Photo

The Cure for Cottage Cheese Ass

gluten rosacea

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

#1 nowash

nowash

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 February 2010 - 03:54 PM

Okay if that title doesn't draw some attention I don't know what will. I didn't see any rules up about expletives so don't ban me, lol.

I think I understand some things now. I have no anecdotal evidence, but this is a theory so follow me on this. For those of you who have been following alternativista's ZAG enzyme/lectin thread, my recent thread, or any of the lectin theory going about this will make the most sense.

So we all know lectins in foods bind to various things in our bodys and cause a reaction and/or damage. Wheat lectins damage the intestines, etc. etc. I'm not going to name them. We also know that what they bind to are specific sugars, N-acetyl glucosamine for example. We also know certain lectins bind to joints and cause arthritis pain in some people, and thus going on a low-lectin diet clears the pain (mostly by giving up gluten). Now we also know that N-acetyl glucosamine, as per recent research in the aforementioned threads, is present in bovine cartilage and shark cartilage. I also understood before this it was present in bone somewhere, wasn't sure where. Finally we also know that glucosamine supplements help people with joint pain.

So we conclude easily that we're inhibiting the lectin with NAG. What does this have to do with collagen? Well I was looking up connective tissue on wikipedia, as I read somewhere NAG is abundant in it, and found this:

Collagen is the main protein of connective tissue in animals and the most abundant protein in mammals, making up about 25% of the total protein content.

And it hit me. As soon as I saw collagen I immediately thought cottage cheese butt, and was like "Ohhh." The lectins in the food people eat bind to collagen in peoples skin and damage it. The problem is not excess collagen, but damaged collagen. (Sorry, what I meant to say is not that collagen is damaged, but the connecting polymer, which contains NAG, that binds collagen together is being inhibited by lectins somehow.) I bet if these people consumed NAG, boiled some pig's feet, or stopped lectins they would fix that fast.

I believe nobody should ignore this theory anymore, it's proof enough. Need more proof? Take a look at the autoimmune disease rates between women and men. Women are substantially higher (75% of them women). Now take a look who has the most cellulite between men and women. It's women. Lectins have been implicated in autoimmune disease. I wonder what makes women more sensitive though.

Although, men and women seem to be 50/50 in the case of acne, but what about later in life? Is it more women? I know rosacea affects more women than men. It also affects Celtic people more, and I read somewhere 1 in 33 Northern Europeans have gluten intolerance.

Anyways, I thought it was interesting. Cellulite can be a cue for overall health, or health later in life. I don't have cellulite myself, so could any of the members here test this theory out? All you need to do is boil pig's feet or a whole chicken and eat it. Maybe give up the N-acetylglucosamine galactosamine binding lectins.

However, we really need to find ways to reduce or inhibit lectins efficiently. It's imperative for good health and good skin. I wonder if it could help heal scars...

Anyways.

P.S. - I have personally found that whole chicken (skin included), but not lean, makes me feel better. I don't eat it however, since it's time consuming and red meat has more nutrients. However, I am going to buy some pigs feet and boil it, see if it helps my acne. Perhaps use the broth in bread or tortillas...

P.P.S. - Shark cartilage has been thought to cure cancer. Wonder why? They contain two sugars that bind many lectins in grains, N-acetylglucosamine and N-acetylgalactosamine. Two studies found no significance in taking the supplements, but that's probably because they're using pills. I bet you have to boil it to be effective.

Edited by nowash, 07 February 2010 - 06:48 PM.

Regimen caveman style: Not washing my face AT ALL currently, helps a lot. (thanks wapak + others)
Also following a no-dairy (trying for no-gluten) low insulin index/glycemic load diet while intermittent fasting, helps tons too.
Researching Th1/Th2 balance currently as well as histadelia.

#2 LiliVG

LiliVG

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Posted 05 February 2010 - 04:38 PM

I know that homemade turkey broth does wonders for my skin and acne. As for reversing collagen damage, I don't see how it can do that. Theoretically preventing future collagen damage, sure, but how would it reverse previously done damage?
Last updated 03/26/10

Supplements
- 50,000 IU Vitamin D once a week
- 250 - 500mgs calcium citrate per day
- 1,000mgs Vitamin C per day

General Dietary Principles
- Only consume manually pressed/organic oils and fats to avoid pesticides and hexane
- Avoid high fructose corn syrup and artificial sweeteners
- Avoid hydrogenated oils
- Snack frequently (important!)
- Include high fiber foods like beans (chili yum!), trail mix (good for the frequent snacks), and raw veggies (also good as a snack with ranch dressing).
- Make sure I get enough sodium chloride (salt) throughout the day (good sources include ranch dressing (yummy with the raw veggies), chili, and pickles.

