Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What a head nurse told me about acne

61 posts in this topic

so you think the "Wai" diet is completly insane or something?

I agree, to a certain degree such a diet is impossible to maintain.

However, if your desperate to rid your acne, it does work.

The main reason for following the "strict diet" is to clear your acne, to eliminate it by eating foods that don't cause acne.  Once you are clear then you can start experimenting with other foods, cooked foods, deserts, meats and see how it effects your skin.

But unhealthy... I think not Kweller!  Thanks to this diet, I can finally sleep and I always have energy. I feel so happy, however there are some adjustments, but it is worth a try if you want to rid your acne? But then again, that is just my results.

BenKweller, do you have any credentials?

What about the diet is so unhealthy?

I'm interested in your idea of a healthy diet.

If you have read her site, you would see all the reference and science behind her diet.  It makes sense.  But you need to read it FIRST!

Locnar

Reviled but not restrained.

Yeah you're right, acne is perfectly normal, natural and good, and products such as BP gel are magical and will cure anybody's acne in a flash cause they were created by people who have much schooling and qualified doctors. If what you buy at the pharmacy doesn't work, it's because you're not using it properly because hey, it was created by qualified doctors.

Fecal - Oral transferance is still the #1 way to get parasites. Ha ha, wash your hands folks. Otherwise, there's pets, raw or undercooked meats, raw or undercooked seafood, water vegetation, produce from "other countries," living & swimming around areas near water (especially in certain countries) that support parasite carrying insects (deserts too), and yeah....poor hygeine, which you could probably throw uprotected sex under (STDs).

Take Care

These are not steps, but stages some people progress through when going from conventional to holistic medicine. Stage 2 is how I became 99%+ Clear, eliminated my dysmennorhea, significantly reduced my sebum & pore size, etc & is my predominant method.

Stage 1 (Treatment):

* (Daily) Isocare Skin Control Cleanser, Dream Products Customized Natural Face Lotion & Coppertone Sport Spray Sunscreen (mixed)

* (Sporadically) spot treat w/ anti-inflammatory (neosporin, hydrocortisone, salicylic acid) or a skin lightener (post-inflammatory pigmentation) to treat stubborn cystic/nodular acne that appears due to unknowingly or knowingly ingesting a food/ingredient that breaks me out (I do my best to avoid these foods). If you cover treated area w/ a bandaid, it makes product more effective.

Stage 2 (Prevention): "cheapest" method ~ Since Aug. 2002

* Follow a Gluten-Free, Trans-Fat Free, Dairy-Free and No Added Sugar diet for my Insulin Resistance/Hyperandrogenism (Silent Chronic Inflammatory Syndrome)

* Avoid ALL types of nuts and the Genus Prunus (almonds, plums, peaches, nectarines, apricots, cherries), Bananas, Pineapples, Cottonseed oil, Artificial Sweetners.

Stage 3 (Correction):

* Strengthen/Repair GI - Immune health

Research:

* Developing functional foods for those with acne & other special needs (assuming there's a defficiency).

* Developing good & "safe" formulas for various hormonal issues for women. Correction stage may resolve this for some.

Yeah you're right, acne is perfectly normal, natural and good, and products such as BP gel are magical and will cure anybody's acne in a flash cause they were created by people who have much schooling and qualified doctors. If what you buy at the pharmacy doesn't work, it's because you're not using it properly because hey, it was created by qualified doctors.

Locnar,

If you read the quoted references, they are at the end of the book, you will see that she isn't doing "research". The research is already done, financed by big pharma and done by scientists. She is putting the peices together.

I never meant to bitch, complain or moan. Sorry If I did!

Locnar

Locnar,

If you read the quoted references, they are at the end of the book, you will see that she isn't doing "research".  The research is already done, financed by big pharma and done by scientists.  She is putting the peices together. 

I never meant to bitch, complain or moan.  Sorry If I did!

Locnar

Well let's see...

Lets start with some basics...

I'm using the acne diet from www.freeacnebook.com

NO topicals or medications at all!

Nico and BenKweller, what are your methods or acne treatments?

Curious, I would like to know if it works or whatnot?

Locnar, I can agree with what you say, I have tried searching for the article references but I don;t think I would understand half the biochemistry part of it and I'm not sure how to use the search engine to search for the articles. Here is the reference page from her book and the link to the online articles.

http://www.freeacnebook.com/references.htm

Does anyone know how to search the national library of medicine site:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi

?????????

Thanks!

Hobo2: It's really difficult to check citations if you are not deeply involved in the field you are looking into. I have a psychology degree, so I know what good research methods are, but I couldn't begin to look into biochem citations. That's why it's PEER review. You need knowlegable people in the field to look over the stuff. Ms Wai has not done this, and you have to ask yourself, why not?

Locnar

Hobo2:

I still question why she isn't even trying to get some research done. I agree with her that correlative data is a good place to start.

I give you credit for debating honestly and with civility. I've learned not to expect that in this forum. You actually addressed the points in my argument! tongue.gif Sorry I prejudged you.

Locnar

all adults should take in 100 grams of protein per day but we can only absorb 30 grams per meal.

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."- Adam Savage

all adults should take in 100 grams of protein per day but we can only absorb 30 grams per meal.

Who wants to be normal? Who wants normal results? We want to be exceptional. Exceptions confirm what is not normal

i found it on some nutritional website, cant remember where but i guess they were talking about yer "average" adult.

I believe the 30g absorbtion thing is universal because it says the same thing in all the top body-building mags too which doesn't cater for the "average" guy.

Then again, the contestants in the worlds strongest man contest eat like 12-15 eggs for breakfast!

They wouldn't do this if they wern't getting any benifit from it.....

i dunno, never thaught about it in-depth before.

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."- Adam Savage

Nico,

dude what are saying. don' let your emotions take control of our debate, stuff like that really disrupts the focus it. it is hard enough to agree and cussing and blowing up like that is what a 5-year old act.

or are you being sarcastic?........

anyways, yeah, kweller, your a lucky dude. do you still use the dove wash?

bomberman,

just like energy intake is different for an athlete compared to a person in wheelchairs, so is protein intake.

of course a certain amount of protein is necessary.

dude what are saying. don' let your emotions take control of our debate, stuff like that really disrupts the focus it. it is hard enough to agree and cussing and blowing up like that is what a 5-year old act.

Yes Nico, thanks for the maturity. It has nothing to do with being naive. I found that my acne was completely unaffected by diet (trust me; when I had acne, my diet would change a lot because I travelled a lot more than the average 15 year old) and that when I stopped irritating my face, it stopped. I know you are so desperate for a cure that you are resorting to bad language but it doesn't help you.

No, I mean I would be naive too if I could have made my pimples disapear so easily. I'd probably try to convince people that diet doesn't affect it too.