359 replies to this topic

#341 SweetJade1980

SweetJade1980

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 February 2010 - 06:39 PM

Howdy,

First off, Lili I love your hypothesis that Virastop may be working to breakdown foreign proteins in the blood! The body will attack any foreign proteins that appear in the blood because, usually it's a pathogenic invader and the immune system is primed to stop this invader. Any person that is experiencing food sensitivities, whether an allergy or an intolerance, will react because of the protein that the immune system has tagged as an invader that must be destroyed.

With regards to food, undigested proteins are not supposed to enter the blood stream, but of course this can happen for a variety of reasons. The most popular reasons are due to having poor digestion (lack of specific digestive enzymes, low HCL) or Leaky Gut Syndrome. Most certainly a person can have combination of the two, as may be seen with those that have Celiac's Disease or went through an acute stressful phase or are simply chronically stressed (whether you feel it or not) as this will inhibit your ability to properly digest foods. With regards to developing Leaky Gut Syndrome, we know there are a variety of ways, but one such possibility is the presence of some type of systemic yeast in the body.

Certain types of yeast can cause a host of neurological, gastrointestinal, immunological (can mimic chemical and food sensitivities esp. gluten) and physical (i.e. acne, psoriasis, rashes) symptoms in the human body when out of balance. If it's present in your gastrointestinal tract, it actually starts weaving itself in your intestinal walls, thus...the development of leaky gut. Ways you can increase the presence of yeast is overconsumption of refined carbohydrates, weak immune system, antiobiotic abuse (and no high potency probiotic), excess alcohol consumption (feeds yeast), glucocorticiods (prednisone, dexamethasone), birth control, heavy metals, hypothyroidism, diabetes, constipation, chronic stress (increases cortisol a glucocorticoid & depresses immune system), parasites and....the breakdown/reduction of viruses and bacteria!

I've had customers and clients tell me repeatedly that they have had chronic yeast problems for years and that over time, their symptoms and sensitivities worsened. Some people have shared that they experience die off symptoms or increased activity (which could possibly still be die off) when they consume foods or supplements are sometimes known to improve digestion, but most importantly the inhibition/elimination of yeast (ginger, xylitol, Candidex, Grapefruit Seed Extract/GSE, Probiotics etc.). These symptoms include...headaches, fatigue, nausea, mild sore throat or other cold/flu-like symptoms that may last a few days or a few weeks.

So the conundrum appears to be two-fold with Virastop, correct? Some people have ceased taking it because it did one or both of the following: possibly increased breakouts or made them feel sick. Well, there are a few thoughts with regards to die off reactions:

1. If you are experiencing a die off reaction, then what you are taking is working!
  2. If you are experiencing a die off reaction, then what you are taking is too strong for your body to handle. Try reducing the dosage or frequency and slowly build up to the suggested amount.
  3. If you are experiencing a die off reaction, then you may not be supporting your body in the detoxification and elimination process. Try enhancing this process by increasing water consumption, taking soluble (inulin, acacia, glucomannon) and insoluble fibers (psyllium, chia, flaxseed) and Bentonite Clay (binds viruses, bacteria, toxins) or Activated Charcoal, to help absorb and flush these toxins out of the body.

Granted, there is another possibility. That possibility is that some of you are not experiencing a die-off reaction, but perhaps increased yeast activity! Enzymedica's ViraStop does not contain any enzymes to help breakdown fats or carbohydrates and according to this source below, that still leaves the carbohydrate component of a select virus or bacteria available as food for yeast! http://www.enzymestu...nviruses.htm#10

In this case ViraStop, containing systemic or proteolytic enzymes, is breaking down components of a virus, bacteria and/or fungi, breaking down products that clog the blood that will help increase circulation & tissue repair, and decreasing acute and chronic inflammation, all further supporting the immune system, but unlike other immune supporting products, does not activate the immune system. So if you are feeling sick, it is not because it's heightening your immune response (inflammation, sore throat, mucous production, etc), something else is going on. Although, it does free up the immune system so that it can function better, so it may feel like it made you sick or prolonged your cold when instead it allowed your immune system to function more optimally. Of course...if it is breaking down products that are not being eliminated properly or inadvertently feeding certain types of yeast, this can also mimic signs of the flu or a cold. Additionally, if your body contains a virus (like HSV-1) you may also experience die off symptoms from that as well. Just a thought...

