goodlife

AMVC spontaneous scarring

530 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, 

I have never used retinol nor accutane, but was on benzol peroxide for about 5 years. 
I recently exfoliated my face harsh twice ( a week apart), and then I started to see random scarring. 
Like most of people here, I freaked out and went to see a doctor and a dermatologist but they did not have an answer for me.
I have done lots of blood tests in the end and it showed that I have slightly lower white blood cell counts/low iron/suspected hyperthyroidism. Other than that, I was fine. 

At first, I also thought this was immune related, but I cannot find any symptoms in other parts of my body but face. 
Also, people who have suffered AMVC years ago have not claimed any auto-immune disease until now.

I was just wondering.. did anyone here start to see random scarring after they exfoliated their face? 
I feel like over-exfoliating my face have caused this (on skin treated with benzol peroxide for years), but of course, I need more evidence to prove this. 

Please let me know and we will find a solution together. 

I too have this problem from last 1 n half year..in past i had acne..but the areas where i never ever had any acne there i notice these scars like in middle of my forehead..i dont take any fish oil..neithr any other supplements..want to know the reason for this atleast..its very upseting when u dont have any clue n suddenly u see anothr scar appering on ur face..if anyone knows anything i can do for these scars..then plz help

On 26/12/2016 at 8:46 AM, 487981_1443953454 said:

Hi everyone, 

I have never used retinol nor accutane, but was on benzol peroxide for about 5 years. 
I recently exfoliated my face harsh twice ( a week apart), and then I started to see random scarring. 
Like most of people here, I freaked out and went to see a doctor and a dermatologist but they did not have an answer for me.
I have done lots of blood tests in the end and it showed that I have slightly lower white blood cell counts/low iron/suspected hyperthyroidism. Other than that, I was fine. 

At first, I also thought this was immune related, but I cannot find any symptoms in other parts of my body but face. 
Also, people who have suffered AMVC years ago have not claimed any auto-immune disease until now.

I was just wondering.. did anyone here start to see random scarring after they exfoliated their face? 
I feel like over-exfoliating my face have caused this (on skin treated with benzol peroxide for years), but of course, I need more evidence to prove this. 

Please let me know and we will find a solution together. 

I think its becoz of benzol peroxide..i too use the same and i too have now got the prblm
1 person likes this

Can someone PLEASE explain why they think OMEGA 3 causes this?  I have some shallow indents after accutane but I think thats because 1. You cant see scars with active inflamtion/acne, and 2. Scars are more visible with dry skin.  However, I am baffled at how Omega 3 can cause this.  I really need to know why.  I have been doing research and found NOTHING on this besides THIS thread. No studies, nothing. Is the whole thing an idea perpetuated by "lammar." Did one dude just say something random and it snow balled? Omega 3 fish oil is not the same as cod liver oil which has vitamin A.  So i simply want an answer to WHY fish oil does this and MEDICAL PROOF.....Is this honestly any more then a guy with about 2500 posts on this website (hypochondriac) simply just saying something? Jesus Christ.  Also, Im pretty sure this problem is considered VERY rare..... as in like 100 cases world wide....... can a rationale human being please explain this to me

Like you realize the literature says that there has been 23 documented cases since it was discovered...... TWENTY THREE. This 22 page thread is a perfect example of why I cant go on this website.... its a play ground for hyopchondriacs and its scares people.