Photo

Shower Filter?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 iRyRy

iRyRy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 January 2010 - 08:13 PM

Does anyone here use a shower filter? If you shower in the morning and wash your face, do you take another one at night to wash your face again? Explain your regimen using the shower filter.

Edited by iRyRy, 16 January 2010 - 08:33 PM.

#2 anonymou5

anonymou5

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 January 2010 - 12:40 AM

QUOTE (iRyRy @ Jan 16 2010, 09:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Does anyone here use a shower filter? If you shower in the morning and wash your face, do you take another one at night to wash your face again? Explain your regimen using the shower filter.

I've heard good things about them. I was considering getting one, but they're kinda expensive.

#3 tigermike

tigermike

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 January 2010 - 09:31 AM

I use one and like it.

I did notice a difference in the water after installation. But it's nothing incredibly dramatic.
I would recommend one just because of all the chlorine in the water systems today. Your body absorbs that up while in the shower. Not good.

As far as helping acne, it probably won't be your "cure".
But it will certainly help, especially if your acne is caused by skin irritation.

I purchased an inexpensive one from a company called "Sprite", it was about $30 at Home Depot.
I think the replacement filters (every 6 months for this particular model) are $10-20.

Goodluck!

Since AUG 09: Been experimenting with Paleo/Primal diet and absolutely loving it.
Probiotics have been huge as well.

#4 Dotty1

Dotty1

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 January 2010 - 02:07 PM

I have a filter that uses charcoal and a three layer system. It works well but the filter must be replaced every 3 months. confused.gif
"It takes 20 minutes to turn a live steer into a hamburger. One-third of cattle are blinking, looking around and mooing as their tails are cut off, their hooves removed, their hides pulled off and their bellies ripped open. It is happening all over North America. Veterinarians feel its out of control but the government says there is nothing they can do about it." --The Washington Post's "They Die Piece By Piece" (April 11, 2001)

There are 13 major slaughterhouses in the US. All 13 are "self-policed" for animal abuse. Each worker cuts the throat of about 309 cattle per hour. --Humane Society of America

It is legal in North America for male chicks to be thrown into grinders while alive for dog food companies.

"Poor animals! How jealously they guard their pathetic bodies... that which to us is merely an evening's meal, but to them is life itself." — T. Casey Brennan

#5 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 January 2010 - 04:04 PM

I have a vitamin C filter in my shower. I only shower before bed. And wipe my face with a washcloth in the morning.
Status: Clear after 30 years. Wow, I guess it's been 6 years, now.

[ Story: Severe Acne since I was 10. 10+ years of Dermatologists, Antibiotics, topicals and ACCUTANE did nothing. Discovered oranges triggered the worst of my cystic acne = about 70% improvement. Tried some nutrient supplements like B-complex with zinc and C, saw palmetto and a BHA like the aspirin mask = more improvement, a lot less oily. Then, Diet changes = Clear.

Regimen: Anti-inflammatory, nutrient dense, blood sugar stabilizing diet and supplements (for hormones, inflammation, aging, health). No soap or other cleanser except for hand washing! Water only or Oil cleanse. Aloe Vera mixed with niacinimide and a high linoleic acid oil for moisturizer and reduce pigmentation.

Diet effects acne in so many ways: hormone balance, inflammation, Insulin levels, digestion, allergies and intolerances, liver function, adrenal function, SHBG levels, sebum quality, cell function and turnover, nutrient deficiencies, body fat, etc. Basic advice: Eat, sleep, supplement and exercise like you are a diabetic. And eat real food!

For more information, see my Good Things for Acne thread *Moderator edit - Please refer to the board rules (see “Advertising/soliciting”, “Linking” and “Signatures”)*

When you eat stuff, Stuff Happens!

#6 iRyRy

iRyRy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 January 2010 - 05:28 PM

QUOTE (alternativista @ Jan 18 2010, 06:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have a vitamin C filter in my shower. I only shower before bed. And wipe my face with a washcloth in the morning.

Do you have sensitive skin? Have you seen any improvement after switching to filtered water?

Thanks for posting! eusa_angel.gif

#7 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 January 2010 - 06:06 PM

QUOTE (iRyRy @ Jan 18 2010, 05:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (alternativista @ Jan 18 2010, 06:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Do you have sensitive skin? Have you seen any improvement after switching to filtered water?

Thanks for posting! eusa_angel.gif

I have rosacea and it is better, but then I changed my diet too. I did it mostly for my hair and to prevent the breathing in of chlorine day after day.
Status: Clear after 30 years. Wow, I guess it's been 6 years, now.

[ Story: Severe Acne since I was 10. 10+ years of Dermatologists, Antibiotics, topicals and ACCUTANE did nothing. Discovered oranges triggered the worst of my cystic acne = about 70% improvement. Tried some nutrient supplements like B-complex with zinc and C, saw palmetto and a BHA like the aspirin mask = more improvement, a lot less oily. Then, Diet changes = Clear.

Regimen: Anti-inflammatory, nutrient dense, blood sugar stabilizing diet and supplements (for hormones, inflammation, aging, health). No soap or other cleanser except for hand washing! Water only or Oil cleanse. Aloe Vera mixed with niacinimide and a high linoleic acid oil for moisturizer and reduce pigmentation.

Diet effects acne in so many ways: hormone balance, inflammation, Insulin levels, digestion, allergies and intolerances, liver function, adrenal function, SHBG levels, sebum quality, cell function and turnover, nutrient deficiencies, body fat, etc. Basic advice: Eat, sleep, supplement and exercise like you are a diabetic. And eat real food!

For more information, see my Good Things for Acne thread *Moderator edit - Please refer to the board rules (see “Advertising/soliciting”, “Linking” and “Signatures”)*

When you eat stuff, Stuff Happens!

#8 riomar

riomar

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 January 2010 - 11:43 AM

QUOTE (tigermike @ Jan 17 2010, 10:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I use one and like it.

I did notice a difference in the water after installation. But it's nothing incredibly dramatic.
I would recommend one just because of all the chlorine in the water systems today. Your body absorbs that up while in the shower. Not good.

As far as helping acne, it probably won't be your "cure".
But it will certainly help, especially if your acne is caused by skin irritation.

I purchased an inexpensive one from a company called "Sprite", it was about $30 at Home Depot.
I think the replacement filters (every 6 months for this particular model) are $10-20.

Goodluck!

I went to Home Depot today and bought the same Sprite brand.
Can't wait to install!
it all happens so fast it seems, on a cusp for disaster attached to dreams...