So yesterday I spoke with our demo person for Enzymedica and he felt that if digestion is the problem you need to take digestive enzymes. Of course, this company is among the best out there regarding enzymes, it's predominately all they do! You may be a person that needs to take both a digestive enzyme and a systemic enzyme. For something more specific, the company (among others) makes an enzyme product to breakdown the gluten protein, Glutenase, for those of you that eat out and are concerned with cross-contamination. Actually, I received a sample bottle of a Digest Gold + Probiotics that contains a small amount of DPP-IV (which is the enzyme that breaks down gluten), but it does not do what ViraStop does, yet some of you may want to try consider one of the two when eating out. If you have chronic inflammation going on, acne is an inflammatory skin disorder that can certainly be a sign of another chronic inflammatory condition, than he recommended doing ViraStop over Repair Gold. Both work on reducing inflammation, but he felt the ViraStop would do a better job, especially for chronic inflammation.

Furthermore, since acne has multiple forms of inflammation involved in the development, including histamine production, you may want to consider something that reduces or balances histamine. Remember Histadelia? Enzymedica makes a product called, Allerase that does just that. Our demo person said that it would work for those that have food sensitivities as well. In fact, there's another product on the market known as Histame, which works by providing an enzyme that regulates histamine levels to prevent over accumulation, especially with regards to consuming high histamine foods. Of course, you can also reduce the over production of histamine by taking a combination known as QBC (quercitin, bromelian and vitamin c) or just plain Quercitin. If you take the QBC form, take it on an empty stomach (1 hr before or 2 hrs after eating) so the bromelian will help breakdown inflammation.

Personally, I love my job! My company hires nutritionists to provide free nutritional education and counseling for staff, customers and members of the community, among other things, and as a result I get to work with so many different types of people. So if any of you live near a Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage, I invite you to come in for a visit or setup an always complimentary coaching session with the nutritionist there. As for the prices that have been quoted so far for Enzymedica products, we have those beat! If you do not live near one, we do have a website that you can always shop from as well: Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage and hopefully it will help further support your savings in this economy.

Additionally, I mentioned a product called Histame. We don't sell this product and it is quite costly (you do get one free)...but if it works...it's probably worth it. Their website: Histame

Remember, acne can exist for many reasons and whether you do or don’t have a diagnosis as to why yours exists, it can still be a trial and error process. Getting to the root of the problem should always be the goal and, again, I’ve met people that have done so via the same methods as some members of this board: series of detoxification & cleansings, liver flushes, balancing systemic yeast, healing leaky gut and/or desensitization for food/chemical sensitivity. For those that ViraStop did work for and especially those that it didn’t, you want to think about what you were doing:

• When were you taking it?
  • How many a day did you take?
  • Were you already showing signs of a cold? (There are some customers and employees that LOVE this product, taking it for therapeutic use at least two days as directed, or more frequently, eradicates the flu for them)
  • Do you know whether you have food sensitivities? If so, that’s a huge one, but this entire post covers possibilities for you.
  • Do you know whether sugars breaks you out? Perhaps if it’s only sugars than things that help support balanced blood sugar levels and perhaps histamine regulation may be of benefit.
  • Did you do anything differently when you tried this product?
  • Were you eating foods you normally would not?
  • What was the total length of time you took the product? Let's say it works by treating chronic inflammation, you would need at least 4 - 6 weeks to see if it really works.

Those are just some thoughts for some of you.

Best of luck!

SJ

Edited by SweetJade1980, 21 February 2010 - 08:25 PM.

These are not steps, but stages some people progress through when going from conventional to holistic medicine. Stage 2 is how I became 99%+ Clear, eliminated my dysmennorhea, significantly reduced my sebum & pore size, etc & is my predominant method.

Stage 1 (Treatment):
* (Daily) Isocare Skin Control Cleanser, Dream Products Customized Natural Face Lotion & Coppertone Sport Spray Sunscreen (mixed)
* (Sporadically) spot treat w/ anti-inflammatory (neosporin, hydrocortisone, salicylic acid) or a skin lightener (post-inflammatory pigmentation) to treat stubborn cystic/nodular acne that appears due to unknowingly or knowingly ingesting a food/ingredient that breaks me out (I do my best to avoid these foods). If you cover treated area w/ a bandaid, it makes product more effective.

