Photo

Best protein sources on a candida diet?

candida

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
16 replies to this topic

#1 hesitation

hesitation

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 January 2010 - 07:14 PM

Since I cut out chicken, eggs and peanuts from my diet, tuna is the main protein source for me. I eat two cans a day and I feel like it's not enough. I jog 5 miles daily and lift weights. I feel like I am burning more muscle than gaining.. Besides eating that much tuna will probably not do me any good in the log run because of the mercury. What other fishes are rich in protein and healthy? What other foods can I eat on a candida diet to gain weight?

#2 Jay326

Jay326

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 January 2010 - 07:22 PM

Why did you cut out chicken?

#3 hesitation

hesitation

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 January 2010 - 07:33 PM

QUOTE (Jay326 @ Jan 15 2010, 07:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why did you cut out chicken?

I think it was making my skin look worse.. I loved it, I ate it every single day.... grilled. I took cut it out and started eating more foods rich in omega 3 (chicken is rich in omega 6). It was more like a testing thing but I think it's working so I'm afraid to go back on it.

#4 Jay326

Jay326

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 January 2010 - 07:59 PM

Gotcha, I hope it's not doing the same to my skin because I'm just like you, I eat it pratically everyday and that's about all I eat =P

#5 venam

venam

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 January 2010 - 09:20 PM

How do you know if cutting chicken is working if you are also in an anti-candida diet, maybe the diet is what's helping not the chicken. Get some organic/free range chicken, that won't do any bad to you. And, wth, this is an easy question, what happened to all red meats? Beef, lamb, buffalo, etc? They are fine in anti-candida as far as I can see, why wouldn't they be? Eggs are also good.

Edited by venam, 15 January 2010 - 09:20 PM.

#6 max powers

max powers

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 January 2010 - 10:49 PM

QUOTE (venam @ Jan 15 2010, 09:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How do you know if cutting chicken is working if you are also in an anti-candida diet, maybe the diet is what's helping not the chicken. Get some organic/free range chicken, that won't do any bad to you. And, wth, this is an easy question, what happened to all red meats? Beef, lamb, buffalo, etc? They are fine in anti-candida as far as I can see, why wouldn't they be? Eggs are also good.

Eggs he probably would've cut out for the same reason he cut out chicken, because of the low Omega 3's to Omega 6's ratio.

#7 venam

venam

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 January 2010 - 01:09 AM

QUOTE (max powers @ Jan 16 2010, 12:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Eggs he probably would've cut out for the same reason he cut out chicken, because of the low Omega 3's to Omega 6's ratio.

Cage free organic eggs fix that, is only industrial eggs that have bad O3:O6 ratio. Same with beef, only industrially managed animal products have a bad O3:O6 ratio.

#8 AdamDolce10

AdamDolce10

Tá ceart i gur le chéile

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 7
About Me

Posted 16 January 2010 - 03:08 AM

QUOTE (venam @ Jan 16 2010, 07:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (max powers @ Jan 16 2010, 12:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Cage free organic eggs fix that, is only industrial eggs that have bad O3:O6 ratio. Same with beef, only industrially managed animal products have a bad O3:O6 ratio.

pumkin seeds, almonds, almond butter, chickpeas

#9 aksjdf

aksjdf

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 January 2010 - 03:09 AM

Is protein powder not an option while on an anti-candida diet? I'm currently using a plant based protein with 7g carbs and 1g sugar and wondering if I should drop it.

#10 AdamDolce10

AdamDolce10

Tá ceart i gur le chéile

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 January 2010 - 03:47 AM

QUOTE (aksjdf @ Jan 16 2010, 09:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is protein powder not an option while on an anti-candida diet? I'm currently using a plant based protein with 7g carbs and 1g sugar and wondering if I should drop it.

Perhaps spirulina would be good

#11 dykim90

dykim90

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 January 2010 - 03:50 AM

edamame. it has all the essential proteins. im pretty sure that it is the only plant that has all of them. but it must be cooked.

#12 aksjdf

aksjdf

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 January 2010 - 04:40 AM

Can you tell me more about spirulina? I am allergic to soy and can not eat edamame.