#3 Chris-6

Chris-6

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 February 2010 - 04:56 PM

is this Collagen in fat or ligaments/connective tissue/bones of chicken ? can you still get it from chicken bones, whole skinless boiled chicken pieces, or gelatinous broth that was chilled and had fat skimmed off?

i try to avoid the excess polyunsaturated fats in chicken skin/fat

I often boil a pair of chicken feet and a chicken head biggrin.gif for a nice broth

there's some collagen in gelatin protein powders

Edited by Chris-6, 05 February 2010 - 04:57 PM.

#4 nowash

nowash

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 February 2010 - 05:06 PM

QUOTE (LiliVG @ Feb 5 2010, 04:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I know that homemade turkey broth does wonders for my skin and acne. As for reversing collagen damage, I don't see how it can do that. Theoretically preventing future collagen damage, sure, but how would it reverse previously done damage?

Oh whoops, I meant cellulite. Let me do some research, it seems to be connected...

is this Collagen in fat or ligaments/connective tissue/bones of chicken ? can you still get it from chicken bones, whole skinless boiled chicken pieces, or gelatinous broth that was chilled and had fat skimmed off?

i try to avoid the excess polyunsaturated fats in chicken skin/fat

I often boil a pair of chicken feet and a chicken head biggrin.gif for a nice broth

there's some collagen in gelatin protein powders

No, you need the sugar that binds the lectin which is present in the skin or cartilage of animals, I think. I'm not sure if the gelatin that forms afterwords is it, because I've read that's mostly protein. We're looking for a sugar.

Edited by nowash, 05 February 2010 - 05:08 PM.

Regimen caveman style: Not washing my face AT ALL currently, helps a lot. (thanks wapak + others)
Also following a no-dairy (trying for no-gluten) low insulin index/glycemic load diet while intermittent fasting, helps tons too.

#5 venam

venam

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 February 2010 - 05:51 PM

Like everything, the theory sounds awesome because you are ignoring 30,000 other things that are going on in the body at the same time.

Try it out and tell us your results. One thing that give you props from me: traditional cultures eat EVERYTHING from an animal, completely no waste at all. Many of the organs help because they are really high in vitamins, same with bone marrow and other fats, maybe this is another good thing about eating the entire animal. Lets us know.

Edited by venam, 05 February 2010 - 05:57 PM.

#6 nowash

nowash

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 February 2010 - 06:27 PM

Okay we got:

N-acetylglucosamine,

which binds with glucuronic acid and forms a polymer called hyaluronan.

Hyaluronan,

which is distributed widely through connective, epithelial, and neural tissues (which is why we get glucosamine from animal skin and bone/cartilage),

specifically in our case is present as a coating (which is why lectins can attach to them) around cartilage cells called chondrocytes.

Chondrocytes are the only cells present in cartilage. They form a matrix and are made of up of proteoglycans and collagen.

Proteoglycans are glycoproteins (like lectins) and are found in connective tissue.

And here we go, straight from cellulite's wiki, under the "Causes" section:

The causes of cellulite are poorly understood [10] and may involve changes in metabolism and physiology such as gender specific dimorphic skin architecture, alteration of connective tissue structure, hormonal factors, the microcirculatory system, the extracellular matrix, and subtle inflammatory alterations.[1][2][10][11]

Hormonal factors

Hormones play a dominant role in the formation of cellulite. Estrogen may be the important hormone and initiate and aggravate cellulite. However, there has been no reliable clinical evidence to support such a claim. Other hormones including insulin, the catecholamines adrenaline and noradrenaline, thyroid hormones, and prolactin are all believed to participate in the development of cellulite.[2]

Genetic factors

There is a genetic element in individual susceptibility to cellulite.[2] Researchers led by Dr Enzo Emanuele have traced the genetic component of cellulite to particular polymorphisms in the angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) and hypoxia-inducible factor 1A (HIF1a) genes.[8]

Predisposing factors

Several factors have been shown to affect the development of cellulite. Gender, race, biotype,[12] distribution of subcutaneous fat, and predisposition to lymphatic and circulatory insufficiency have all been shown to contribute to cellulite.[2]

Diet

Dieting has shown to have variable effects on improving or worsening the appearance of cellulite.
[13]

Lifestyle

A high stress lifestyle will cause an increase in the level of catecholamines, which have also been associated with the evolution of cellulite. [2]

Any of that sound familiar? Look particularly at the diet section. Diet has been shown to improve OR worsen the appearance alone. Weight loss itself didn't help. When normal people wanna eat healthy, what do they eat? Whole grains. That in itself would make it worse, but let me get to my point.

