Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zinc

5 posts in this topic

Read the following on a hair loss website:

Topical application of zinc has shown to reduce sebum prodcution and acne. Also some people suffering fron acne have been found to have zinc deficiencies in their skin, inspite of the fact that they may have normal levels within their bloodstream.

Any comments?

The evilest thing God ever did was give ME facial hair.

check out this thread of the same name:

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php?showtopic=25819

here are some excerpts from skintactix.com:

Testosterone (an androgen hormone) targets the skin and the sebaceous glands where sebum is produced.  It combines with the enzyme 5alpha-reductase to produce dihydrotestosterone, which stimulates the sebaceous glands to produce increased volumes of sebum.

Skintactix acne products block 5alpha-reductase with cinnamon extract, zinc and green tea extract, and thereby reduce dihydrotestosterone.  This reduces sebum production.

As an example, the skin requires huge amount of zinc to fight acne and to repair/heal its infections, placing a strain on skin and body zinc supply.  The majority of people with moderate to severe acne develop systemic zinc deficiency based upon the severity of the acne.  As a result infections tend to become larger, last longer and heal more slowly.

there seems to be a lot of questions on Zinc so i'll write some ideas in another thread about best methods to take zinc and zinc consumption.

Yeah, see, I am already in plans to take B6, Zinc, and Saw Palmetto to reduce 5alpha-reductase. Not because of acne, but because of prostate and hair pattern benefits. I'll let everyone know how it affects my acne...

The evilest thing God ever did was give ME facial hair.