Photo

Popped Pimple - Hydrocortisone?

pimple pimples pop cortisone

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
13 replies to this topic

#1 Just Call Me OCD

Just Call Me OCD

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 January 2010 - 07:30 PM

Hello to all. I had a pimple beside my mouth that had come to a head, and the second the tweezers touched it, I got the sebum out. Now I'm left with a raised blood-blister-looking thing in its place. I'm almost positive that I've completely drained the pimple, but how do I get rid of this redness and swelling? I'm currently using hydrocortisone cream. Will this help, and will I be able to cover up the leftover scab or scar tomorrow?

#2 wazzap

wazzap

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 January 2010 - 10:06 AM

Holy bejesus lol I cant believe u attacked it with tweesers! thats just asking for trouble if you ask me! Well, now that the damage has been done ill tell you what I would do. When I am pretty sure I got everything out I disinfect the pimple. I bathe it in savlon anticeptic wash for a few mins. If you have this its very good for this purpose. If you dont, just bathe it with water and whatever cleanser/wash u use. Next when its dry I use the smallest layer of bp possible just on the pimple. This gives you the antibacterial effect without slowing the healing process. Once the bacteria are all dead, only then will it start to reduce in redness/swelling. I leave this bp for a few mins, some people say 5-15 or w/e to let it dry. Then I apply a skin healing topical over it. Good ones are sudocream, savlon advanced healing gel, regular savlon skin healing cream etc. Then all you can do is give it time. Usually when I am at this stage with a pimple it drastically reduces in size in about 24hrs. Hydrocortisone doesnt really wrok unless all the bacteria are dead and the area is sterilised. Ive used it several times so I have an idea. Maybe you could use it over the bp and skin healing cream. Sadly if it was as bloody as you say it will turn to a small scab but wont scar if you do as I recommend. I do this all the time and have no scars. Good luck.

#3 Just Call Me OCD

Just Call Me OCD

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 January 2010 - 11:04 AM

Haha! Yeah, I know. Tweezers just make it so easy, no matter how bad they are! Thanks so much for the advice. The blood blister went away, so now I'm just left with a really small scab. I'm keeping it moist with moisturizer and trying to take down the redness with hydrocortisone. It seems to be working pretty well so far, but I'll definitely take your ideas into consideration. Thanks again! =)

#4 .JacktheLad.

.JacktheLad.

sex drugs and sausage rolls

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 09 January 2010 - 01:04 PM

wazzup, good reply however, ever thought of using paragraphs so its readable lol

anyway sudcrem great stuff! anything that can repair skin, i use aloe vera gel and bee propolis

seems to do the trick with those sort of problems. whats hydrocortisone? isnt that bad for skin?

My Regimen.. accutane

http://peterperfectm.../09/25/the-why/

#5 Cecelia

Cecelia

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 January 2010 - 01:09 PM

I'd suggest neosporin or bacitracin instead of hydrocortisone to prevent infection and promote healing. Open wounds need protection from infection. The ointment will also keep the tissue moist and promote healing in that manner as well.

Hydrocort is for inflammation, but has no antibitoic/antibacterial properties. It's moreso for rashes, bug bites, allergic type reactions.

#6 .JacktheLad.

.JacktheLad.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 09 January 2010 - 01:16 PM

interesting, so if a wound (like a burst spot) is left to dry in the air, is it more likely to leave a mark or scab?

if you leave a dab of anti bacterial anti septic etc on the area, will it heal slower but not leave a mark?

cause my skin has head so much quicker in the past when i didn't apply anything, than when i try to heal it ..

My Regimen.. accutane

#7 Cecelia

Cecelia

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 January 2010 - 01:34 PM

QUOTE (want2beme @ Jan 9 2010, 02:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
interesting, so if a wound (like a burst spot) is left to dry in the air, is it more likely to leave a mark or scab?

Yes, it will always scab. That's the body's way of sealing the wound. The first priority is to fight infection. Appearance is not the priority to the body.

Wound healing/tissue regeneration is improved in a moist environment. So that old stuff your dear old mom told you about letting your skinned knee open to air to dry out...we've learned that's not such good advice.

if you leave a dab of anti bacterial anti septic etc on the area, will it heal slower but not leave a mark?

Actually, it will heal faster and the chance of scarring is lessened.

cause my skin has head so much quicker in the past when i didn't apply anything, than when i try to heal it...

What did you do to "try" to heal it?

Also, skin/tissue healing is also influenced by hydration, nutrition (general and intake of protein, vitamin C and zinc), as well as sleep and stress. Surgeons have known this stuff for decades.