I can't found the article I originally had but this article says this:

http://www.sofeminin...-cellulite.html

What is cellulite?
Cellulite isn't an illness; it's just unsightly. It's linked to hormones and mainly affects women.
It's a superficial layer of fat underneath the skin that is affected by the size of fat cells (adipocytes), made worse by water retention (bad blood and lymphatic circulation) and fibrosis (change in collagen fibre). There are 3 types of cellulite: cellulite caused by excess fat storage cellulite, caused by collagen dysfunction, and cellulite caused by water retention due to poor circulation.

The site I was looking for said collagen production decreases as we age. I do not buy that. My theory is that collagen cannot form the matrix since the proteoglycans needed to connect them together are being damaged by lectins, resulting in a poorly formed tissued. IOW, cottage cheese.

I don't see why you cannot make more connective tissue. They say you can't regrow any cartilage either, but somehow the glucosamine pill poppers stop their pain. If the pain is being caused by your bones rubbing together from lack of cartilage, what grows in between there to prevent it?

Unfortunately, the autoimmune disease to women connection is debunked by this point from this article:

http://www.managecellulite.com/

The subcutaneous fat layer in a woman is organised into large upright chambers allowing fat to be stored. In men, these chambers are organised into small slanting units. These store smaller fat quantities and are not likely to form cellulite.

I still think it could be fixed, otherwise a bruise would leave you with cellulite.

#7 nowash

nowash

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 February 2010 - 06:33 PM

QUOTE (venam @ Feb 5 2010, 05:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Like everything, the theory sounds awesome because you are ignoring 30,000 other things that are going on in the body at the same time.

Try it out and tell us your results. One thing that give you props from me: traditional cultures eat EVERYTHING from an animal, completely no waste at all. Many of the organs help because they are really high in vitamins, same with bone marrow and other fats, maybe this is another good thing about eating the entire animal. Lets us know.

I may not understand completely how the body works, but FFS what am I ignoring? I post these here so people can shoot them down. And part of this one did get shot down due to the subcutaneous fat storage differences between sexes.

I can't try it out; I don't have cellulite. All I know is that a whole chicken that I cook and rendered, when put in the fridge formed a shitload of gelatin, and made me feel better when I ate it. Bone broth is known for when people have an upset stomach. Weston Price used bone broth, etc.

If you have any criticisms, do tell.

#8 Brissyguy

Brissyguy

BG

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 05 February 2010 - 10:26 PM

Haha I tell my best friend she has cottage cheese ass all the time.
I don't take any supplements anymore!
Not on the regimen anymore after being on it for 2 years
updated nov 2012.

#9 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 February 2010 - 04:16 PM

Always with the bone broth. I'm not knocking it, but I don't think this is evidence that it's as vital as Sally Fallon claims. I think it depends on what else you eat. In the western diet, it probably was/is important.

Sweet potatoes are high in hyaluonic acid.

Anything made of chitin is a good source for glucosamine, so that means mushrooms and crustacean shells like the whole dried shrimp eaten in commonly eaten Mexico. And even insects also commonly eaten throughout the world. The insect thing, might not do us any good, but powdered dried shrimp is a good flavoring for rice and soups. You can also boil your shells to make broth for seafood soups, although I don't know that that releases the glucosamine.

Some sources of mannose are tomatoes, fenugreek (commonly used in Indian cooking), kelp and shiitake mushrooms.

Galactose is widely available in fruits and veggies.

But so far, I've only seen bone broth and shark cartilage as a source for N-acetylgalactosamine.

Edited by alternativista, 06 February 2010 - 04:52 PM.

Status: Clear after 30 years. Wow, I guess it's been 6 years, now.

[ Story: Severe Acne since I was 10. 10+ years of Dermatologists, Antibiotics, topicals and ACCUTANE did nothing. Discovered oranges triggered the worst of my cystic acne = about 70% improvement. Tried some nutrient supplements like B-complex with zinc and C, saw palmetto and a BHA like the aspirin mask = more improvement, a lot less oily. Then, Diet changes = Clear.

Regimen: Anti-inflammatory, nutrient dense, blood sugar stabilizing diet and supplements (for hormones, inflammation, aging, health). No soap or other cleanser except for hand washing! Water only or Oil cleanse. Aloe Vera mixed with niacinimide and a high linoleic acid oil for moisturizer and reduce pigmentation.

Diet effects acne in so many ways: hormone balance, inflammation, Insulin levels, digestion, allergies and intolerances, liver function, adrenal function, SHBG levels, sebum quality, cell function and turnover, nutrient deficiencies, body fat, etc. Basic advice: Eat, sleep, supplement and exercise like you are a diabetic. And eat real food!

For more information, see my Good Things for Acne thread *Moderator edit - Please refer to the board rules (see “Advertising/soliciting”, “Linking” and “Signatures”)*

When you eat stuff, Stuff Happens!

