Photo

What a head nurse told me about acne

vitamin vitamins vitamin a

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
60 replies to this topic

#21 hobo2alpha

hobo2alpha

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 July 2004 - 09:33 PM

so you think the "Wai" diet is completly insane or something?

I agree, to a certain degree such a diet is impossible to maintain.

However, if your desperate to rid your acne, it does work.

The main reason for following the "strict diet" is to clear your acne, to eliminate it by eating foods that don't cause acne. Once you are clear then you can start experimenting with other foods, cooked foods, deserts, meats and see how it effects your skin.

But unhealthy... I think not Kweller! Thanks to this diet, I can finally sleep and I always have energy. I feel so happy, however there are some adjustments, but it is worth a try if you want to rid your acne? But then again, that is just my results.

BenKweller, do you have any credentials?

What about the diet is so unhealthy?

I'm interested in your idea of a healthy diet.

If you have read her site, you would see all the reference and science behind her diet. It makes sense. But you need to read it FIRST!

#22 ann_a_bell

ann_a_bell

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 July 2004 - 11:24 PM

QUOTE(Denise2 @ Jul 9 2004, 02:15 PM)
Bailey:  The one inch bug with antennas I got out during a 21 day juice fast about 7 years ago.  I passed mucoid plaque then, too.

The liverflukes and worms were stuff I got out while liverflushing, though I was NOT doing any parasite killing at the time.  I think all the cleansing and flushing just knocked the boogers out.

I am new to all of this, but I was just wondering how does all of that stuff get in there, the liverflukes, worms, ect. Is it certain foods, things there naturally(which I doubt), something that we are exposed to or what? :o
"Love heals all"

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not."- Kurt Cobain

"Nothing in this world is more dangerous that sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity" -Martin Luther King

#23 Denise2

Denise2

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 July 2004 - 07:04 AM

hobo: I have cured my acne and can eat anything I want now without breaking out, but thanks so much for your help.

#24 Sam The Man

Sam The Man

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me

Posted 12 July 2004 - 08:00 AM

QUOTE(a good friend @ Jul 11 2004, 02:28 PM)
This is scary.   How do these liver flukes and parasites actually get inside the body?

That is a good question. My cat had worms, but they get in his body, because he eats raw fish. I mean where does these parasites come from? Food is the most obvious answer. sad.gif
Who wants to be normal? Who wants normal results? We want to be exceptional. Exceptions confirm what is not normal

#25 Denise2

Denise2

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 July 2004 - 11:41 AM

Parasite eggs are microscopic; you cannot see them. You can ingest them through food for sure; particularly fruits and veggies. However, pet owners should be aware that they have a higher risk of contracting parasites because of the contact they have with their animals; I mean...come on. Boy dogs lick their (ahem) boy parts, and then lick their owner in the mouth.... :eek: :blink: :ph34r: :sick: :shifty:

If your immune system is working top-notch, you can usually avoid a full-scale parasite infestation; however, if it's been compromised, particularly through anitbiotic abuse, then you can be targeted. shock.gif

#26 Locnar

Locnar

Locnar

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 July 2004 - 11:42 AM

QUOTE(hobo2alpha @ Jul 11 2004, 08:20 PM)
so you think the "Wai" diet is completly insane or something?

I agree, to a certain degree such a diet is impossible to maintain.

However, if your desperate to rid your acne, it does work.

The main reason for following the "strict diet" is to clear your acne, to eliminate it by eating foods that don't cause acne.  Once you are clear then you can start experimenting with other foods, cooked foods, deserts, meats and see how it effects your skin.

But unhealthy... I think not Kweller!  Thanks to this diet, I can finally sleep and I always have energy. I feel so happy, however there are some adjustments, but it is worth a try if you want to rid your acne? But then again, that is just my results.

BenKweller, do you have any credentials?

What about the diet is so unhealthy?

I'm interested in your idea of a healthy diet.