#8 wazzap

wazzap

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 January 2010 - 01:52 PM

Lol, ok Ill use para's anymore tongue.gif I actually didnt read it while I typed so there's the problem!

Yeah thats what savlon advanced healing gel does- enclose the wound in a moist environment to promote repair without scarring.

#9 .JacktheLad.

.JacktheLad.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 09 January 2010 - 01:54 PM

QUOTE (Cecelia @ Jan 9 2010, 07:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (want2beme @ Jan 9 2010, 02:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, it will always scab. That's the body's way of sealing the wound. The first priority is to fight infection. Appearance is not the priority to the body.

Wound healing/tissue regeneration is improved in a moist environment. So that old stuff your dear old mom told you about letting your skinned knee open to air to dry out...we've learned that's not such good advice.

Actually, it will heal faster and the chance of scarring is lessened.

cause my skin has head so much quicker in the past when i didn't apply anything, than when i try to heal it...

What did you do to "try" to heal it?

Also, skin/tissue healing is also influenced by hydration, nutrition (general and intake of protein, vitamin C and zinc), as well as sleep and stress. Surgeons have known this stuff for decades.

interesting! well when i try to heal it myself, i will leave sudocrem on it or germolene cream. both anti septic. aloe vera gel helps a lot, the one i have has vit a c e d etc in it.

or i use aloe vera bee propolis.

either way i swear just leaving it to scab then wait for the scab to flake off always leaves a less noticeable result

i take vitamin c and zinc, and have a good diet hydration etc.

when i try and heal it better myself it seems to leave it discoloured like pinky. dont get me wrong it heals its just sometimes leaving it is actually better :S

My Regimen.. accutane

#10 Just Call Me OCD

Just Call Me OCD

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 January 2010 - 01:17 AM

Jeez, this thread has taken off! Haha. Y'all all have great advice. What I did today was use a mixture of Neosporin and hydrocortisone on the scab, which really seemed to help. Later, I used some warm compresses to just soften the area, and then I put a dab of Mario Badescu's Control Cream on it and rubbed it in. I swear that stuff is fabulous, especially for winter dry skin!

Anyways, I'm sleeping with the Neosporin and hydrocortisone mixture on it and hoping it will be even better by morning!

#11 Cecelia

Cecelia

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 January 2010 - 01:30 AM

QUOTE (want2beme @ Jan 9 2010, 02:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
interesting! well when i try to heal it myself, i will leave sudocrem on it or germolene cream. both anti septic. aloe vera gel helps a lot, the one i have has vit a c e d etc in it.

While both products do have antibacterial components, they also have other ingredients.

germolene cream = BIG no-no; has phenol in it - yikes!; I'd *never* use this on my face.

sudocrem = can't recall exactly, but has other ingredients that may be irritants, too; I wouldn't use it.

I'd stick with Bacitracin or something similar. First person I knew to prescribe bacitracin to the face was a plastic surgeon.

QUOTE (Just Call Me OCD @ Jan 10 2010, 02:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Jeez, this thread has taken off! Haha. Y'all all have great advice. What I did today was use a mixture of Neosporin and hydrocortisone on the scab, which really seemed to help. Later, I used some warm compresses to just soften the area, and then I put a dab of Mario Badescu's Control Cream on it and rubbed it in. I swear that stuff is fabulous, especially for winter dry skin!

Anyways, I'm sleeping with the Neosporin and hydrocortisone mixture on it and hoping it will be even better by morning!

Don't use too many products at the same time.

#12 .JacktheLad.

.JacktheLad.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 10 January 2010 - 04:11 PM

QUOTE (Cecelia @ Jan 10 2010, 07:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (want2beme @ Jan 9 2010, 02:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

While both products do have antibacterial components, they also have other ingredients.

germolene cream = BIG no-no; has phenol in it - yikes!; I'd *never* use this on my face.

sudocrem = can't recall exactly, but has other ingredients that may be irritants, too; I wouldn't use it.

I'd stick with Bacitracin or something similar. First person I knew to prescribe bacitracin to the face was a plastic surgeon.

QUOTE (Just Call Me OCD @ Jan 10 2010, 02:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Don't use too many products at the same time.

Bacitracin uk? what would be similar , thanks for helping

My Regimen.. accutane

#13 Cecelia

Cecelia

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 January 2010 - 04:37 PM

It's bacitracin zinc. I think it's available in the UK through a chemist.

#14 ineedhelpimmediatly

ineedhelpimmediatly

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 October 2010 - 08:17 AM

hiii uhm i have the same problem as u but on my forhead and i am going to a wedding...TOMORO so i really need this to work but just making sure..what do u meen by bp??please answer