Stage 2 (Prevention): "cheapest" method ~ Since Aug. 2002
* Follow a Gluten-Free, Trans-Fat Free, Dairy-Free and No Added Sugar diet for my Insulin Resistance/Hyperandrogenism (Silent Chronic Inflammatory Syndrome)
* Avoid ALL types of nuts and the Genus Prunus (almonds, plums, peaches, nectarines, apricots, cherries), Bananas, Pineapples, Cottonseed oil, Artificial Sweetners.

Stage 3 (Correction):
* 1/18/08 Ultimate Colon Cleanse (30 day program)

Research:
* Developing functional foods for those with acne & other special needs (assuming there's a defficiency).
* Developing good & "safe" formulas for various hormonal issues for women. Correction stage may resolve this for some.

#342 AussieSmile

AussieSmile

If there is no god, who pops up the next kleenex?

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 February 2010 - 01:03 AM

Omg, i was reading sweetJades post and couldn't believe it from from today. Every post i have read from SJ had been from years ago. Anyway welcome back and interesting post as par.

Looking at the histamine pages right now. eusa_angel.gif

#343 Bellerophon

Bellerophon

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 February 2010 - 06:16 AM

QUOTE (bennyb @ Feb 19 2010, 09:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I tried the enzymedica too and it did absolutely nothing. I went to HCL a week ago and it has been working great. Give it a try and you will be stoked.

How much are you using a day?

#344 hesitation

hesitation

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 February 2010 - 06:21 AM

That really makes sense what Jade said. I had a feeling that my chronic sinus problems (excess mucus ALWAYS and post nasal drip) are connected to my acne problem. I'm talking all sorts of supplements but the best thing for me to do would probably be finding out the allergen... if there is any. The tricky part is I don't know whether it's something I eat or tobacco smoke etc. I've noticed that I get clear and my sinus problems go away when I fast, so it could be the food.

Surely going to check out the antihistamines. Although it would be symptom treating, not going to the root. But if I really have an allergy that I can't avoid then antihistamines should be the closest I can get to the solution...

edit: Looking at my blood test results. IgE is 8.80 U/m (normal is 0-100). Doesn't make any sense!!

Thanks.

Edited by hesitation, 22 February 2010 - 06:27 AM.

#345 Q_P

Q_P

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 February 2010 - 10:06 AM

QUOTE (hesitation @ Feb 22 2010, 08:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That really makes sense what Jade said. I had a feeling that my chronic sinus problems (excess mucus ALWAYS and post nasal drip) are connected to my acne problem. I'm talking all sorts of supplements but the best thing for me to do would probably be finding out the allergen... if there is any. The tricky part is I don't know whether it's something I eat or tobacco smoke etc. I've noticed that I get clear and my sinus problems go away when I fast, so it could be the food.

Surely going to check out the antihistamines. Although it would be symptom treating, not going to the root. But if I really have an allergy that I can't avoid then antihistamines should be the closest I can get to the solution...

edit: Looking at my blood test results. IgE is 8.80 U/m (normal is 0-100). Doesn't make any sense!!

Thanks.

Have you had IgG or IgA tested? Those are what determine the food intolerances which can cause chronic health issues, from my understanding.

#346 hesitation

hesitation

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 February 2010 - 10:44 AM

QUOTE (QuirkyPixy @ Feb 22 2010, 10:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks.

Have you had IgG or IgA tested? Those are what determine the food intolerances which can cause chronic health issues, from my understanding.

IgG and IgA were both negative. That rules out dairy and gluten intolerance.

#347 gMARIAs

gMARIAs

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Art, Design, Music, Video Games, Yoga, Nature, Research, Reading, Learning

Posted 22 February 2010 - 01:00 PM

I do believe in things like Leaky Gut and Candida as potential culprits of acne. I also believe in die-off or detox.

What I DON'T believe is that Virastop is going to help these in everybody and I also don't believe that what I experienced was die-off.