If you have read her site, you would see all the reference and science behind her diet.  It makes sense.  But you need to read it FIRST!

A few points.

The person behind this site has done NO research. There are no experiments or data that she has collected.

Citations are not always proof. You can give all kinds of citations but they don't have to support your ideas. That is why (in real science) you have to endure peer review.

While this person does have a degree, she is not as qualified as your average doctor, and does not have as much schooling. She is not qualified to dispense drugs.

Ms. Wai knows all of this, that is why there is the standard "FDA has not evaluated these claims....." disclaimer on the site. If she'd done actual recognized research, this would not be needed.

Bitching, moaning, and calling me names will be ignored. Actually, I prefer if you are a "holistic" follower, that you don't respond at all. I just want important facts to get to the UNDECIDED. I don't want to or care to change the decided mind.
Locnar

Reviled but not restrained.

#27 Nico

Nico

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 July 2004 - 11:51 AM

Yeah you're right, acne is perfectly normal, natural and good, and products such as BP gel are magical and will cure anybody's acne in a flash cause they were created by people who have much schooling and qualified doctors. If what you buy at the pharmacy doesn't work, it's because you're not using it properly because hey, it was created by qualified doctors.

#28 Denise2

Denise2

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 July 2004 - 01:11 PM

:mrgreen:

#29 SweetJade1980

SweetJade1980

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 July 2004 - 03:20 PM

Fecal - Oral transferance is still the #1 way to get parasites. Ha ha, wash your hands folks. Otherwise, there's pets, raw or undercooked meats, raw or undercooked seafood, water vegetation, produce from "other countries," living & swimming around areas near water (especially in certain countries) that support parasite carrying insects (deserts too), and yeah....poor hygeine, which you could probably throw uprotected sex under (STDs).

Take Care
These are not steps, but stages some people progress through when going from conventional to holistic medicine. Stage 2 is how I became 99%+ Clear, eliminated my dysmennorhea, significantly reduced my sebum & pore size, etc & is my predominant method.

Stage 1 (Treatment):
* (Daily) Isocare Skin Control Cleanser, Dream Products Customized Natural Face Lotion & Coppertone Sport Spray Sunscreen (mixed)
* (Sporadically) spot treat w/ anti-inflammatory (neosporin, hydrocortisone, salicylic acid) or a skin lightener (post-inflammatory pigmentation) to treat stubborn cystic/nodular acne that appears due to unknowingly or knowingly ingesting a food/ingredient that breaks me out (I do my best to avoid these foods). If you cover treated area w/ a bandaid, it makes product more effective.

Stage 2 (Prevention): "cheapest" method ~ Since Aug. 2002
* Follow a Gluten-Free, Trans-Fat Free, Dairy-Free and No Added Sugar diet for my Insulin Resistance/Hyperandrogenism (Silent Chronic Inflammatory Syndrome)
* Avoid ALL types of nuts and the Genus Prunus (almonds, plums, peaches, nectarines, apricots, cherries), Bananas, Pineapples, Cottonseed oil, Artificial Sweetners.

Stage 3 (Correction):
* 1/18/08 Ultimate Colon Cleanse (30 day program)

Research:
* Developing functional foods for those with acne & other special needs (assuming there's a defficiency).
* Developing good & "safe" formulas for various hormonal issues for women. Correction stage may resolve this for some.

#30 BenKweller

BenKweller

Veteran Member

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 July 2004 - 04:41 PM

QUOTE(Nico @ Jul 12 2004, 11:38 AM)
Yeah you're right, acne is perfectly normal, natural and good, and products such as BP gel are magical and will cure anybody's acne in a flash cause they were created by people who have much schooling and qualified doctors. If what you buy at the pharmacy doesn't work, it's because you're not using it properly because hey, it was created by qualified doctors.

Posts like this make it clear that, instead of putting evidence or thought into a post, you prefer just to bash others without adding anything useful. Yes, so you are saying that medical doctors failed yet some trekkies on CureZone.com have picked up the ball?