#13 AdamDolce10

AdamDolce10

Tá ceart i gur le chéile

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 January 2010 - 10:28 AM

QUOTE (aksjdf @ Jan 16 2010, 10:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Can you tell me more about spirulina? I am allergic to soy and can not eat edamame.

No problem aksjdf,

Weighing in at an impressive 60% protein content, Spirulina is a fresh water alga–actually, a form of bacteria–which knocks both red meat, at 27%, and soy, at 34%, on the ropes in terms of muscle-building potential. And it brings to the ring, along with all that protein, a powerful combination of minerals, including iron, calcium, and magnesium, with a backup punch of all the vitamins to which the first five letters of the alphabet have been assigned. If only Spirulina were bigger; it might have been able to fit all the vitamins in. But a single Spirulina alga measures approximately .0196850394 inches in length.

If Spirulina wanted to get bigger, however, it probably could. How? By eating its relatives. The Chinese add Spirulina to the diets of commercially produced poultry and livestock to increase their growth rates.

The most avid believers in the health benefits of Spirulina are the Japanese, who both produce and consume more of it than anyone else. Some Japanese researchers claim that Spirulina, because of the high concentration of its nutrients, is useful in helping diabetics control their food cravings and decrease their insulin intake.

The only potential black marks against Spirulina are its expense and the possibility that its high protein, vitamin, and mineral, according to the Hong Kong Dietitian Association, could cause kidney and liver problems. Excessive protein intake can overload the kidneys; too many vitamins and minerals, the liver. Spirulina, if the Hong Kong experts are to be believed, can be too much of a good thing.

#14 clc111

clc111

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 January 2010 - 12:11 PM

How about turkey and ground turkey. You should try organic free-range chicken to see if that makes a difference. Commercially raised chickens never see the light of day and are so fat they can only take a few steps. And because of the filthy environment they are in, they are injected with antibiotics. Not to mention the corn/grain they are fed.

#15 AKL

AKL

Retired Mod

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 January 2010 - 10:09 PM

QUOTE (AdamDolce10 @ Jan 16 2010, 05:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (aksjdf @ Jan 16 2010, 10:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No problem aksjdf,

Weighing in at an impressive 60% protein content, Spirulina is a fresh water alga–actually, a form of bacteria–which knocks both red meat, at 27%, and soy, at 34%, on the ropes in terms of muscle-building potential. And it brings to the ring, along with all that protein, a powerful combination of minerals, including iron, calcium, and magnesium, with a backup punch of all the vitamins to which the first five letters of the alphabet have been assigned. If only Spirulina were bigger; it might have been able to fit all the vitamins in. But a single Spirulina alga measures approximately .0196850394 inches in length.

If Spirulina wanted to get bigger, however, it probably could. How? By eating its relatives. The Chinese add Spirulina to the diets of commercially produced poultry and livestock to increase their growth rates.

The most avid believers in the health benefits of Spirulina are the Japanese, who both produce and consume more of it than anyone else. Some Japanese researchers claim that Spirulina, because of the high concentration of its nutrients, is useful in helping diabetics control their food cravings and decrease their insulin intake.

The only potential black marks against Spirulina are its expense and the possibility that its high protein, vitamin, and mineral, according to the Hong Kong Dietitian Association, could cause kidney and liver problems. Excessive protein intake can overload the kidneys; too many vitamins and minerals, the liver. Spirulina, if the Hong Kong experts are to be believed, can be too much of a good thing.

Well, it's not that you take spirulina in the amounts you take other foods. If you have a condition to deal with, take 20-30 grams daily. Maintenance dosage is between 5 and 10 grams daily. It's very unlikely that it will cause any problem then (unless you're allergic to one of the ingredients, but that's also very rare). Make sure to build it up slowly (you'll know when you start too fast, just lower the dosage then). More info about spirulina (and chlorella, also great, nutricious algae):

Spirulina/chlorella <- a must read!
Spirulina (1)
Spirulina (2)

Or try a Google search. Tons of info.

#16 clipse

clipse

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 January 2010 - 11:13 PM

ground buffalo
beef free range is best