Why? For one, I had a cold to begin with - I didn't contract cold like symptoms simply from starting Virastop. It merely prolonged a lot of what I was already feeling and did make a couple of symptoms mildly worse. Secondly, from day one, it gave me acne after having been clear for a good month - which yes, CAN be a die off symptom, but not necessarily. Not only that, but my diet was relatively pristine and I HAD experienced mild die-off symptoms at the start of my altered diet and supplementation that went away after a day or two. Thirdly, it's been about 10 days since I stopped Virastop, so by logical standards, if it WERE die-off, it should stop because I'm not treating anything anymore. Not so. I am still experiencing very mild breakouts. On Virastop, I had developed 5 new spots. Once I stopped taking it, with absolutely NO changes to any other aspect of my diet or lifestyle, I'm still getting small spots on my face for the past 10 days since having ceased it, albeit, as time goes on, the persistent 1-2 that I get are getting smaller. I sincerely doubt that a diet that has kept me clear would suddenly start giving me small spots. I don't think it's coincidence.

-If we could only live on good food like that...we wouldn't have the country full of rotten teeth and rotten guts.____Buck Mulligan, Ulysses

No sacrifice, No Victory - Sacrifice our resplendence, we fight for freedom___Hammerfall

Diet: Unprocessed meat, vegetables, fruits, nuts, water and coffee. No supplements.
Fitness: Exercise whenever the hell i want

Stop treating your personal experiences as universal facts. Please and thanks.

If you can't clear your skin through diet and overall health, you aren't doing it right.

Society's intellectual degeneration greatly disappoints me.
An atheist is a man with no invisible means of support.

#348 SweetJade1980

SweetJade1980

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 February 2010 - 07:11 PM

QUOTE (gMARIAs @ Feb 22 2010, 12:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I do believe in things like Leaky Gut and Candida as potential culprits of acne. I also believe in die-off or detox.

What I DON'T believe is that Virastop is going to help these in everybody and I also don't believe that what I experienced was die-off.

Why? For one, I had a cold to begin with - I didn't contract cold like symptoms simply from starting Virastop. It merely prolonged a lot of what I was already feeling and did make a couple of symptoms mildly worse. Secondly, from day one, it gave me acne after having been clear for a good month - which yes, CAN be a die off symptom, but not necessarily. Not only that, but my diet was relatively pristine and I HAD experienced mild die-off symptoms at the start of my altered diet and supplementation that went away after a day or two. Thirdly, it's been about 10 days since I stopped Virastop, so by logical standards, if it WERE die-off, it should stop because I'm not treating anything anymore. Not so. I am still experiencing very mild breakouts. On Virastop, I had developed 5 new spots. Once I stopped taking it, with absolutely NO changes to any other aspect of my diet or lifestyle, I'm still getting small spots on my face for the past 10 days since having ceased it, albeit, as time goes on, the persistent 1-2 that I get are getting smaller. I sincerely doubt that a diet that has kept me clear would suddenly start giving me small spots. I don't think it's coincidence.

Hi gMarias,

I am sorry to hear that there are some breakouts still. I have no idea how many people ViraStop could work for, I was simply offering two possibilities, though there could be more, for why there's an increase in acne from its use.

The first was the die off effect (with 2 ways to deal with it, a 3rd would be natural anti-inflammatories to prevent the acne) and the second was that it may have increased yeast in the body. I posted a link in my post that discusses how this possibility can occur. Those of us that have found that food affects us, there must be a reason behind it. For some, it's a result of too much yeast in the body. So by feeding the yeast, problems can rise up again, until the yeast start to die off because their *new* food supply is running out (because one's regular or anti-acne diet may not provide enough fuel).

What do you think of the yeast connection?

SJ

Edited by SweetJade1980, 25 February 2010 - 02:02 AM.

These are not steps, but stages some people progress through when going from conventional to holistic medicine. Stage 2 is how I became 99%+ Clear, eliminated my dysmennorhea, significantly reduced my sebum & pore size, etc & is my predominant method.

Stage 1 (Treatment):
* (Daily) Isocare Skin Control Cleanser, Dream Products Customized Natural Face Lotion & Coppertone Sport Spray Sunscreen (mixed)
* (Sporadically) spot treat w/ anti-inflammatory (neosporin, hydrocortisone, salicylic acid) or a skin lightener (post-inflammatory pigmentation) to treat stubborn cystic/nodular acne that appears due to unknowingly or knowingly ingesting a food/ingredient that breaks me out (I do my best to avoid these foods). If you cover treated area w/ a bandaid, it makes product more effective.