Please. Don't waste our time.

#31 hobo2alpha

hobo2alpha

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 July 2004 - 05:10 PM

Locnar,

If you read the quoted references, they are at the end of the book, you will see that she isn't doing "research". The research is already done, financed by big pharma and done by scientists. She is putting the peices together.

I never meant to bitch, complain or moan. Sorry If I did!

#32 Locnar

Locnar

Locnar

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 July 2004 - 07:03 PM

QUOTE(Nico @ Jul 12 2004, 10:38 AM)

Get a dictionary. Look up "straw-man argument."

Read this post before some pro-bs mod comes along and deletes MY post, but leaves Nico's. tongue.gif
Locnar

#33 Locnar

Locnar

Locnar

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 July 2004 - 07:05 PM

QUOTE(hobo2alpha @ Jul 12 2004, 03:57 PM)
Locnar,

If you read the quoted references, they are at the end of the book, you will see that she isn't doing "research".  The research is already done, financed by big pharma and done by scientists.  She is putting the peices together. 

I never meant to bitch, complain or moan.  Sorry If I did!

Um, you said basically what I said. She hasn't done any research. All I was pointing out is that lots of citations are not ALWAYS proof. One of the oldest tricks in the book is to put in a citations that don't really support your point. This is usually done when you aren't planning on submitting your findings for peer review.

She hasn't submitted her findings for peer review.

I apologize if I prejudged you. I tend to get called a lot of names and such, and then the mods delete MY posts. rolleyes.gif Sorry if lumped you in with everyone else.
Locnar

#34 Nico

Nico

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 July 2004 - 07:15 PM

Please. Don't waste our time.

You are very good at wasting your own time.
And your money too.
The reason I don't lose my time arguing is because I have a method that actually works while you're still blinded by your trust to doctors and incompetent derms.

#35 BenKweller

BenKweller

Veteran Member

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 July 2004 - 09:17 PM

Ooooh doctor conspiracy. Do you believe we never got to the moon, too?

#36 hobo2alpha

hobo2alpha

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 July 2004 - 09:26 PM

Well let's see...

Lets start with some basics...

I'm using the acne diet from www.freeacnebook.com
NO topicals or medications at all!

Nico and BenKweller, what are your methods or acne treatments?

Curious, I would like to know if it works or whatnot?

Locnar, I can agree with what you say, I have tried searching for the article references but I don;t think I would understand half the biochemistry part of it and I'm not sure how to use the search engine to search for the articles. Here is the reference page from her book and the link to the online articles.

http://www.freeacneb.../references.htm

Does anyone know how to search the national library of medicine site:
http://www.ncbi.nlm....trez/query.fcgi

?????????

Thanks!

#37 BenKweller

BenKweller

Veteran Member

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 July 2004 - 09:47 PM

I wash with just Dove for Sensitive skin. That's it. And it cured me.

BP and everything I used when I was 16 made things worse.

#38 Locnar

Locnar

Locnar

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 July 2004 - 09:58 PM

Hobo2: It's really difficult to check citations if you are not deeply involved in the field you are looking into. I have a psychology degree, so I know what good research methods are, but I couldn't begin to look into biochem citations. That's why it's PEER review. You need knowlegable people in the field to look over the stuff. Ms Wai has not done this, and you have to ask yourself, why not?
Locnar

#39 hobo2alpha

hobo2alpha

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 July 2004 - 09:46 AM

Very true,

Here is her response to that:

http://www.waitalk.c...ic;f=6;t=000028

#40 Locnar

Locnar

Locnar

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 July 2004 - 11:16 AM

Hobo2:

I still question why she isn't even trying to get some research done. I agree with her that correlative data is a good place to start.

I give you credit for debating honestly and with civility. I've learned not to expect that in this forum. You actually addressed the points in my argument! tongue.gif Sorry I prejudged you.
Locnar