Photo

What a head nurse told me about acne

vitamin vitamins vitamin a

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
60 replies to this topic

#1 El Sol

El Sol

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 July 2004 - 12:51 AM

Hey,

Today I went to get my tb test checked because I'm going to be volunteering in a hospital (it came out negative). While I was there I started talking to the nurse that was treating me and I told her about my skin problems and that I've been looking for ways to get rid of it. What she told me was so simple that it actually made sense.

Lately, I've been thinking of the natural way of treating acne, like doing liver flushes, bowel cleanses and such. I told her about that and asked her opinion. She said that our body naturally does that and that there have been studies that show that those who have done liver flushes and those types of detoxification exercises place an enormous amount of pressure and strain on their insides. Which have been shown to have a negative affect on the person's health in the long run.

I stood there thinking, damn there goes that idea. Then she told me how complex our bodies are and how wonderful they are. For example our cardiovasculary system, which lasts on avergae 90 years, 90 years of pumping the heart and breathing without needing to consciously control it. I never really looked at it that way. She began to tell me that what I needed to do was moderate myself. The amount of protien that you should intake per day is the size of your fist (believe that's what she said). Stay away from the sugars and refined things. Eat plenty of fresh veggies, basically eat everything in moderation and your body should take care of it, of course she also said to treat your acne with creams like Bp while your establishing your diet.

What she was tryint to say is that our body can handle the acne, our body can handle stopping acne, yet there is no one thing that causes acne. E.G. Take B5 because there is an defficiancy of that vitamin and that will cure acne. There are many things that work together that cause acne and if you have your body at tip top shape it will be able to better combat acne.

She said, like many, that acne is really hormonal, but that stress has a lot to do with it sometimes. LONG POST I KNOW SORRY. I'm going to try what she say's to do and we'll see how it works.

El Sol

#2 jc

jc

Time for the big guns

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 6
About Me

Posted 09 July 2004 - 08:29 AM

QUOTE(El Sol @ Jul 9 2004, 02:38 AM)
The amount of protien that you should intake per day is the size of your fist (believe that's what she said).

That's a very strange way of measuring protein amounts, as foods vary in size, content of protein per gram, etc. For example, I'm sure that there's more protein in a fistful of tuna, then there is in salmon.

Hope you can get your skin under control! Just remember to stay diligent.

#3 Nico

Nico

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 July 2004 - 09:45 AM

like doing liver flushes, bowel cleanses and such. I told her about that and asked her opinion. She said that our body naturally does that

If that was the case, there would be no such things as colon cancer, colds, etc.

#4 Denise2

Denise2

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 July 2004 - 10:57 AM

Precisely my thoughts, Nico.

I don't mean to sound harsh or rude but the more I hear trained medical professions give these types of explanations, the more I am motivated to start some kind of non-profit agency that exposes this kind of fallacious thinking.

Maybe that nurse should go watch what comes out of people during a colonic. Maybe that nurse hasn't ever seen pics of mucoid plaque.

These doctors and nurses really are just ignorant; I cannot blame them for their stupidity and ignorance because they don't have the proper education. But mucoid plaque, parasites, intrahepatic stones are all PROOF POSITIVE that we do have "toxins" in our bodies, but most of all, they need to come out.

The trained "nurse" giving that type of advice is what made me desperate for answers; it was obvious that derms, doctors, estheticians, etc.....didn't even begin to understand acne or it's root causes.

Diet effects acne in various ways, but if you change your diet, and still have a colon full of toxins, parasites, plaque, etc....then changing your diet and taking vitamins and minerals isn't going to remove it. Same with liverflushing.

But hey....listen to the nurse if you want. When you get all that crud out, you can eat anything you want within reason (just keep your colon and liver clear through maintenance) and nothing will break you out, except for maybe a smattering of blackheads and a few tiny whiteheads, if you are so inclined.

Oh, one more thing. Ask the nurse for studies on liverflushing. How much ya wanna bet there aren't any? The only danger in doing flushes is when someone with a gallbladder and liver packed with stones, and a stone is stuck in the neck of the gallbladder that could possibly cause pancreatitis. This almost is never the case with someone who is young and has acne.

Feel free to go to Curezone and go the liverflush forum and read it for yourself. There are many people who have cured their acne through liverflushing and bowel cleansing.