* Follow a Gluten-Free, Trans-Fat Free, Dairy-Free and No Added Sugar diet for my Insulin Resistance/Hyperandrogenism (Silent Chronic Inflammatory Syndrome)
* Avoid ALL types of nuts and the Genus Prunus (almonds, plums, peaches, nectarines, apricots, cherries), Bananas, Pineapples, Cottonseed oil, Artificial Sweetners.

Stage 3 (Correction):

Research:
* Developing functional foods for those with acne & other special needs (assuming there's a defficiency).
* Developing good & "safe" formulas for various hormonal issues for women. Correction stage may resolve this for some.

#349 SweetJade1980

SweetJade1980

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 February 2010 - 08:00 PM

QUOTE (hesitation @ Feb 22 2010, 09:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks.

Hi Hesitation,

There are currently 5 different types of immune reactions and only 4 types have antibodies you can search for. With regards to acne, IgG antibodies (Type III, Immune Complex Sensitivity) may present when there is an antigen OR a specific white blood cell known as a Polymorphonuclear Cell/PMN (Type IV, Delayed Type Hypersensitivity or Cell Mediated) may present itself.

You can test for the first one, but not for the cell mediated white blood cell activity. Well actually, there are a few tests for that one (NowLeap.com, ALCAT.com, EPC-ODX.com), but again, no test is as accurate as an Elimination & Provocation Diet. So just because you didn't test postive for any of the tests looking for antibodies, it does not mean there may not be foods that affect you unfavorably. Have you personally avoided foods and noted the results?

Acne as a Delayed Type Hypersensitivity This is a write up based on information others, including myself, posted in healthboards several years ago biggrin.gif It mentions histamine because it also plays a role in DTH reactions. So anti-histamines are not just for those that have "allergies" smile.gif

Immunohistochemical evidence of chronic inflammation in acne vulgaris
This is one of several studies that helped fuel the discussion on here as well as healthboards. It's funny because people in the scientific community had tested acne as a DTH reaction as far back as 1980 and they discounted it. Of course, you won't react to just anything...only what you personally are sensitive to. eusa_doh.gif

Take care,

SJ

Edited by SweetJade1980, 22 February 2010 - 08:04 PM.

Stage 1 (Treatment):

Stage 3 (Correction):

Research:

#350 hesitation

hesitation

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 February 2010 - 09:17 AM

QUOTE (SweetJade1980 @ Feb 22 2010, 08:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks.

Hi Hesitation,

There are currently 5 different types of immune reactions and only 4 types have antibodies you can search for. With regards to acne, IgG antibodies (Type III, Immune Complex Sensitivity) may present when there is an antigen OR a specific white blood cell known as a Polymorphonuclear Cell/PMN (Type IV, Delayed Type Hypersensitivity or Cell Mediated) may present itself.

You can test for the first one, but not for the cell mediated white blood cell activity. Well actually, there are a few tests for that one (NowLeap.com, ALCAT.com, EPC-ODX.com), but again, no test is as accurate as an Elimination & Provocation Diet. So just because you didn't test postive for any of the tests looking for antibodies, it does not mean there may not be foods that affect you unfavorably. Have you personally avoided foods and noted the results?

Acne as a Delayed Type Hypersensitivity This is a write up based on information others, including myself, posted in healthboards several years ago biggrin.gif It mentions histamine because it also plays a role in DTH reactions. So anti-histamines are not just for those that have "allergies" smile.gif

This is one of several studies that helped fuel the discussion on here as well as healthboards. It's funny because people in the scientific community had tested acne as a DTH reaction as far back as 1980 and they discounted it. Of course, you won't react to just anything...only what you personally are sensitive to. eusa_doh.gif

Take care,

SJ

Thanks for the info and links.

I'm currently on a candida/anti-inflammatory diet. I have been on a very strict candida diet (no fruits, no cucumber skins etc) for almost a year only to realize it wasn't my problem in the first place. I've pretty much tried to eliminate everything already, the only time I see results is when I don't eat anything at all. Either everything I eat causes my problems or something entirely different.

