But I notice that there are still a lot of people struggling here, so I'm going to create this cheat sheet below on how to really get clear skin:
The Clear Skin Cheat Sheet
Theory: Cavemen, humans living in their natural environment did not have acne. Mimic the natural environment of your ancestors and you will not have acne either.
- Eat a paleo-ish diet, according to your metabolic type.
- Avoid gluten as much as possible.
- Make sure you are eating a good source of omega-3s on a daily basis. Fish oil, fish, cod liver oil, etc.
- Take 4,000 IU of vitamin D3 a day or go sunbathing/use a tanning bed on a daily basis.
- Exercise daily, up to a sweat, with an intensity that is hard enough so that you are breathing hard. 15-20 minutes is enough to maintain good health daily.
- Sleep in complete darkness and go to bed and wake up around the same time everyday. Aim for about 8 hours of sleep a night and nap to make up any sleep lost if you are tired.
- Avoid topical ointments, cosmetics, etc., as much as possible. Put as little on your skin as you can handle. Currently I only use pure 100% coconut oil soap once daily on my skin and that is it.
- Avoid supplements and drugs (prescription and otherwise) as much as possible. These are not natural and will have largely unpredictable and bad effects on your body. It is very easy to bring your body out of balance using supplements and drugs, while it is very difficult to get your body out of balance eating natural foods.
More information here:
Paleo diet - http://paleodiet.com/
A good free metabolic typing test - http://www.lowcarbnz...abolic_type.htm
Gluten-free diet - http://en.wikipedia....luten-free_diet
Vitamin D - http://www.vitamindcouncil.org/
My Results (this is what anyone can achieve if they follow these steps)
Edited by Healthoid, 15 June 2011 - 01:31 PM.