Also, do a google on mucoid plaque pictures and take that to the nurse and ask her if the person who passed it would be better off with it still in them. The plaque harbors parasites and bacteria; many people pass mucoid plaque with parasites still attached to it. A guy named Raymond at Curezone just reported this.

The problem is that the medical community just assumes that this stuff just automatically flushes out of the body. I am living proof that is NOT true...seeings how I have passed 3 liverflukes, a 6 inch white worm, a 2 inch white worm, and a 1 inch thang with antennas and legs all down the side of the body.

You think I would be better off with all that inside my body? Thank God I had the good sense to look into alternative methods for removing all this gunk out of me; I just literally removed some mucoid plaque 2 weeks ago; I know this stuff is REAL.

#5 SweetJade1980

SweetJade1980

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 July 2004 - 12:21 PM

Here's my question, just what type of milk are they using in these recent studies that say it helps you lose weight, fight heart disease, and colon cancer? Or maybe these are just survey studies, because I recall them saying it probably had to do with the Calcium content. Anyway, all I know is that the milk I used to drink, usually organic, wasn't doing my any favors.

Oh and, the nurse makes a lot of sense, doesn't she? Although if you don't give your body the tools it needs, it can't balance itself. If you are not getting enough fiber, you can't help flush out some of those toxins or releive constipation, for those that unknowingly have that problem. Even animals in the wild know what foods to eat in order to detoxify themselves. They know to eat around most of the poisonous part of leaf, and they know to detoxy regularly just in case. Yet, we're not supposed to do that?

#6 Bailey

Bailey

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 July 2004 - 12:25 PM

QUOTE(Denise2 @ Jul 9 2004, 10:44 AM)
I am living proof that is NOT true...seeings how I have passed 3 liverflukes, a 6 inch white worm, a 2 inch white worm, and a 1 inch thang with antennas and legs all down the side of the body.

Oh my. Good thing you got that out. Did you do it with P&B Shakes? I'm about to start another MC..this time with P&B Shakes.

#7 Denise2

Denise2

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 July 2004 - 12:26 PM

LOL! I thought the exact same thing, SweetJade! :lol:

#8 Denise2

Denise2

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 July 2004 - 12:28 PM

Bailey: The one inch bug with antennas I got out during a 21 day juice fast about 7 years ago. I passed mucoid plaque then, too.

The liverflukes and worms were stuff I got out while liverflushing, though I was NOT doing any parasite killing at the time. I think all the cleansing and flushing just knocked the boogers out.

#9 Bailey

Bailey

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me

Posted 09 July 2004 - 12:36 PM

Really, I just came off of a pretty long MC..and I didn't pass anything like that. Or maybe I just wasn't paying attention. I thought the P&B Shakes were the only way to pass the mucoid plaque.

Anyways, congrats! This gives me the motivation I need to keep going.

#10 Nico

Nico

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me

Posted 09 July 2004 - 01:32 PM

seeings how I have passed 3 liverflukes, a 6 inch white worm, a 2 inch white worm, and a 1 inch thang with antennas and legs all down the side of the body.

Holy ****... How the hell did that get in there??? It almost makes me afraid that I have the same things inside me :o
I'm really looking forward to when I start my MC in September...

#11 Sam The Man

Sam The Man

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 July 2004 - 02:19 PM

I saw this program about human parasites and there was this fly that inserts its larvae inside the human scalp. It grows in there and drills a hole in the scalp in order to breath. The woman in the document started to notice a pump in her head and felt something moving inside the pump. She went to the doctor and they put vaseline in the hole so the larvae couldn't breath and it died. There was this huge hole in this women's head and the doctor pulled the larvae out through the hole. It was something like 1.5 inches long. That was probably one of the most disgusting things I've ever seen. :eek:

#12 Sam The Man

Sam The Man

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 July 2004 - 03:44 PM

Here is the fly that I was talking about : fly

What kind of a thing was that antenna bug?

#13 GuardedlyOptimistic

GuardedlyOptimistic

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 July 2004 - 08:05 PM

can you give me an abbreviated version of the type of liver flushes/bowel flushes you do ? what do you do exactly. i trust you. i don't want to read curezone because it overwhelms me. smile.gif thanks

#14 SweetJade1980

SweetJade1980

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 July 2004 - 11:58 PM

LOL, in terms of eliminating parasites, no that poor woman could have done a million liver flushes and that worm would have still been there.