From time to time I've noticed improvement in my acne by dieting but the sinus problems have always been there (except when I fast. I'm not 100% about this but I guess I will find out when I finish my 7-day fast). Even if food was the cause of my acne I don't think I would be able to continue to eat like this. I am already in the extremes and it's still not enough. I eat salads with every meal...

I'm curious about the histamine supplements/treatments. Could taking anti-histamines make my acne worse? I guess I could purchase some at the drug store or have a doctor prescribe me.

edit: On the link you posted, the guy who got cleared up with ranitidine (Zantac). That's an interesting story. I was going to try HCL supplements next to see if my stomach acid is too weak. Ranitidine seems to be the opposite to HCL. I don't really understand what it has to do with histamine though.

Let me know what you think about me trying anti-histamines please.

Edited by hesitation, 23 February 2010 - 10:28 AM.

#351 gMARIAs

gMARIAs

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Art, Design, Music, Video Games, Yoga, Nature, Research, Reading, Learning

Posted 23 February 2010 - 09:18 PM

QUOTE (SweetJade1980 @ Feb 22 2010, 07:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (gMARIAs @ Feb 22 2010, 12:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi gMarias,

I am sorry to hear that there are some breakouts still. I have no idea how many people ViraStop could work for, I was simply offering two possibilities, though there could be more, for why there's an increase in acne from its use.

The first was the die off effect (with 2 ways to deal with it, a 3rd would be natural anti-inflammatories to prevent the acne) and the second was that it may have increased yeast in the body. I posted a link in my post that discusses how this possibility can occur. Those of us that have found that food affects us, there must be a reason behind it. For some, it's a result of too much yeast in the body. So by feeding the yeast, problems can rise up again, until the yeast start to die off because their *new* food supply is running out (because one's regular or anti-acne diet may not provide enough fuel).

What do you think of the yeast connection?

SJ

I think yeast (Candida) is clearly a culprit for some people.

I was just saying why I didn't think it worked for me. Others may, indeed, have die off or experience clear some from using this stuff. I sure didn't!
-If we could only live on good food like that...we wouldn't have the country full of rotten teeth and rotten guts.____Buck Mulligan, Ulysses

No sacrifice, No Victory - Sacrifice our resplendence, we fight for freedom___Hammerfall

Diet: Unprocessed meat, vegetables, fruits, nuts, water and coffee. No supplements.
Fitness: Exercise whenever the hell i want

Stop treating your personal experiences as universal facts. Please and thanks.

If you can't clear your skin through diet and overall health, you aren't doing it right.

Society's intellectual degeneration greatly disappoints me.
An atheist is a man with no invisible means of support.

#352 Paul25

Paul25

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 February 2010 - 11:34 AM

Im tempted to try this again but only take 2 a day. If that oily feeling starts again ill stop but i may as well finish them off after paying so much for them!!
You Just Have To Look Through The Dark
To See The Glimmers

[sig-img:412]

My Holistic Progress

6 Liver flushes performed so far in 2009

#353 SweetJade1980

SweetJade1980

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 February 2010 - 01:53 AM

QUOTE (hesitation @ Feb 23 2010, 09:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (SweetJade1980 @ Feb 22 2010, 08:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks.

Hi Hesitation,

Take care,

SJ

Thanks for the info and links.

I'm currently on a candida/anti-inflammatory diet. I have been on a very strict candida diet (no fruits, no cucumber skins etc) for almost a year only to realize it wasn't my problem in the first place. I've pretty much tried to eliminate everything already, the only time I see results is when I don't eat anything at all. Either everything I eat causes my problems or something entirely different.

From time to time I've noticed improvement in my acne by dieting but the sinus problems have always been there (except when I fast. I'm not 100% about this but I guess I will find out when I finish my 7-day fast). Even if food was the cause of my acne I don't think I would be able to continue to eat like this. I am already in the extremes and it's still not enough. I eat salads with every meal...

I'm curious about the histamine supplements/treatments. Could taking anti-histamines make my acne worse? I guess I could purchase some at the drug store or have a doctor prescribe me.

edit: On the link you posted, the guy who got cleared up with ranitidine (Zantac). That's an interesting story. I was going to try HCL supplements next to see if my stomach acid is too weak. Ranitidine seems to be the opposite to HCL. I don't really understand what it has to do with histamine though.