#10 LiliVG

LiliVG

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Posted 07 February 2010 - 04:29 PM

I see how you're saying that cellulite is caused by damage to the connective tissue in the skin, but you seem to be jumping from that, to an assumption that it can be reversed by changing your diet. I don't see how that happens. Can you break down a scar by changing your diet? Same principle. What would cause this damaged connective tissue to break down and reform? I can see how this principle could be applied to someone hoping to prevent cellulite in the first place, but I just don't see how you're saying it would undo previously done damage.
Last updated 03/26/10

Supplements
- 50,000 IU Vitamin D once a week
- 250 - 500mgs calcium citrate per day
- 1,000mgs Vitamin C per day

General Dietary Principles
- Only consume manually pressed/organic oils and fats to avoid pesticides and hexane
- Avoid high fructose corn syrup and artificial sweeteners
- Avoid hydrogenated oils
- Snack frequently (important!)
- Include high fiber foods like beans (chili yum!), trail mix (good for the frequent snacks), and raw veggies (also good as a snack with ranch dressing).
- Make sure I get enough sodium chloride (salt) throughout the day (good sources include ranch dressing (yummy with the raw veggies), chili, and pickles.

#11 nowash

nowash

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 February 2010 - 06:43 PM

Lol, it's highly speculative Lili; a thought I had when I heard about rheumatoid arthritis being caused or helped by change in diet and glucosamine. I looked up some stuff and the same things forming cartilage are similar in that part of the mesh that holds together adipose tissue are the same in cartilage.

I'm not saying it's damage, per se, since I don't really understand how lectins "damage" what it binds to. And I learned it's not the collagen that would be damaged, I should probably change that in my first post. Everyone just says we make less collagen as we age and cellulite is the result and is normal.

What I'm proposing is that perhaps the sugars that bind the collagen into that mesh, that hold fat cells in a structure, are being stripped away by the lectins. That would cause an "altered connective tissue structure," giving the result we see in cellulite, which looks like poorly formed fat.

http://www.fitnessch.../badhealth.html

That site claims wheat causes it, so it seems some people have already made the connection. Except if it were true, all the NAG binding lectins would be at fault, and not just wheat. Maybe why it's so rampant.

Scar tissue, there's no scar tissue formation in cellulite AFAIK, so there's none that you really need to break down. Scars are made of fibrous connective tissue though, so I guess changing diet or inhibiting lectins would help a little, maybe help it form. I don't know how scars fade so I can't tell you.

So I'm not saying damage would be healed, I'm saying altered structures would be fixed. Sounds the same I know, but think of it more as a deficiency of a link in a mesh that prevents collagen from holding fat cells in place attractively. Not that your body cannot form that "essential sugar" itself, I just think it's being inhibited somehow by lectins. Catch my drift?

IOW, inhibiting lectins would allow the body to correctly make connective tissue.

Edited by nowash, 07 February 2010 - 06:49 PM.

#12 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 April 2012 - 07:58 AM

I see how you're saying that cellulite is caused by damage to the connective tissue in the skin, but you seem to be jumping from that, to an assumption that it can be reversed by changing your diet. I don't see how that happens. Can you break down a scar by changing your diet? Same principle. What would cause this damaged connective tissue to break down and reform?

Intermittent fasting and or interval training on empty stomach promote the breakdown and recycling of tissues. MDA has written about both of these and I know he had links to studies on one or both that showed women tended to lose cellulite and/or weight in the problem areas.

Edited by alternativista, 09 April 2012 - 07:59 AM.

Status: Clear after 30 years. Wow, I guess it's been 6 years, now.

[ Story: Severe Acne since I was 10. 10+ years of Dermatologists, Antibiotics, topicals and ACCUTANE did nothing. Discovered oranges triggered the worst of my cystic acne = about 70% improvement. Tried some nutrient supplements like B-complex with zinc and C, saw palmetto and a BHA like the aspirin mask = more improvement, a lot less oily. Then, Diet changes = Clear.

Regimen: Anti-inflammatory, nutrient dense, blood sugar stabilizing diet and supplements (for hormones, inflammation, aging, health). No soap or other cleanser except for hand washing! Water only or Oil cleanse. Aloe Vera mixed with niacinimide and a high linoleic acid oil for moisturizer and reduce pigmentation.

Diet effects acne in so many ways: hormone balance, inflammation, Insulin levels, digestion, allergies and intolerances, liver function, adrenal function, SHBG levels, sebum quality, cell function and turnover, nutrient deficiencies, body fat, etc. Basic advice: Eat, sleep, supplement and exercise like you are a diabetic. And eat real food!

For more information, see my Good Things for Acne thread *Moderator edit - Please refer to the board rules (see “Advertising/soliciting”, “Linking” and “Signatures”)*

When you eat stuff, Stuff Happens!