It's called a liver flush because it flushes your liver. Not your heart, or your brain, and therefore flukes and other bugs, that are living within you will have to be eliminated via antiparasititic prescriptions, herbs, and foods.

#15 a good friend

a good friend

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 July 2004 - 05:41 AM

This is scary. How do these liver flukes and parasites actually get inside the body?

#16 SickOfSmallPimps

SickOfSmallPimps

Mr. AL

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 July 2004 - 05:50 AM

The trained "nurse" giving that type of advice is what made me desperate for answers; it was obvious that derms, doctors, estheticians, etc.....didn't even begin to understand acne or it's root causes.

Hmm, trust someone who studied anatomy and physiology at Harvard for 8+ years, or some hick know-it-all who writes books about acne's last solutions to get rich off of people desperate to seek "unique solutions"? Hmmm...

It just amazes me how people with NO medical education have to nerve to say that real MDs are ignorant and educationless. It's hypocritical and amusing.

Truth be known: if you eat healthy, exercise, take good supplements, and get things like enemas every now and then because of their general benefits (instead of scheduling them for everytime you watch another rerun of Friends - like most body flushing freaks on this site do), you'll be ok.

Makes me wonder how that woman who ate fried soul food her whole life lived to be over 110...

*sigh*

#17 Denise2

Denise2

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 July 2004 - 07:46 AM

Hmm, trust someone who studied anatomy and physiology at Harvard for 8+ years, or some hick know-it-all who writes books about acne's last solutions to get rich off of people desperate to seek "unique solutions"? Hmmm...

Denise: We aren't talking about someone who wrote a book called "Acne's last solution". We are talking about treating acne naturally by clearing the places in the body that breed bacteria and toxins. Please don't comment if you don't understand what we are talking about.

It just amazes me how people with NO medical education have to nerve to say that real MDs are ignorant and educationless. It's hypocritical and amusing.

Denise: If md's, nurses, and derms could cure acne, why do people turn to alternative treatments?

Truth be known: if you eat healthy, exercise, take good supplements, and get things like enemas every now and then because of their general benefits (instead of scheduling them for everytime you watch another rerun of Friends - like most body flushing freaks on this site do), you'll be ok.

Denise: If what you say is true, then none of us would have acne. I ate healthy, did fasting detoxes, did enemas, took supplements out of the wazoo, had 6 microdermabrasians, was on every antibiotic known to man, used Retin A, glycolic acid, had glycolic and salicylic acid peels, had one 35% tca peel, had v-beam treatments at the cost of $500 a piece. Please don't come to this site speaking in such a condescending manner about "eating right, exercising, and taking supplements". Many of us, myself included, DID ALL OF THAT. None of that cured my acne. A series of liverflushes and 3 colonics did what the medical community tried to do for ALMOST 30 YEARS. I started breaking out when I was 11 and I am 39.

Many people like myself have looked for answers our whole life. If your username is correct, and all you get are "small pimps", then good for you. Many of us weren't so fortunate.

Maybe if you get cystic acne and start scarring, and you try every single alternative and allopathic method, and you are still scarring and breaking out in cysts, you'll be a bit more compassionate and you won't judge and make fun of many of us with your inane, ill-informed comments.

Makes me wonder how that woman who ate fried soul food her whole life lived to be over 110...

Denise: Probably had plenty of good hso's in her diet, unlike the population now.

#18 Nico

Nico

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 July 2004 - 02:04 PM

Many of us, myself included, DID ALL OF THAT. None of that cured my acne. A series of liverflushes and 3 colonics did what the medical community tried to do for ALMOST 30 YEARS. I started breaking out when I was 11 and I am 39.

You know Denise, people like that are living in their own little imaginary dream world. I think you are wasting your time when you reply to them because they seem to really like having the money sucked out of their pockets by their doctors instead of actually being healthy.
But of course that's just my opinion smile.gif

#19 hobo2alpha

hobo2alpha

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 July 2004 - 07:26 PM

Denise,

If you really want to cure your acne, please read this site:

www.freeacnebook.com

I would recommend it to people who desperately want to get rid of their acne.

#20 BenKweller

BenKweller

Veteran Member

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 July 2004 - 08:26 PM

And for those who have nothing better to do with their time. I'm sorry but a diet like that is simply unhealthy.