Let me know what you think about me trying anti-histamines please.

Hi Hesitation,

In theory, anti-histamines should not make your acne worse because they will be reducing histamine levels in the body, including the histamine that is present in the formation of acne. That said, you mentioned that your sinus infections and acne will flare up around the same time and disappear around the same time? If so, I would consider giving natural anti-histamines a try. The most affordable one would be Quercitin or QBC (take on empty stomach) but of course there are also enzymes that will breakdown histamine (Allerase) or homeopathic supplements that may also work.

Let me know what happens! eusa_angel.gif

SJ

Stage 1 (Treatment):

Stage 3 (Correction):

Research:

#354 SweetJade1980

SweetJade1980

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 February 2010 - 02:17 AM

Hi Lili,

You mentioned several times that the Digest or Digest Gold enzymes only got you 75% clear? How were you taking those? With a meal, every meal? Or on an empty stomach before bedtime as you do with the ViraStop?

For anyone that may be confused, you can take any of the enzymes to treat inflammation, among other conditions, in the body. They will all work as sytemic enzymes as long as you take them on an empty stomach and take the most effective dose for you. Where as, if taken with food, depending on what specific enzymes are in the formula, they will predominately digest the food.

So, I am asking how you took yours because in my first post in this thread I mentioned that ViraStop does not have enzymes to breakdown carbohydrates or fats. So if people are breaking out because it is breaking down viruses and bacteria insufficiently (leaving fat and carbohydrates) than this could be food to feed yeast. Hence, the increase in or new reactions some people may be experiencing.

If that is the case than these individuals may benefit from taking Candidase as well, or perhaps a regular/high potency digestive enzyme (experimenting "with meals" or "on an empty stomach" for best results) because it will have the enzymes to breakdown the carbohydrates that may potentionally be feeding yeast and causing these new reactions.

Just more thoughts...

Thanks,

SJ

Stage 1 (Treatment):

Stage 3 (Correction):

Research:

#355 AussieSmile

AussieSmile

If there is no god, who pops up the next kleenex?

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 February 2010 - 03:27 AM

I am thinking of introducing pancreatin w/meals which acts on the main three- Proteins, fats and carbs.

This in addition to virastop (empty stomach) may prove to to be an effective combination as SJ mentioned.

If i do ill let you guys know how it goes! wink.gif

#356 LiliVG

LiliVG

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Posted 02 March 2010 - 10:53 AM

QUOTE (SweetJade1980 @ Feb 25 2010, 01:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Lili,

You mentioned several times that the Digest or Digest Gold enzymes only got you 75% clear? How were you taking those? With a meal, every meal? Or on an empty stomach before bedtime as you do with the ViraStop?

For anyone that may be confused, you can take any of the enzymes to treat inflammation, among other conditions, in the body. They will all work as sytemic enzymes as long as you take them on an empty stomach and take the most effective dose for you. Where as, if taken with food, depending on what specific enzymes are in the formula, they will predominately digest the food.
I
So, I am asking how you took yours because in my first post in this thread I mentioned that ViraStop does not have enzymes to breakdown carbohydrates or fats. So if people are breaking out because it is breaking down viruses and bacteria insufficiently (leaving fat and carbohydrates) than this could be food to feed yeast. Hence, the increase in or new reactions some people may be experiencing.

If that is the case than these individuals may benefit from taking Candidase as well, or perhaps a regular/high potency digestive enzyme (experimenting "with meals" or "on an empty stomach" for best results) because it will have the enzymes to breakdown the carbohydrates that may potentionally be feeding yeast and causing these new reactions.

Just more thoughts...

Thanks,

SJ

Actually Virastop does contain enzymes to digest fats and carbohydrates. It's Candidase that is only protease and cellulase and nothing else. On the enzymedica website, they have a label viewer for each of their products if you'd like more info on what each of their products contains.

When I was taking Digest Gold and Lypo, I was taking them with meals, 2 - 3 capsules per meal.

