to where I had to be wouldn't come for another hour. An hour?! A whole fucking hour!! Needless to say, I was rather upset. Stuck out in this strange district at 6:30 at night where it's dark and cold and most stores were closed.
So – that's my day in a nutshell. I got back to Stalin's place at roughly 8:30 at night. At least I didn't arrive in a body bag.

Edited by kernel.panic, 28 May 2013 - 06:19 PM.

#57 fashionjunkie231

fashionjunkie231

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 February 2010 - 12:44 AM

Wow.. what an awful/eventful day.

I hate being approached by "icky" people, especially when alone. I feel like I'm going to be the next missing girl all over the Nancy Grace Show. New rule you should follow when in public spaces: no clothing with anything written on it. But hey, at least you didn't have "Juicy" or "Rockstar" written across your ass smile.gif

Hope tomorrow's better.

#58 PrettySpotty!

PrettySpotty!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 February 2010 - 12:17 PM

QUOTE (missmooshoo007 @ Feb 22 2010, 12:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
strangest word.. hrmmm.. well there's the obvious ones like booger.. and spleen is a quality word as well. i like the word 'wonky.' and 'tweak.' and UNITARD! it sounds like it should mean a retarded unicorn, but nope, its a onesie for grownups!

as for robert pattinson, he isn't really that attractive, but his role as a vampire makes him more desirable (in theory at least) because he's 'special' and superhuman. also, he represents danger and a sort of strange hungry attraction (sucking blood seems kind of.. sexual.) anyway, i think he makes a sexy vampire, but on interviews hes a bit dim (i saw him on Ellen.. lol.)

yup, i am HOOKED UP when it comes to berets. i have stacks and stacks of them.

by the way, your skin is looking really good already! can't wait to see it when you're done.
i'm too lazy/ not brave enough to post pictures of me without makeup, since i can barely look at myself that way.

I cant stop laughing about the retarted unicorn! I also agree that sucking blood is very sexual...I think when my husband gets home I will make him start feeding on me sorta like in True Blood! Oh and I will also have him bit pillows and snap the headboard into pieces! evil.gif

#59 PrettySpotty!

PrettySpotty!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 February 2010 - 12:25 PM

So where you riding the short bus or something?????? LOL, You should have gotten General Icky's #, gave him a call and see what may have developed! He may have a huge schmekel and now you will never know. The creepy icky guys usually do...maybe you will run into him again and you can make things right! Keep me posted and good luck eusa_sick.gif

Edited by PrettySpotty!, 23 February 2010 - 12:26 PM.

#60 Jerichoa

Jerichoa

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 February 2010 - 01:46 PM

I was wondering how I missed all of this, then I realized that I posted on my own log last night, then promptly dozed off whilst reading an essay about Gender Criticism. Look at the type of people you attract to your log. smile.gif I'm like General Icky, but female.

I'm not going to get too involved in the Edgar (or whatever his name is) conversation except to say that the only sexual attraction I could understand anyone feeling towards him must stem from his being a vampire. I mean, just look at him. Not only is he not attractive, but he's horribly unattractive.

Your skin is looking great, and you're still UBER adorable. AAHHHH! Especially when you wear your jellybean-texted shirts. smile.gif