Last updated 03/26/10

Supplements
- 50,000 IU Vitamin D once a week
- 250 - 500mgs calcium citrate per day
- 1,000mgs Vitamin C per day

General Dietary Principles
- Only consume manually pressed/organic oils and fats to avoid pesticides and hexane
- Avoid high fructose corn syrup and artificial sweeteners
- Avoid hydrogenated oils
- Snack frequently (important!)
- Include high fiber foods like beans (chili yum!), trail mix (good for the frequent snacks), and raw veggies (also good as a snack with ranch dressing).
- Make sure I get enough sodium chloride (salt) throughout the day (good sources include ranch dressing (yummy with the raw veggies), chili, and pickles.

#357 Quanta2998

Quanta2998

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 March 2010 - 08:18 PM

When do you suggest taking QBC?

I normally take virastop morning and night before I eat/go to sleep. Would it make sense to add QBC in the morning? Is there a recommended QBC you prefer?

#358 SweetJade1980

SweetJade1980

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 March 2010 - 10:47 AM

QUOTE (LiliVG @ Mar 2 2010, 09:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (SweetJade1980 @ Feb 25 2010, 01:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Lili,

I

Just more thoughts...

Thanks,

SJ

Actually Virastop does contain enzymes to digest fats and carbohydrates. It's Candidase that is only protease and cellulase and nothing else. On the enzymedica website, they have a label viewer for each of their products if you'd like more info on what each of their products contains.

When I was taking Digest Gold and Lypo, I was taking them with meals, 2 - 3 capsules per meal.

Hi Lili,

Thanks for sharing how you were taking the other two products. You were taking as directed, but of course these products can also act as systemic/proteolytic enzymes by taking them on a empty stomach. Definately an interesting theory you have and I am curious as to why others were having problems, hence the possible increasing yeast growth & activity theory I came across.

Unfortunately, ViraStop does not contain any enzymes that will breakdown carbohydrates or fats, especially the main ones (amylase = carbohydrates, lipase = lipids/fats) as you can see here:ViraStop (Click on: nutrition information). The other enzymse listed help breakdown mucous (mucolase), increase circulation (nattokinase, serriopeptidase), enhance tissue repair (serriopeptidase) and breakdown the hydrogen peroxide your peroxisomes (a white blood cell) produces to fight off invaders. You can learn more about the enzymes included in this formula and others by visiting this brief overiew: http://www.enzymedica.com/enzyme_specialists.php.

When you take that into consideration, for those that were breaking out it may be more beneficial for them to take a Digest enzyme formulation or at the very least Allerase along with the Virastop on an empty stomach. The Allerase formula containse protease and a variety of carbohydrate enzymes, along with mucolase so that the combination will help breakdown histamine and mucous, common allergy signs, but of course even persons with acne have histamine present.

Thanks again and hope everything is still working wonders for you!

SJ

Edited by SweetJade1980, 03 March 2010 - 10:48 AM.

Stage 1 (Treatment):

Stage 3 (Correction):

Research:

#359 SweetJade1980

SweetJade1980

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 March 2010 - 11:23 AM

QUOTE (Quanta2998 @ Mar 2 2010, 07:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
When do you suggest taking QBC?

I normally take virastop morning and night before I eat/go to sleep. Would it make sense to add QBC in the morning? Is there a recommended QBC you prefer?

Hi Quanta,

I do not have a preference. I would go with the one that gives you the most Quercetin and Bromelian (with highest amt of GDUs) in the formulation (also pay attention to serving amount: 1 capsule, 2 capsules, etc.). Some products will show only quercetin on the bottle, but when you look at the back you will see that it also has the bromelian and vitamin C, so make sure you look at all possible products. While Vitamin C is helpful, it's the other two incredients you want to focus on the most. You may want to try one of the following since they fit the bill: Super Quercetin by Bluebonnet or Quercetin with Bromelain by Now.

As for when you take it, you can follow what is says on the bottle. I don't think that it would be a problem with taking it at the same time as you do your Virastop, but you will have to experiment with that. If you want to learn more about these inflammation regulating nutrients, you can read this bit of info here: http://www.immunesup...om/92fal004.htm

Best of luck!

Stage 1 (Treatment):

Stage 3 (Correction):

Research:

#360 shirts123

shirts123

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 January 2011 - 09:55 AM

Any updates with the ViraStop?